Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Show us yer Touring Quivers!

Quote Originally Posted by vermontana View Post
    Attachment 439145
    Current quiver, covers all my bases.

Moment commander 108 188 w cast. Sidecountry/travel

Moment deathwish tour 190 w atk FR14 - new this year and I’ve spent most my uphill days on it so far. DD touring

Blizzard zero g 95 185 w atk fr14- skimo/big day

Atomic blog 185 w kingpin - first touring sticks from 2012 or so, rock skis now but still fun to noodle around on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Curious where you mounted the Commanders
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Curious where you mounted the Commanders
    -8, +2 from factory rec at the advice of a moment employee. Feel great here, most of my skis have been more playful twins rather than directional and I wanted them to be a bit easier to get sideways and spin

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post
    stunning quiver. those blogs were great too back when i skied them years ago. What's the mount point on those?
    -3 I believe, got them mounted when I was doing a lot more park skiing. Wish they were at -5 or so but they work alright for messin around pre-season. too many holes in them already.

Show us yer Touring Quivers!

Thought they looked a bit forward for Commanders, I like that a lot! Pretty intrigued by that ski but that recommended mount has kept me away
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

how do the 0g95 fit into the grand scheme of that quiver?
    is there any "life" in them that makes em fun or do you just treat them like a specific tool for certain situations?

Quote Originally Posted by vermontana View Post
    Attachment 439145
    Current quiver, covers all my bases.

Moment commander 108 188 w cast. Sidecountry/travel

Moment deathwish tour 190 w atk FR14 - new this year and I’ve spent most my uphill days on it so far. DD touring

Blizzard zero g 95 185 w atk fr14- skimo/big day

Atomic blog 185 w kingpin - first touring sticks from 2012 or so, rock skis now but still fun to noodle around on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Woah tell me about the mount on those DW's that looks a little further back than rec?

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post
    how do the 0g95 fit into the grand scheme of that quiver?
    is there any "life" in them that makes em fun or do you just treat them like a specific tool for certain situations?
    More of the latter now, I got them when I lived in VT where that type of touring ski made a bit more sense than where I live now (CO). They're great for big vert days or when the skis spend more time on the pack than on your feet, but the DW are so much more enjoyable to ski in almost all conditions, even low-tide or variable days with their crazy edge hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Woah tell me about the mount on those DW's that looks a little further back than rec?
    Hmm they're at rec. Might be the camera angle and uneven floor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2690.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	442942
    Left to right-
    Lithic prototype, 90mm, 30m radius, 1300 grams. Binding toes currently on my nordic skates. For long range post consolidation/springtime stuff.
    Blizzard Zero G 105 180cm with Plum Oazo- brand new setup! Can’t wait. Fat mountaineering or mid winter traverses.
    Lithic Ramblin Jack 108x180, atk trofeo. All around pow touring.
    Lithic Townes 117, Salomon MTN. They’ve become the daily driver for almost all my touring.
    Lithic Cohen 118, Salomon MTN. Heavy as hell but fun, floaty and i can never let them go for many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by riff; 01-16-2023 at 10:51 PM.
    Gravity always wins...

Pretty darned happy with my touring lineup now.

I’m about 5’9” and 160. Skiing in BC.

178 Majesty Superwolf w/ Plum Pikas
    184 4Frnt Raven w/ Kingpins
    179 Moment Deathwish Tour w/ Voyager 12s

I used to ski 180++ for touring skis, but started finding the downsides were outweighed by the stability and speed benefits. I’m starting to really value versatility and maneuverability in my skis, and I think this quiver has me covered for most activities while still being very fun on the down.

A fat flamboyant addition to the touring quiv!

190cm c132
    189cm BG108t
    186cm BMT94

Woot

Name:	20230201_101333.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	445537

(Plus CASTed pivots on the beloved old 191 BGs and DD 192 MF108)

Nice, you are knot skeert to tour on snoller blades.

Good for u.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    A fat flamboyant addition to the touring quiv!

