Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I think it’s their preachiness and hypocritical nature that is what annoys most of us. Saving the planet one jet at a time!
    Yep, that's the crux of it. Plus it gives dittoheads and the like huge cannon fodder to point out the hypocrisy. Not that Caroline is on their radar, but think Al Gore.

I don't understand how people don't get that??? Not that the pill popper Limbaugh isn't a case of hypocrisy himself, but the far right definitely eats this kind of shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I think it’s their preachiness and hypocritical nature that is what annoys most of us. Saving the planet one jet at a time!
    It is hard for us to stop typing about her even when we have said it all before. It just is. She has a voice. Suck it up buttercups.

I doubt I'd even follow her if it wasn't for all the hell she raises with the boys club.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

that's it, i'm fed up, i'm calling and leaving a voicemail.

The only way to fix climate change is through activism that motivates enough people to push lawmakers to do something. We are all hypocrites in our own way about our carbon foot print, but demonizing people who put their time and money into trying to make a difference just plays into the hands of people who want to fight any change to the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The only way to fix climate change is through activism that motivates enough people to push lawmakers to do something. We are all hypocrites in our own way about our carbon foot print, but demonizing people who put their time and money into trying to make a difference just plays into the hands of people who want to fight any change to the status quo.
    Any bonehead can see that heli assisted wedding engagement photo ops and plastering it on social media MAY not support that philosophy. How much thought on one's part does that take, really?

my momma would say, "it's not what you said, it's how you said it."

certain celebrities get more flak because their tone rubs people the wrong way. it would be easy to say folks are just being misogynistic or something but there's other successful people who don't get shit on because they give off a positive vibe that doesn't grate on people. [AC or KT, for example]

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    my momma would say, "it's not what you said, it's how you said it."

certain celebrities get more flak because their tone rubs people the wrong way. it would be easy to say folks are just being misogynistic or something but there's other successful people who don't get shit on because they give off a positive vibe that doesn't grate on people. [AC or KT, for example]
    That ‘how you say it’ point is valid, but (whatabout) it also comes up in the criticisms people have of CG. Some people’s comments come across basically misogynistic, or something.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Caroline’s response to this thread:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2haQrmn...=1uvhqk8g6k5n7

Plenty of hate for Prof. Katharine Hayhoe as well and she says everything about as diplomatically, clearly, and with a flare toward making the problem relatable to people from all sides of the aisle. They say they hate her because she drives to work or insert reason. I just read this thread and then logged into my twitter and this was the very first thing that popped up. More hate for female activists or in this case scientist and activist.

https://twitter.com/AppleheadEmma/st...77890797871105

We can find fault in everyone but where do you draw the line? Katharine isn't heli skiing but the hate is still there.

BTW for non haters here, follow her if you have not already. She is super smart and has a great message well delivered. And she keeps coming at you.

as long as her sponsors agree she is golden.
    off your knees Louie

I feel like Caroline, Jones and Caldwell should really focus their efforts into getting people to wear sunscreen, because they look haggard.
    Live Free or Die

I'm guessing you're not allowed to park a helicopter there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caroline-Gleich-Wasatch-Helicopter-Wedding-Hearnes-Elopement-Photography-33.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	294528
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

Name:	Caroline-Gleich-Wasatch-Helicopter-Wedding-Hearnes-Elopement-Photography-33.jpg 
    A proper environazi would nicely pack their fancy duds, schlep to the top, change into fancy duds, pose, change back, schlep down then post it on IG.

Hoppen a helo for that same wedding pic? Thats straight hippycritical. Somebody needs to email CGz granola spancer
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Katharine Hayhoe
    That’s an unfortunate name

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

Why not? Wilderness?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Statistically, the hypocrisy isn't in the travel so much, since driving back from AK would have generated more CO2 than flying, but in advocating for more consumption, for buying new stuff.
    So the disrespect is somewhat deserved, but for the wrong reasons.

As for Gleich per se, it sure seems like not so well veiled misogynism.
    sure there's plenty of misogyny.

there's also a huge conflict between actions following a traditional path, or at least a modern traditional path (Himalayan expeditions, heli-anything, grandiose wedding pomp, hugely energy intensive e-crap) and the notion to save our society we have to rethink all those modern traditions. What really rubs people wrong is people getting it while they can and trying to close the gate afterwards.

But that doesn't matter because skiers don't care - it's all the duty of someone else to sacrifice, not them. Big government needs to regulate your consumption not you. Here's a hint hypocrites: as long as you excuse hyperconsumption the political will will not be there to regulate it.

If it's not misogyny, why hasn't Jeremy Jones had a thread? He certainly has the rhetoric and the inconsistency.

There's so many more guys who are hypocrites in this regard than women, yet Gleich gets significantly more shit.

If we apply that measure to Gleich, we'd better apply it to ourselves first. We have relatively enormous carbon footprints.

That's why I think the hysteria (root word) about the hypocrisy is poorly conceived. Do what we can and tolerate the skiterrati.
    Reuse, recycle, eat less, plant trees, stop blaming.

https://daevidallen.bandcamp.com/track/save-the-rich

(they got the title wrong: it's called Blame the Rich, it's been my son's favorite song for years)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    A proper environazi would nicely pack their fancy duds, schlep to the top, change into fancy duds, pose, change back, schlep down then post it on IG.

Hoppen a helo for that same wedding pic? Thats straight hippycritical. Somebody needs to email CGz granola spancer
    They carried it up just for the photo

If it's not misogyny, why hasn't Jeremy Jones had a thread? He certainly has the rhetoric and the inconsistency.
    Because his brother's own this website. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Because his brother's own this website. Duh.
    Like that would stop the whinging? HAH!

If we apply that measure to Gleich, we'd better apply it to ourselves first. We have relatively enormous carbon footprints.
    the system of which she is a part makes $ driving our consumption patterns. the system says we are supposed to follow her lead, if we shouldn't follow their lead, why do we care at all other than as entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the system of which she is a part makes $ driving our consumption patterns. the system says we are supposed to follow her lead, if we shouldn't, why do we care at all?
    All I'm saying is that because she's a she, she become a target more readily due to misogyny.

I'm not trying to argue that the eco skiterrati are conveying a mixed message if not outright hypocrisy.

the system of which they are a part makes $ driving our consumption patterns. the system says we are supposed to follow their lead, if we shouldn't, why do we care at all

Yes, but where' s the equivalent Jeremy Jones hate if those are the principles?

There's something about the way I look at life that requires some acceptance of contradiction. Knowing that I'm contributing to AGW, doing dinky little things to compensate, but basically contributing while acknowledging. It's easier to blame than it is to acknowledge.

FWIW Jeremy has gotten shit in multiple threads, not just one. This was one for the ages, 5 years on:

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Back to CG: what fraction of the hate starts from this thread? It ain't zero.

The problem isn't limited to the eco skiterrati, of course, the whole message that we are running out of time is significantly undercut whenever the person saying it seems not to actually believe it enough to act like it. For that matter, it's also undercut when geoengineering is dismissed out of hand since, of course, humans won't take extinction without first trying that. So either we believe the models or we don't and it continues to seem like a lot of the people saying they believe really don't.

Tl/dr: +1 to Bromo