Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    scoring? really? jeez.specifically for their
    I'm not disagreeing with those principles as long as they're applied in a genderless, or even personless mien.

I think we agree that CG has been singled out as a function of her gender, despite the fact that she deserves the critique with the rest of the ecorati, especially Hollywood.

There's JJ, Townsend, MikeD, most of the Sally team, most of whom are guys. I'm sure they get shit too, but do they actually have a thread hip-ocrisy
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    They're not paying for it tho... POW took in $1,711,077 and spent $1,563,885 in 2018.
    Greenwash is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    scoring? really?
    No. I was just agreeing with...in particular, this:

If your private life conflicts with your intellectual opinion, it cancels your intellectual ideas, not your private life

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yes, but where' s the equivalent Jeremy Jones hate if those are the principles?
    it's much easier for a man to get a pass to talk about a line on "the brothel" than a woman

I can't respond to some alias's pm, so:
    I don't hold much against people posting here.

It's just that if the principle espoused concerning the hypocrisy of supporting the AGW theory while being a skier has any substance, I'll first hold myself up to that standard rather than point fingers at some obnoxious girl.

Live internally first, glass houses and all that.

Yeah, it's a matter of degree and sex, but what I can do starts with me.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh good lord. One can criticize CG’ choices versus her public stances without it necessarily having misogynist roots.

All these advertising models/action sports stars who are espousing climate action while jetting around the world and riding in helos are hypocritical at some level.

‘YOU, people other than myself, have to make sacrifices to stop global warming’

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I'm pretty tired of the skiers flying on planes so they're hypocritical argument... not to say I haven't cringed on occasion. But still, that shit is a drop in the bucket and misses the point. Here...

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 7.15.11 AM.png
Views: 657
Size:  259.4 KB

Humans are hypocrites, myself included. We all have the right to judge people and I judge people on how they judge other people. In the world of social media, I'm told, eyeballs equal success. Do want you want but I don't have the time for it, I'm too busy taking my single use plastics to the recycling center in my 15mpg super duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Oh good lord. One can criticize CG’ choices versus her public stances without it necessarily having misogynist roots.

All these advertising models/action sports stars who are espousing climate action while jetting around the world and riding in helos are hypocritical at some level.
    Yes, of course one can criticize anyone, male or female, without it having misogynistic roots. Except we don't have threads devoted to those other action sports stars and their hypocrisy. Why is that? You're fooling yourself if you don't think it has something to do with her gender.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Except we don't have threads devoted to those other action sports stars and their hypocrisy. Why is that?
    Misogyny is real, but there was a thread. It didn’t last long though...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kirby; 09-19-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm pretty tired of the skiers flying on planes so they're hypocritical argument... not to say I haven't cringed on occasion. But still, that shit is a drop in the bucket and misses the point. Here...

This.

Targeting people who are advocating for change just because they aren’t 1,000% carbon free is just playing into the hands of the polluters who want nothing done.

No matter how many skiers give up cars and planes, the ONLY way to stop it is through massively deploying governmental resources across the globe, which means politicians need to feel the pressure for their voters. Advocacy, social media, flying to events, and celebrity involvement are big components to that.

I’m not downplaying individual changes in lifestyle, but if the power grid and all new cars turned renewable, then the rest of it wouldn’t really matter.

Single use plastics and straws aren’t great, but there is no way a straw in Vail ends up in the ocean. Spending time fighting about that stuff distracts from the bigger battle.

Maybe once we save the fucking World we can turn on each other and decide who was core enough. Until then I’m going to focus my anger elsewhere.

Core’r than you, dude

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

She took a helicopter to do some wedding photos! Can we just agree how stupid that was.

Here's the thing...if you want to espouse environmentalism and carbon reduction and stopping global warming ad nauseum, then you CANT TAKE A HELICOPTER TO DO SOME WEDDING PHOTOS!
    Last edited by RonMexico; 09-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Yeah, but all that means is that the US collectively drives a lot more than it flies. It doesn't mean that for an individual's choices, flying has a smaller footprint than driving.

