Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    OG Spurs, not the new one. Have read many people saying they're dead easy

From Blister- http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-blizzard-spur

"But while this is a big ski that definitely looks big and straight and has some heft to it, it doesn’t ski all that heavy (credit the tapered tips) and it is still quite easy to pivot around bases flat—because the ski is flat underfoot and the rocker line on this ski is deep (see the rocker pics on page 3)."

Like I said though, have read a bunch of things saying the same as you too. Still would like a comparison to 4frnt Rens if anyone has been on both

I haven't been on Rens unfortunately but the OG Spur is my favourite ski. I was always happy skiing it in pretty much any conditions but it definitely excelled being skied fast in big terrain.

Bump...what tip/tail skin connection is working best for the Asym Spur. Are most regular connections with enough tail holding on without issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone on that thread been trying the new green 2021 spur ? Construction is apparently different from the OG. How does it compare to the asym concept one ? Funny Blizzard is not publishing much online on this matter. Nor does Blister etc..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Bump for info on the new green spur

Only handled it in the shop. Feels kinda light.

Based off the OG Spur/Bodacious Design (the tapered tip ones). No carbon in the tip and tail and a bit lighter. Sidewalls aren’t as thick either so they’re not as powerful on edge. They have a lighter construction as well... longest length is the widest under foot and the stiffest. Shorter you go the narrower and softer they get.

I think I only had half a day on them and it was over a year ago so I don’t remember much. Much more fun in wide open terrain than the asymmetric design. Not quite as soft either.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Based off the OG Spur/Bodacious Design (the tapered tip ones). No carbon in the tip and tail and a bit lighter. Sidewalls aren’t as thick either so they’re not as powerful on edge. They have a lighter construction as well... longest length is the widest under foot and the stiffest. Shorter you go the narrower and softer they get.

I think I only had half a day on them and it was over a year ago so I don’t remember much. Much more fun in wide open terrain than the asymmetric design. Not quite as soft either.
    Funny how there is so little intel about this ski on the web. Zero reviews, confusing product pages (pics of the asym one with description of this one or vice versa), etc... I know this year is special, at least in Europe where most of the resorts are closed because of covid but this is surprising. Maybe some marketing issues or product is just not that good or targeted. Shame really, OG seems to have a cult like status and those skis look great !

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post

Thank you anyway for your feedback. I usually ski the R11 in 192 for resort powder or in 188 as 50/50 backcountry & travel. They are actually quite different and by far the best skis I ever had. Following a knee op and successful rehab I treated myself with those green Spurs in 189 - they were just too cool and I was curious abt the whole spur thing. I have yet to try them because lifts are closed here so I have been mainly touring but I can’t wait ! I am planning to go to La Grave with them as soon as it will be open and I will report back for sure.

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/r...forward-ep-144

Quite shocking review of the new spur in Blister last podcast (to say the least) !