Thread: RC2 vs FIT4?

RC2 vs FIT4?

Purchasing a new fork to go with new frame and need to make a decision fairly quickly. Vital seemed to really like the latest FIT4 but I also found an old thread where Kidwoo hated on it but I don't think you were using the latest version that Vital tested?

Any other input for people who have tried both? I generally don't tinker that much. I actually generally am pretty oblivious to how my suspension is setup for the most part, I tend to just go and ride. Definitely in the set-it-and-forget-it camp. Leaning towards the FIT4 as I talked to another local fast guy who got on it and really liked it but I probably have a few days to have my mind changed if that's a mistake.

I'd argue the RC2 is more tuneable for sure. But, if the FIT4 you're looking at is the newest version with widely adjustable range of LSC in open you can likely dial in a decent ride and THEN forget it. If you don't get the FIT4 Fox, what are your other options?

I'm semi-picky about suspension (although not as picky as Woo) and I got along with the Fit4 just fine. If I were going to buy one, I'd still probably go RC2 because then I can set it however I want, but if you don't care about tinkering, the Fit4 is certainly not a bad damper.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    If you don't get the FIT4 Fox, what are your other options?
    The options are RC2 or FIT4. I'm not a SRAM fan so Lyrik isn't even really a consideration (although I do currently have one that came on a used bike I bought and it feels OK).

Cost difference should be a wash. Yea just get the RC2, take the time to dial it in and THEN forget THAT!

You should get the MRP Ribbon coil and report back.

Get the FIT4.
    My wife has had three Float 36 forks (that's right, not a typo). The first two came with the RC2 dampers. She's on the other end of the spectrum from you; more of a Princess and the Pea suspension rider. I bought a ShockWiz because I am a set it and forget it rider myself, and wasn't really able to deal with her constant tinkering and nagging. Could never get either RC2 sensitive enough, or supportive enough in mid travel. At her weight, neither would give her full travel either, even when running ridiculously low pressures.
    Switched them out to FTI4 and she swears they're night and day better.
    I inherited one when it was scratched up and she got an insurance replacement. I think it's great. Notably better than the Pike it replaced.
    However many are in a shit ton.

that foo Beast at vital told me those fit4 dampers were awesome when I was looking at a cheap fork.

I had an RC2 damper in the mail after 3 rides.

Thresholds man. It's all about thresholds. The one on the fit4 sucks.

I mean they're awesome. And if you end up with an RC2, I've got a sweet 160mm Fit4 damper I'll sell you.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

You might want to consider a dvo diamond as well. Takes a ride or two to set it perfect, then it's set and forget. OTT is teh bidness. Durable and less expensive than fox . I prefer it over my lyric, for what that's worth . Good customer support. I'm now looking at a rear shock from them and it's $200+ less than fox. I haven't been on a fox fork in a couple years though. Maybe others can compare

I don't think that's an option since I'm going with SBG from Transition. Pretty sure that limits me to RS or Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I don't think that's an option since I'm going with SBG from Transition. Pretty sure that limits me to RS or Fox.
    Ya it might. Thought they said they had something. Pretty sure mrp do though. They seem to have a good following as well

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Which some bullshit gimmick you gettin?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I went big. Sentinel.

Name:  kk-251-cat.png
Views: 1818
Size:  41.2 KB

you know, for all the super rowdy trails we have around here

You live in the pnw. Don't front.

Good point. I went with the RC2

RC2 for life.

I've got a barely used RC2 damper I'll gladly sell one of you guys if you want it.
    However many are in a shit ton.