Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Between wall and ceiling it all depends on what you have for space. In my situation, wall works better and it is also convenient when waxing skis, the toe holder also prevents the ski from falling.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Yeah, that'd be super handy for cycling skis while tuning and waxing, too.

If were up for it, you sent me the dimensions, I could draw up a template to share. Now you need to make is a PugSki wood burning to put in each piece.

I could see using these on extension arms that were fixed, on a hinge or an extension glide as a slick set up to save space.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yeah, that'd be super handy for cycling skis while tuning and waxing, too.

If were up for it, you sent me the dimensions, I could draw up a template to share. Now you need to make is a PugSki wood burning to put in each piece.

I could see using these on extension arms that were fixed, on a hinge or an extension glide as a slick set up to save space.
    Terry, I used 1x3 into 3" sections then rounded the end to mirror a toe and beveled it. Make sure you sink the screws deep enough not to affect the AFD.

I plan on making some extra to put on the end of the work bench for when I am waxing.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Terry, I used 1x3 into 3" sections then rounded the end to mirror a toe and beveled it. Make sure you sink the screws deep enough not to affect the AFD.
    Figured as much. Also stating the obvious, the depth of what you mount your 'cleats' to, needs to account for max height of bindings and ski tips for clearance from the wall.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I made this guy last month. Cheap and fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski rack.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	440.4 KB 
ID:	213094  
    Last edited by Neil Fiedler; 10-04-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Figured as much. Also stating the obvious, the depth of what you mount your 'cleats' to, needs to account for max height of bindings and ski tips for clearance from the wall.
    I did a 2x3, while it wont take a Look Pivot in the set position, it will take most everything else. The list of materials are in link in my first post in the thread. $20.00 in materials for an 8' section that holds 15 pair of skis and maybe 2 hours time? A great value.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    Can confirm that soft rockered/early rise powder skis are heavily effected by this sort of storage.

Last year I left one of my pair of line mr pollards opus skis in a makeshift tip hook setup similar to this, and one pair of opus on a shelf with my other skis. 9 months they hung like this.
    The tip stored ones early rise, especially on just one of the skis, has been permanently effected. The rise is now least 2cm less than normal, and the left ski's rise is 1cm less than the right ski.
    I've skied them in deep pow a few times, and their performance didn't really seem to be effected. But I was very disappointed to have damaged them this way.

i'd suggest pursuing one of the horizontal suggestions .
    i've seen TransplantedFromRMNP's horizontal method, but with wooden hooks, on a large scale with about 40-50 pairs of skis at a rental shop. it was very impressive, almost an art piece.
    Thanks for the input. Sorry this happened to you. Given your comments, I'll look for some other options.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I bought two six pair each lumber rack from grizzly. $75 delivered and I can store 12 pairs horizontal. 14 gauge steel. Easy peazy
    Looks like a great option. I'm thinking I'll go this route. Seems like I can get something similar on amazon for around $50.

Store mine and wife's skis in the garage standing up between the 2x6 studs with a piece of strapping across the two bays (one for her and one for me) at chest level with a center screw for the strapping which allows it to swivel vertical to allow retrieval of skis/poles. Cost? One screw and a 34" scrap piece of strapping that I found laying around. Works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    I made this guy last month. Cheap and fun. 2/3 of those ski's are gone now lol.
    5 pair of skis...2/3 are gone...fuzzy math.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I blame legal weed
    Duuude...:roflmao: YEAH.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Between wall and ceiling it all depends on what you have for space. In my situation, wall works better and it is also convenient when waxing skis, the toe holder also prevents the ski from falling.
    That's a cool set up. I have a wooden boot sole that I made a few years ago for tuning with the same concept. Put two holes in it for dowels to keep it in place on the bench at the time.
    Click the sole into the boot, drop it onto the dowels, tune, click out and repeat.

Grizzly 6 lumber rack. All US steel
    $45 shipped or $75 for two

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

FIFY
    5 pair of skis...2/3 are gone...fuzzy math.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Neil_Armstrong View Post
    I made this guy last month. Cheap and fun.
    Necro bumb, but what is the best(cheapest) way to drill those holes at the same angle?

Here is mine. Steel tube welded to some ¼ x 4inch steel web and then bolted to a Unistrut framework that is lag bolted to the ceiling. Holds 30 pairs of 130+ waist skis before I have to start making room on the ski pole rack for more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2427.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	769.9 KB 
ID:	350132

Name:	IMG_2428.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	796.1 KB 
ID:	350133

Name:	IMG_2429.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	350134

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Necro bumb, but what is the best(cheapest) way to drill those holes at the same angle?

Bridgeport mill is the best.... the cheapest is to drill the first hole in a scrap piece of 2x4 and then use it as a guide to do all of the rest of the holes. Fostner bits are you're friend for this.

Fuck you guys and your garages...

Name:	IMG_7968.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	350192

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If you got a garage you likely have lots of room and there are lots of ways to store skis, but here is a good ski rack for an apartment or condo with limited space/ no garage, it holds 4 pair of skis alpine or AT off the ground in a very small space with room for the boot dryer and a bunch of stuff on the shelf ... built for the price of the lumber

I still havent painted it
    a more elegant soulution for your closeted skis

i finally did paint it white
    Name:  ski closet.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  18.2 KB
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Have a couple of these:

Name:  IMG_9426.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_E9425.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  49.0 KB

Saw a picture of the design somewhere years ago (maybe tgr) and shamelessly stole it. Ms. Middles' pops milled the lumber.
    They are stand alone, small footprint. Drips contained in the tray at the bottom, no edge to edge storage, less worry about flattening rocker.
    Plus some skis look too good to be hidden in a closet or garage :-)

Base to base works also, twice the storage capacity.
    north bound horse.

I used a bunch of cheap hardware store garden tool holders mounted horizontally and vertically.
    With bindings I can get two pairs in one hook, without they go solo. And because the track has multiple spacing options, I can put them closer or farther depending on the width of the skis. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1571.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	350242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1570.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	350243

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Gladiator deep hooks hold two pair per hook.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That is so sick! Cant believe I didn’t think of that. Definitely going to get some of those big hooks.

Thanks bry!