Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    You took a picture of the hand of a 95 year old Nepalese farmer holding a cigarette on your roof?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A friend of mine fly's Feinstein's husbands jet, G-550, He tells me they burn 50 gallons of fuel just taxiing for takeoff

That's one of how many private jets everyday? no shit we have a problem, what we have here is rich fuckers thinking their too important to use other modes of transport

To be fair, Feinstein doesn't really claim to give all that much of a shit. Just ask the Sunrise Movement kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Jeremy Jones and I dunno.
    Dropping in to ID Mike Richter - ex-NY Rangers goalie. Maybe the warmingz making it hard to keep the ice fast Madison Sq. Garden?

Ok, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by vonzipper View Post
    A friend of mine fly's Feinstein's husbands jet, G-550, He tells me they burn 50 gallons of fuel just taxiing for takeoff

That's one of how many private jets everyday? no shit we have a problem, what we have here is rich fuckers thinking their too important to use other modes of transport
    You flown over the holidays or a 6-7 am flight lately?

Quote Originally Posted by vonzipper View Post
    I worked for a guy and would watch their dog frequently when they traveled
    On multiple occasions I had to pick up the dog at the airport FBO where it was flown back home as the only passenger on their plane
    I was glad to move on from that situation
    skid luxury

Did the plane ever have teenage sex slaves on it?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I could get up on my high horse and talk about the simple life I've lived and my very small carbon footprint but.......

We are all guilty and we are all fucked. I'm pretty sure the ski industry wouldn't function without capitalism and peoples drive to obtain wealth, the core of why humans keep hitting the gas as hard as they can towards societal collapse. At this point I'm fairly convinced it's our purpose to push the earth into it's next cycle and besides, we don't deserve to be here any longer anyways.

And those climate "protests" are bullshit too. We had a pretty good turn out one day here in Flagstaff, my daughter went with her school even but afterwards you could watch the majority of protesters get into their expensive cars and drive off. I don't think anyone is ready to make the sacrifices it would take to make an actual difference.

In the end, climate change is probably the best thing for the planet because what the Earth really needs is a massive die off to help clear it of it's human infestation.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Caroline just flew back from SLC to MN to follow her bike riding husband in a car for support. Thatís a climate activist for you.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I could get up on my high horse and talk about the simple life I've lived and my very small carbon footprint but.......

We are all guilty and we are all fucked. I'm pretty sure the ski industry wouldn't function without capitalism and peoples drive to obtain wealth, the core of why humans keep hitting the gas as hard as they can towards societal collapse. At this point I'm fairly convinced it's our purpose to push the earth into it's next cycle and besides, we don't deserve to be here any longer anyways.

And those climate "protests" are bullshit too. We had a pretty good turn out one day here in Flagstaff, my daughter went with her school even but afterwards you could watch the majority of protesters get into their expensive cars and drive off. I don't think anyone is ready to make the sacrifices it would take to make an actual difference.

In the end, climate change is probably the best thing for the planet because what the Earth really needs is a massive die off to help clear it of it's human infestation.
    Agree with most of this.
    Problem is how many other species we are taking down with us...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

They drove away in their cars... so what? That's such a short-sighted argument. Cars will all be electric soon so what matters is how we power them. And obviously even electric cars and their batteries have a negative impact, but it's still a move in the right direction compared to the last 150 years.

Liquid Air is a very interesting non battery grid storage process. Looks much better than batteries at this point. The best part is that it is all off the shelf technology that is allready used globally. Trained crews are already installing that kind of technology for LNG use. No learning curve, no waiting on "just around the corner" wishes, Just build the plant and start storing energy.

Look it up... it is very cool and available right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    They drove away in their cars... so what? That's such a short-sighted argument. Cars will all be electric soon so what matters is how we power them. And obviously even electric cars and their batteries have a negative impact, but it's still a move in the right direction compared to the last 150 years.
    You're right. My bad. Electric cars are going to fix everything.............
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I've never understood the hate towards her

You're right. My bad. Electric cars are going to fix everything.............
    Come on, not what I said at all. Don't engage in what-about-ism. You don't have to have zero carbon footprint to give a shit about the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Caroline just flew back from SLC to MN to follow her bike riding husband in a car for support. That’s a climate activist for you.
    AFTER jetsetting to DC to talk about climate change to congress, back to SLC, and off to MN.

As I've said, I have been a huge supporter of Carolines, but her hypocrisy is just insane lately.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    AFTER jetsetting to DC to talk about climate change to congress, back to SLC, and off to MN.

As I've said, I have been a huge supporter of Carolines, but her hypocrisy is just insane lately.
    She's even called herself on it....

The self righteousness smells in this thread of smug and straw.

Everyone needs to do something
    Most people need to do more
    Some people need to help others
    Nobody can do nothing

I think Angel Collinson put it best...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2x6-vmpY1S/

On†#climatestrike†day I flew on a plane across the country, and remained silent. I read as people posted and spoke their minds. I felt guilt and shame of hypocrisy and falling short. I felt obligation to make a climate related statement and couldnít even bring myself to do that. Didnít seem like I should talk the talk when I wasnít walking the walk...
    Then I went sailing to Hurricane Island in Maine and just sat with these feelings. It was ironic because I had an insanely magical weekend and the sailing outing brought me So. Much. Joy! Listening to an old sailor tell stories of circumnavigating the globe using the power of the wind, on the very boat we were on. .
    How do we balance joy and being a hypocrite? Where do we draw the line of self-enjoyment and complacency? How do we fuel our fires of passion in a sustainable way? Iím always pondering these questions. Iím not sure Iíll have an answer anytime soon... it seems to be an evolving dance.
    In the meantime, my biggest takeaway was that guilt and shame are NOT good fuel for positive action and motivation/inspiration. But joy and nature and fun with friends is. And here I am with the energy to post about my process and my struggles not from feeling bad but from feeling good. Do the means justify the ends? Who knows... but I know I love life. I love you! I love Mother Earth. I believe in the dance and I believe in solutions. I am more fueled for political action and using my voice and embracing my process and my flaws. Onward and upward .️ u!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Liquid Air is a very interesting non battery grid storage process. Looks much better than batteries at this point. The best part is that it is all off the shelf technology that is allready used globally. Trained crews are already installing that kind of technology for LNG use. No learning curve, no waiting on "just around the corner" wishes, Just build the plant and start storing energy.

Look it up... it is very cool and available right now.
    Interdasting....

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...n-the-uk-grid/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenic_energy_storage
    Last edited by Dantheman; 09-25-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

Damn. Angel for the fucking win.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    She's even called herself on it....

The self righteousness smells in this thread of smug and straw.

Everyone needs to do something
    Most people need to do more
    Some people need to help others
    Nobody can do nothing
    Basically her entire "online persona" and social media accounts are non stop "save the planet" stop polluting, etc......then images of helis for photo ops and trips all over the world in rapid succession. More of the same "do as I say, not as I do" bullshit.

Don't base your entire existence around something and get all pissy when people call you out on your hypocrisy. I hope she sees this and becomes more aware of her activities, or at least has beeter sense what to post and what not to post.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Bet she has change for a nickel, too...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Angel fucking rips. That's all.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Bet she has change for a nickel, too...
    A good girlscout should carry 5 pennies at all times
    Bunny Don't Surf