Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    For anyone thinking about pulling trigger, Releases just went on sale. The 4c (Carbon, Fox 34, SLX 1x11, dropper) is $2430. Stack AJ (3%) and whatever CC rewards and you're looking at $2300.

I've just done a few short mellow rides on my Release 5c so far but love it. I'm planning to set it up tubeless this week when the snow returns and I'm not riding for a few days so that I'm ready to go when the sun returns for the weekend.

My bike went down yesterday so I rode Maple Hollow downhill laps on the wife's new Clutch 2 today. Good mix of rough and chunky fast sections, tight and twisty, and large and small jumps. I really liked it. Agree with most reviews that say it feels like it has more travel than it does and is very poppy and playful. Used full travel regularly but wasn't blowing through it and bottoming out harshly. The poppiness is really amazing. I was following the kiddo and had less than optimal speed for a bunch of jumps but was still finding myself on the landing clean.

Level T brakes are the weak link in the build. Power was adequate but the tooled reach adjust is a PITA. Hans Dampfs aren't really my bag but whatever.

Bump. Everyone still liking their Release, or have any issues cropped up over time owning them?

Eyeing a 5c in my size for about $3300... Parts spec is solid, except I don't like SRAM brakes much, so might swap those immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bump. Everyone still liking their Release, or have any issues cropped up over time owning them?

Eyeing a 5c in my size for about $3300... Parts spec is solid, except I don't like SRAM brakes much, so might swap those immediately.
    DO IT.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Still thinking about it....
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I got a 5c this summer. I paid $3500 on expertcity in June or July.

Hated the brakes at first but after a bleed they are totally fine. No other issues at all.

Awesome bike. My favorite part is when friends spend $7000 on a Rocky Mountain and start comparing the spec...and see that they are fucking identical.

No issues with AC's Clutch, with the caveat that she doesn't descend like she's trying to break shit either. She loves how it climbs.

The Monarch on Mrs. Rootskier's Clutch got stuck down but DB paid to have it fixed at my preferred local shop. I never even dealt with DB, the shop did everything but said it was easy to get warranty authorization even though they are not a DB dealer. I thought that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I got a 5c this summer. I paid $3500 on expertcity in June or July.

Hated the brakes at first but after a bleed they are totally fine. No other issues at all.

Awesome bike. My favorite part is when friends spend $7000 on a Rocky Mountain and start comparing the spec...and see that they are fucking identical.
    They really crushed it with the 5c build, and didn't even do the normal head to toe SRAM build. Really nothing beyond wheels you'd ever have cause to upgrade on that bike. Rides like a skateboard!

If I were a dentist and my Following didn't already overlap completely with that bike I'd for sure have one.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I'm considering the 5c to replace an Ibis Mojo HDR 650b (the first one), which I like descending and cornering, but it's on the short side of reach for me.

so wait. all these brand new Releases (4c) I'm seeing ads for on FB for $93 aren't completely legit?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

In case anyone is interested, Amazon has a large 5c for $3262 in their warehouse deals section - my guess is that it's new, just damaged packaging. I don't know if the Prime 5% credit card rebate applies to warehouse deals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Get 'em quick. It looks like Accel may be pulling the plug on US operations in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Get 'em quick. It looks like Accel may be pulling the plug on US operations in the not too distant future.
    Googled, found this:

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/inte...a#.XBmNfmiIa2c

I'm not in the industry, but it seems like it'd kill Diamondback if the parent company doesn't even try to sell them in the US market. Do they have any name recognition overseas? The other brands (Raleigh, Koga, Lapierre) do.

release

No industry intel, but I rode a Release and it was surprisingly great. Definitely a nice bike. If you're in the Bay Area and need one, let me know as a friend has a shop that sells 'em. I'm sure he'd like to sell a few more.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying the 3 before they watered down the build and raised the price.

Im on a release 3c and have nothing but smiles.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Googled, found this:

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/inte...a#.XBmNfmiIa2c

I'm not in the industry, but it seems like it'd kill Diamondback if the parent company doesn't even try to sell them in the US market. Do they have any name recognition overseas? The other brands (Raleigh, Koga, Lapierre) do.
    Well they did manage to kill Seattle Bike Supply which was a 40m company before they got their hands on it.