Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

How Did You Prove Your Manliness Today?

Nope, just a buddy with a fair amount of land, a bunch of chainsaws, cutting permits, time and..... either intelligence or lack of it.

Oh, and lots of beer.
    Last edited by iceclimb; 10-15-2017 at 09:26 PM.

That is awesome.

I went mountain biking with my wife and waited for her at the tops of all the climbs. Even circled back a couple times. That's 100% as manly as I get. Otherwise just crying at commercials with puppies and drooling on myself while I stare at the innerwebz while drinking a Sodastream lightly sweetened beverage.
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I burned a pile of slash today without setting my cocktail down.
    I bought a few acres recently. There was about 20 years of overgrowth which I have barely touched. I have a huge pile of brush which I'd like to burn, but my property is right under the final approach for the local airport. I have reserved a tow behind chipper for next weekend. Odds are I will be working a bit harder than you were as I untangle the mess and feed it through the chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I bought a few acres recently. There was about 20 years of overgrowth which I have barely touched. I have a huge pile of brush which I'd like to burn, but my property is right under the final approach for the local airport. I have reserved a tow behind chipper for next weekend. Odds are I will be working a bit harder than you were as I untangle the mess and feed it through the chipper
    Yeah, you're gonna have to set your drink down.
    山、川、森林、砂漠、海、空

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That one’s a company saw. We’re cutting high-elevation spruce there - no pitch to speak of, pretty dry really. I hadn’t thought about that much until you mentioned it.
    I tried goo gone which didnt seem to do much of anything

but the WD40 is really loosening up the pitch, also I'm betting the pitch isnt gona stick very well to the residual WD40
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6953.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	213983had a few minutes so I thought I'd drop this old dead cottonwood. There was no core for the hinge wood and it got kind of dicey.

That time of year again.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 125
Size:  18.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6953.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	213983had a few minutes so I thought I'd drop this old dead cottonwood. There was no core for the hinge wood and it got kind of dicey.
    Scary. Cottonwoods are great trees until they aren't.
    山、川、森林、砂漠、海、空

yeah I had a big one like that ^^^ with the rotten core on saturday, not really dicey but I cut the notch, went with a plunge cut, leisurely banged a wedge in on each side of the plunge and was fixing to nibble at the last of it when the rest of the wood just let go on its own but it did fall right where i wanted it

I just moved to a new house and couldn't find my wedges. I made a really deep face cut on the lean side of the tree and hoped gravity would take it. It was tangled up high and didn't want to fall after the back cut. I kept nibbling away and finally it went. Part of my problem was that I didn't clear it well on one side

I watched some youtubes of falling with a plunge cut and it would seem I did everything right leaving the right amounts of wood but with that rotten core I didn't even get around to the back cut and it just went on its own but I was clear

I do like that plunge cut

Got a coat to match my seat covers
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I tried goo gone which didnt seem to do much of anything

but the WD40 is really loosening up the pitch, also I'm betting the pitch isnt gona stick very well to the residual WD40
    Gasoline/kerosine takes off pine tar.