Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7378.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	785.3 KB 
ID:	275733

A new addition to the touring quiver: 175 Lithic Joplin 99. Built with the touring core option and fiddleback maple tops. I mounted them last night and toured ‘em today, I’m pretty pumped to get some more days on! I’ve walked the whole season on 108 and up waist, so nice to be on something a bit narrower....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

^ you get after it! been enjoying your ig. how much those joplins weigh in at?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post

A new addition to the touring quiver: 175 Lithic Joplin 99. Built with the touring core option and fiddleback maple tops. I mounted them last night and toured ‘em today, I’m pretty pumped to get some more days on! I’ve walked the whole season on 108 and up waist, so nice to be on something a bit narrower....

Jeeeezzzzuuuus those look sick A F!! Can’t wait to try out a pair of Cohens! Was totally set on some Arlos but after all my over thinking I do believe the Cohens have my gut... still trying to justify and find the funds, but I have a strong feeling these dogs are worth the coin. What does the veneer top add to the ski price???
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post

175 and 99 sounds perfect for spring for me too
    Name:  FB_IMG_1552931349015.jpeg
Views: 1633
Size:  80.5 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Those guys do such good work... i sourced the veneer , so paul tagged on a bit extra for the setup etc, but worth it for me!
    They are just under seven pounds for the pair, so light but definitely not silly light. Perfect for my world!

Gravity always wins...

Sweet and simple. I totally gotta boner for the reverse camber BMT's since they are great in most places and pretty much don't suck anywhere. So, this is my quiver; both 186's, both with inserts for Ion's. Tragically, I kinda had to let the 122's go but there may be another pair in my future.

Name:	P3261759.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	275968

the zed color coordinating on those 109s is sick haha. are those the full reverse 94? I wish they still made that

@Lord Thomas, hey buddy
    176 though.

Ha, 94/109 here

Yep, me three.

176cm 94 and 186cm 109. Very good skis.

Alas - I used to be able to hang with the cool kids - but no more.

I used to have 176 94s and 109s, but sold them to liquidate some funds. Kinda regret selling the former, if not the latter (as the latter are still in production and can be re-acquired easily).

Name:	quiver.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	276071

Shit, never fully realized what a scholarly and genteel crowd this was. We should start our own little BMT club. Somebody think of a kickass name like...........?

176 94s and 186 108s here! Just picked up the latter; I’ve been loving the 94s for a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Shit, never fully realized what a scholarly and genteel crowd this was. We should start our own little BMT club. Somebody think of a kickass name like...........?
    the bowel movement tourists?

I skied an unexpected foot of fresh on my 186 bmt 94's this weekend and am seriously considering taking them on dawn patrol for pow instead of gpo's tomorrow. Why is this ski so good? Makes me want to hoard a backup pairs

Name:	Kore Top.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	276263

Quiver of one for me.

The Head Kore 105, 189cm. with Look HM 12 mounted on the line. These things blow me away. Could also have posted in the no tip dive touring ski thread since they don't seem to. Not a "marketed" touring ski but definitely one to consider if your looking for a new ski.

176 BMT 94s and 184 Katana V-Werks, both with Ion LT12s. Used to have Kingpins on the Katanas, but, well, ya know ;-p
    Kinda glad I got the LT12's on sale this year and didn't spring for the Zeds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ha, 94/109 here

G3 Findr 102 (189 cm) with Kingpins for long days.
    4FRNT Raven (190 cm) with CAST 3.0 for Resort sidecountry to moderate BC approaches.
    Praxis Protest (192 cm, 4 Flex, Veneer, Hybrid UL Core) with CAST 3.0 for Resort sidecountry and pow expeditions.

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 1328
Size:  93.9 KB

These things are killing my quiver. Works so good in every kind of snow that I always take out these.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    These things are killing my quiver. Works so good in every kind of snow that I always take out these.

What are they?

I think Corvus Freebird?

Yeah, Black Crows Corvus Freebirds with ATK Raider 14 2.0s no? That is a pretty hard charging setup gram for gram.

It would be very interesting to try them. They are not as stiff as the old Corvus model and has a fair bit of camber, but all the reviews I've seen have been very good. If nothing else they are pink, so that is good I guess

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yeah, Black Crows Corvus Freebirds with ATK Raider 14 2.0s no? That is a pretty hard charging setup gram for gram.

It would be very interesting to try them. They are not as stiff as the old Corvus model and has a fair bit of camber, but all the reviews I've seen have been very good. If nothing else they are pink, so that is good I guess
    Yeah, that's the setup. It's quite amazing ski, not very demanding but still able to rail on ice. Floats well since it's not too stiff and has nice tip rocker. Normal camber gives nice grip on steeps and pop on turns. Some how it doesn't feel to have too much sidecut. And also tried this setup one day on icy groomers, 75km/h on gps and still rails like a gs ski.

Perfect ski for oldschool guy who rides tips downhill and don't want to just slide down the mountain

Yeah, that's the setup. It's quite amazing ski, not very demanding but still able to rail on ice. Floats well since it's not too stiff and has nice tip rocker. Normal camber gives nice grip on steeps and pop on turns. Some how it doesn't feel to have too much sidecut. And also tried this setup one day on icy groomers, 75km/h on gps and still rails like a gs ski.

Perfect ski for oldschool guy who rides tips downhill and don't want to just slide down the mountain

So what is the overall reliability track record on those ATK bindings? Very cool looking minimalist design. Are they holding up well in a freeride application or is it more of a rando race binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    So what is the overall reliability track record on those ATK bindings? Very cool looking minimalist design. Are they holding up well in a freeride application or is it more of a rando race binding?
    I've had them now for two seasons, maybe around 130 days. So far no problems. Couple of resort days, mostly touring. Seems to be holding well. Unfortunately I ski a lot of all kind of windf*cked snow and ice in different forms. So in my eyes they have passed on reliability test.

I've had them now for two seasons, maybe around 130 days. So far no problems. Couple of resort days, mostly touring. Seems to be holding well. Unfortunately I ski a lot of all kind of windf*cked snow and ice in different forms. So in my eyes they have passed on reliability test.

Nice. 130 days skiing crappy f*cked snow passes the test IMO. Thanks