Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I don't know her, so I can't spew hate. I do know that she gets it done though. Only woman and one of only 5 people to complete a Chuting Gallery lines. I'm impressed. To paraphrase Dizzy Dean, "If it's true, then you ain't bragging".CG is a great skier, a great athlete and totally full of herself. While, if you don't know her personally, you can dislike her public persona, you have to admire her skillz.

Same can be said for saucer boy, Glen Plake and maybe even Dean Cummings???
    For the record Jess Shade and maybe 1 other woman has now completed the chuting gallery, and I think the total is around 12 but it was probably more difficult when caroline was doing it because there was less beta

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is there a better self promoter than Sierra Quitiquit?
    I have gone out of my way to block her on any app she could possibly pop up in. I had forgotten about her completely for probably 3 years at this point (dick ). The narcissism in that one is biblical.

The GoPro was invented to watch yourself surf and then to share it with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    but it was probably more difficult when caroline was doing it because there was less beta
    Less beta?? This is the Wasatch we're talking about, the step by step directions to anything you might want to ski have been blogged about extensively for 15+ years...
    We're not talking about multiday outings in remote ranges here, every one of the lines in the book can be done in a 1/2 day from a well established trailhead and is usually visible from the road. FFS, the book itself gives you all the beta you need, it's literally a guidebook!

It wasn't more difficult when she completed it, there were fewer people motivated to tick their way through a list so they can spray about it on the 'gram.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

…she gets it done though. Only woman and one of only 5 people to complete a Chuting Gallery lines. I'm impressed…
    This

CG is a great skier, a great athlete and totally full of herself.
    This too.

Same can be said for saucer boy, Glen Plake and maybe even Dean Cummings???
    And this.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    For the record Jess Shade and maybe 1 other woman has now completed the chuting gallery, and I think the total is around 12 but it was probably more difficult when caroline was doing it because there was less beta
    wasn’t aware of the other people who’ve nailed the Chuting Gallery lines. Props to them.

Glen Plake should not be in this thread or be remotely compared to anyone listed here.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Glen Plake should not be in this thread or be remotely compared to anyone listed here.
    Well, he did hit someone in the face with an ashtray.
    So he’s on his way

While I really like him, you can see how some people may not like his public persona. Otherwise, I agree.

Personally, I have heard more than one person say, "Glen Plake, what an idiot" or "what a goof ball". That which I consider "cool", others dislike.
    Why not say that Scot Schmidt is a schmuck, because he drinks Louis XIII with rich folk at the Yellowstone Club. It seems ridiculous to me.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Well, he did hit someone in the face with an ashtray.
    So he’s on his way
    Your words don't form a cohesive thought or point

While I really like him, you can see how some people may not like his public persona. Otherwise, I agree.

Personally, I have heard more than one person say, "Glen Plake, what an idiot" or "what a goof ball". That which I consider "cool", others dislike.
    Why not say that Scot Schmidt is a schmuck, because he drinks Louis XIII with rich folk at the Yellowstone Club. It seems ridiculous to me.

You are not getting the point of this thread. And Plake's down home tour speaks for itself - and that's just one thing he has done to put smiles on faces and give back to skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I have gone out of my way to block her on any app she could possibly pop up in. I had forgotten about her completely for probably 3 years at this point (dick ). The narcissism in that one is biblical.
    No one is better at droning on endlessly about climate change and environmental issues while traveling nonstop worldwide. She’s the IG-model skier girl.

Maybe, I didn't read all 900+ hate posts. All I am saying is that which many consider giving back to skiing and may put a smile on my face, yours and many others, may irritate others. But you are right in that this thread is not about Glen Plake. Personally, I have no negative thoughts about Plake, or Gleich, for that matter.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^^^ Thats why its called the Ski Business. When Lehman Brothers went tits up we were effectively bankrupt but the bank wanted us to retain as much value as possible so they kept us operating and that meant they had to have someone to throw the bombs and haul the injured. I was shocked they kept me on year round but I also did a lot of odd jobs during the off season. Right up until we were sold to Cross Harbor and given to Boyne to mismanage. I had been told repeatedly that we would never be sold to Boyne to technically it wasn't a lie.

And Plake's down home tour speaks for itself - and that's just one thing he has done to put smiles on faces and give back to skiing.
    Plake showed up at Camden Snowbowl on a thoroughly miserable day and was on fire. Former patroller buddy said it made the entire season for her and a lot of people and that he was a hoot.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Holy shit, did Shane and Plake really just get compared in this thread? I’m not a CG hater but this place has jumped the fucking shark.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^^^ Yep, Ski Bidness.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holy shit, did Shane and Plake really just get compared in this thread? I’m not a CG hater but this place has jumped the fucking shark.
    No kidding. Those are 2 of the funniest, coolest, most gracious people I've ever had the chance to talk to and the privilege to tour/ski/drink with and I can't imagine anyone saying otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    No one is better at droning on endlessly about climate change and environmental issues while traveling nonstop worldwide. She’s the IG-model skier girl.
    Sierra is insufferable, I remember a while back she got a ton of backlash on a couple of her posts about how she basically makes a living taking bikini pics but calls herself a pro-skier. I took Buzz's approach and unfollowed her and CG around the same time a few years ago.

Plake is the man, full stop.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

I'd never heard of Sierra Quitiquit until reading this thread, but I looked her up and she is attractive, I'll give her that much. But now I want to know if that last name is legit or some kind of affectation.

Well CG skied and partied with Liz Daley so don’t feel I can rip on her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Brody leven is everything that is wrong with the world made Flesh.

Cody on the other hand is hot and an angel that deserves all our love and sympathy.
    Ian Mc would kick Cody and Brody's ass.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd never heard of Sierra Quitiquit until reading this thread, but I looked her up and she is attractive, I'll give her that much. But now I want to know if that last name is legit or some kind of affectation.
    It's a legit name, my friend's brother used to date her. And I will say, she's a way better skier than many, many people on these forums. I'm not going to hate on someone for making most (or some) of their money modeling on the side. Lynsey Dyer does the same and she can rip.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's a legit name, my friend's brother used to date her. And I will say, she's a way better skier than many, many people on these forums. I'm not going to hate on someone for making most (or some) of their money modeling on the side. Lynsey Dyer does the same and she can rip.
    Quitiquat is super annoying with her environmental rants, while posting one day in Hawaii then the next day in NYC then the next day in Park City, and on and on. These POW athletes will never get through to anyone about climate change when this is their online behavior. Why should some moderate from Utah listen to her while she’s off on her trust fund vacay life?

Yeah, and that's understandable that you feel that way, I'm just saying making more money from modeling on the side (which pays very well) doesn't mean someone can't be a pro skier. That's it.

It's all about whoring yourself out to get people to buy shit they don't need. Plake, Shane, these Instagram athletes. All whores.

Fuck everyone. I'm the best skier on the mountain anyway. I'm going to start handing out 8x10's of myself skiing while on the hill.