Like, at least rescue a pine marten or something.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Like, at least rescue a pine marten or something.
    now that takes dedication. those fuckers are mean. rescuing a pine martin is not just lazy insta-activism.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Core’r than you, dude
    Not a high bar

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

Here's the thing...if you want to espouse environmentalism and carbon reduction and stopping global warming ad nauseum, then you CANT TAKE A FUCKING HELICOPTER TO DO SOME WEDDING PHOTOS!
    I mean, if I could I take a helicopter ride to take photos I would. Maybe it’s bad for the image, but that put less carbon into the air than a day of heli skiing or a flight across country.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean, if I could I take a helicopter ride to take photos I would. Maybe it’s bad for the image, but that put less carbon into the air than a day of heli skiing or a flight across country.
    You guys are brutal... This isn't a one-for-one proposition. It's not like she had a day of heli skiing planned, but decided to use the helicopter for wedding photos instead.

I would love to take a helicopter ride and absolutely would given the opportunity. But if I made my living off of espousing environmental causes and how important it is to limit our carbon footprint, then you better believe I wouldn't be flying somewhere (whether in a helicopter or plane - near of far) to take my wedding photos. The city park / pond / lake down the street would certainly suffice.

It's the total lack of self awareness and accountability in these instances - and always being able to make excuses for your own actions when called out on your bullshit - that makes me frustrated.
    go upside down.

She took a fucking helicopter to do some wedding photos! Can we just agree how fucking stupid that was without getting into some deeper conversation around misogyny.

Here's the thing...if you want to espouse environmentalism and carbon reduction and stopping global warming ad nauseum, then you CANT TAKE A FUCKING HELICOPTER TO DO SOME WEDDING PHOTOS!
    Why is that not OK but heliskiing is OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

But if I made my living off of espousing environmental causes and how important it is to limit our carbon footprint, then you better believe I wouldn't be flying somewhere (whether in a helicopter or plane - near of far) to take my wedding photos.
    She’s a professional skier, not a pro climate activist.

She’s a professional skier, and a climate activist. She seems to be giving both her best. Nobody’s perfect.

I would love to take a helicopter ride and absolutely would given the opportunity. But if I made my living off of espousing environmental causes and how important it is to limit our carbon footprint, then you better believe I wouldn't be flying somewhere (whether in a helicopter or plane - near of far) to take my wedding photos. The city park / pond / lake down the street would certainly suffice.
    Huh? Sounds like more thoughtless hypocrisy. An environmentalist who expects to have the right to speak up about carbon pollution should live on a path, not a street. If they live on a street they forfeit their right to speak out no?

That street to the probably fake pond took an enormous amount of CO2 to produce and destroyed plants and the soil beneath them that sequester carbon and the non porous surface results in runoff into the lake which results in methane production.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0326081426.htm

Purity is tough when we all live glass houses instead of mud huts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    She’s a professional skier, and a climate activist. She seems to be giving both her best. Nobody’s perfect.
    And no one is asking her to be but ffs she could have a little self awareness.

She climbed Everest so take a hike in your wedding dress for the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    And no one is asking her to be but ffs she could have a little self awareness.

She climbed Everest so take a hike in your wedding dress for the pictures.
    Didn't JJ do 3 films involving self propulsion in response to criticism? Suddenly dude is legit and has license to speak out? Nope the guys throwing stones just lowered the bar some more and kept at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think the heli for wedding photos is a bad look. No question about that from me.

I also understand that this is a collective action problem and by far the most effective thing one can do on a individual level to fix it is to work on the politics. For example, POW AF spent a fair amount of money against some of the biggest climate deniers in Congress last cycle. Townsend was knocking on doors for Jessica Morse in our district.

In the long run, that kind of stuff is more effective than becoming an ascetic hermit and using rocks for tools.

There's a lot of stuff posted on this forum on this topic that reminds me of this...

Name:  GND.png
Views: 1047
Size:  987.9 KB

And this (the original)...

Name:  MG.png
Views: 971
Size:  695.3 KB

Maybe low key, but still definitely an element of it. Not saying POW is above critique, but some of the critiques have logical holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.