190cm c132
    189cm BG108t
    186cm BMT94
    When the smallest radius in your quiver is 26m you know you're in a good place

Name:	Image1675550910.612766.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	446101

Zero G 95 w Voyager 12
    springtime hike the resort

Backland 107 w FR 14
    go to touring in the wild

Ripstick 106 w Shift
    sidecountry, backyard hikes, one-ski quiver for Swiss trip next month

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post

Name:	Image1675550910.612766.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	446101

Zero G 95 w Voyager 12
    springtime hike the resort

Backland 107 w FR 14
    go to touring in the wild

Ripstick 106 w Shift
    sidecountry, backyard hikes, one-ski quiver for Swiss trip next month

Nice and versatile! Actually a bit surprised you’re running such a burly binding on a ZG95

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Nice and versatile! Actually a bit surprised you’re running such a burly binding on a ZG95
    Yes it’s a bit much, but it’s been on the shelf just staring at me

I want to add a lower tide/spring ski to the mix but I’m happy with this setup 90% of days. The visions are amazing.

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	446304

Down LD 102 (186cm) with G3 Zed 12s - long walks
    Moment Deathwish Tours (190cm) with G3 Ion 12s - just about everything else
    Heritage Labs C132 (200cm) with ATK FR14s - very special days

:::::@:::::

For winter 23/24, I've got some repeat, never say die entrants (the Protests), a couple of new-to-me pairs, and some hippie turns taboot. Can't wait to get on the skintrack again...

187 Praxis Protests - Alpinist 12s - 2065g/ski; 2454g/ski as mounted. My go-to. Cold dead hands; Every Day on the Protests is a Great Day; all the cliches. I love these things.

188 Blizzard Rustler 11 - Pivot 18 / CAST - 2050g/ski; 3050g/ski touring weight. I primarily use this for resort and rarely tour with them.

185 WNDR Intention 110 reverse camber - Voyager 12 - ~1990g/ski; 2389 g/ski as mounted. New to me in the spring of 2023. These didn't get much action as our winter switched quickly from Protest conditions to Yeti conditions. They are super fun in firm and spring conditions. I expect the same will hold true in midwinter. The reverse camber is long and low, and the ski has a long radius, flatter tail, and medium-stiff layup. So good.

182 Praxis Yeti - Voyager 16 - 1540g/ski; 1949 g/ski as mounted. These things kick ass. New to me in 2023 as well. In this slot, I tried Helio Carbon 95s (2017 vintage), Lowdown 102s, and Zero G 95s (albeit a too-short length for me), and I easily like these the best in spring conditions. Stiff and playful. Great ski - greatly exceeded my expectations. Main question about the unequivocal endorsement is that I haven't carried a multi-day pack with these yet. I'm curious whether that will be tough with the short effective edge and upturned tail.

188 Elan Ripstick 106s (I won these in a lottery!) - Outlaw X. Dunno the weights... Only skied once.

I drive these with Zero G Tour Pros. The ankle hinges are starting to oval though, so I'm wondering what else has a heel cup like a ZGTP. Or should I just get another/? I'm intrigued by the Salomon MTN Summit - that one seems to have an awesome mix of positive attributes for touring and still can hold up to 200 pounds of chunk. Heel cup similar?

Name:	IMG_0977-EDIT.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	476185
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I drive these with Zero G Tour Pros. The ankle hinges are starting to oval though, so I'm wondering what else has a heel cup like a ZGTP. Or should I just get another/? I'm intrigued by the Salomon MTN Summit - that one seems to have an awesome mix of positive attributes for touring and still can hold up to 200 pounds of chunk. Heel cup similar?
    Gone through two pairs of zgtp, and got the mtn summits last winter for longer tours. Feels like they've got a roomier heel than the zgtp. It's most noticeable when going deeper into the flex of the boot. I really have to crank the boa to get a decent heel lock, so maybe it's just not the right fit for me.

Skiing the zgtp with intuition pro tours and the mtn summits with the original zgtp liner (which is slightly better than the sock the mtn's came with) so not the best comparison. Difference in downhill performance is quite big in variable snow.

Went the other direction after second pair of zgtp rivets started to really give up. Radical Pro's seem to fit my goblin feet even better thus possibly (just a few short tours on them so far) skiing even better than the zgtp. Maybe the best heel hold I've found. Using the same intuitions on them. Radical Pro heel cup feels slightly tighter than on the zgtp. The ankle volume feels about the same, with the intuitions. Hope these are more durable than the zgtp's.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

How high is your arch? Skorpius V1 if you’ve got really flat feet like mine, v2 for a wee bit higher arch, and Boa. I’m sold on the V1, but I can’t get with the Boa, although that was only floor testing. Skorps can drive anything I’d ever want to tour on really, up to 184 Katana VW, but I’m not really charging in the bc, and only 165lb. Heel hold has been fine for me. I haven’t ever been in or on the ZGTP or MTN Summits, however. Just pitching in my experience, other users say really good things about them as well.