Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    This thread is rad - would love some feedback on my quiver, as I am a relatively new skier.

Name:  Ski quiver.jpg
Views: 2204
Size:  78.3 KB

From Left to Right:

Atomic Backland 78's 164cm mounted with ATK Raider 12 2.0's - this is my fitness/yurt/couloir ski
    DPS Wailer 99's (Pure3) 176cm mounted with Radical 2.0's - daily driver, trees, etc.
    Salomon QST 106, 181cm (soon to be) mounted with Solly S/Lab Shifts - Resort/sidecountry
    Line Pescado's, 180cm mounted with Fritschi Tectons - Pow boards

What am I missing here? I know - these skis are all too short for the TGR crowd, but it's where I'm at in my skiing ability.

Sorry I just have to ask: more girls on TGR?

Quiver looks nice. Seems like you really focus on backcountry with no alpine binders in the quiver (like me )

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post

Quiver looks nice. Seems like you really focus on backcountry with no alpine binders in the quiver (like me )
    This is the "show us your touring" quiver thread. No alpine binders allowed.

Point taken - I just somehow thought that the touring quiver would equal the entire quiver in this case.

Point taken - I just somehow thought that the touring quiver would equal the entire quiver in this case.
    Ha - yep, this is my entire quiver. No alpine binders - the Shift is as close as I come to that game.

Sorry - I'm a dude, I just weigh relatively little (a buck fifty), and I seem to find better deals on women's-specific skis (the shorties work pretty well for me).

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Finally found some 190s. Third mount so guess they're mine forever now.
    nice dude! gots some 190's! you're stoked.
    sorry I didn't sell you mine. ;-) but needed to keep it in the family.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5627.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	508.7 KB 
ID:	255322

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    nice dude! gots some 190's! you're stoked.
    sorry I didn't sell you mine. ;-) but needed to keep it in the family.

Name:	IMG_5627.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	508.7 KB 
ID:	255322
    Dude! I am so stoked! I gave up for a couple months then lucked out. How it goes you know? I owe mtnlion in reality: he sent me the link. Now I can stop badgering you lol. Nice choice of colorways - twinsssssss!!!

I detuned the heck out of the tips and tails per Hoji with a file

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New!

Atomic Backlands 107 in 189 (brave!) with Vipecs

Atomic Hawx for Shar

Shifts for Shar. Kingpins to be sold

Shifts for me but not till Jan. Beasts to be given to deserving young jedi

Epilog Skis with Dynafit ST Rotation 12s for gear - review.

Tecnica ZeroG Guide Pro for the review which I really should finish writing

Finally had this years addition to the touring quiver mounted....

Name:	tour2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	735.1 KB 
ID:	256794

All 186s, ATKs with plate under toes for 5mm less ramp

BMT94 with Ion. Probably 50-ish days on them, and still holding up very well. Primarily spring skiing, but also longer tours mid winter. Floats well.
    Praxis GPO -10mm. Skied 15-ish days on them last years, 50/50 inbound/BC. Didn't really love them, but will try them for 100% BC. Sold Kingpins, mounted ATKs
    SGN Togga. New this year. Below treeline pow touring. Profile below

Name:	togga profile2.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	695.2 KB 
ID:	256795
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tour.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	724.6 KB 
ID:	256793  

^ nice quiver. where do you do most of your touring?

Southern Norway, so specifics are probably not that interesting.

But the BMT is a great ski for the Hurrungane range :-)

Name:	Dyrhaugsryggen.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	256796

Name:  Skagastølsryggen.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  111.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

Plus new dishwasher

Show us yer Touring Quivers!

Name:	IMG_5812.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	854.7 KB 
ID:	256797

176 BMT 94 with a low ramp, 12RV, no brake Speed/FT Franken binding for spring and tours when I need to keep up with someone on the climbs. Share with the gf too when I want her to keep up with me a bit more!

186 BMT 109 with Alpinist 12’s. New this season, looking forward to getting on them soon. Only weigh ~50g more than the above set up so will be using them most of the time I think.

184 Katana’s. Daily resort/sidecountry ski waiting for Shifts. Gonna ski these a lot at work patrolling so we will see how the bindings hold up. Toured on this ski last year with kingpins and love it, so adding Shifts so I can use it more in the resort.

Boots are Lupo 130’s for the alpine skis and Katana’s and Vulcans sans tongue for the two BMT’s.

Last edited by rob stokes; 11-23-2018 at 02:03 PM.

nice!

Of the many skis I sold last year in my massive quiver refocusing/indecision/paying for other stuff effort, my late BMT94s and Togga Lights are probably the ones I regret selling the most . I sold them prior to having even skied them - what idiocy eh. Oh well. What does the Toggas with ATK weigh in at? I seem to remember these weighing a tiny bit more than the super light carbons

Super nice quivers SF and rob!

Jaguar Sharks w Guardians
    K2 Coomback w Ions
    Salomon QST w Atomic Shifts

Name:	IMG_3086.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	257978

Going to go back to good old days, at least some days Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181201_234024.jpeg 
Views:	241 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	258072

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using TGR Forums mobile app

My touring quiver of one. 181 CD104L with Plum+Speed Rad frankenbinders.

Name:	cd104l.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	611.1 KB 
ID:	258183

^ very nice

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Southern Norway, so specifics are probably not that interesting.

But the BMT is a great ski for the Hurrungane range :-)

Name:	Dyrhaugsryggen.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	256796

Name:  Skagastølsryggen.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  111.6 KB
    These photos make me happy. Thanks for sharing.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Excellent thread.

Name:  IMG_E6754.jpg
Views: 1516
Size:  59.8 KB

Super Goat in 193
    Pillow Fight in 196

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Super Goat in 193
    SGs with Radicals/Rotations? Oh my - that is some dedication.

Name:	touring.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	275079
    My usual set up - low tide, daily driver, pow slayer.
    Praxis EXPs 173 stock w/ ATK Raider 12 2.0s
    4FRNT Raven 184s w/ Fritschi Tectons
    Völkl BMT122 176s w/ Fritschi Tectons

My original plan was to go with a two pair quiver with Mantra V-Werks handling low tide duties, but reconsidered and landed on Ravens being better for the coastal wet snow snowpack these mainly will see.

I tried the EXPs yesterday in a resort, and they were a bit odd. A tiny bit of a learning curve on groomers, but floated surprisingly well in fresh for sporting 88mm underfoot. I even managed to have the worst slam of the last few seasons on them when one ski decided it wanted to go elsewhere than the rest of me and my other ski wanted to - but oh well. Time will tell if they will remain in the quiver or if the Mantras will be re-introduced. To be fair though - yesterday's limited use are the first time I've ever used a traditional rear releasing tech binding - so that might have played into it a bit. Also, I tried them after spending the rest of the day on R11s/Shifts + w114s/Shifts - so the comparison is a bit skewed.

Tested the Ravens today. If you give them speed they will slay dense coastal snow all day long. Walked away impressed. BMT122s are awesome. Pity that Völkl are discontinuing them - more people need to try them on. Easy to ski and easy to charge on. Buy a pair if you can

Also, a lot of my resort sticks sport Shifts for slackcountry use close to resorts, but they are not included in the touring part of my quiver definition. Due to some geographic difficulties I allow myself to have no less than three three ski quiers - huzzah!
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 03-20-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added Raven/BMT info

Name:	mall-walker-touring-quiver.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	641.9 KB 
ID:	275142

Left to right:
    177cm Down Lowdown 90 w/Plum 150s: steep/couloir skiing, bad snow conditions, good snow conditions, really anything.
    177cm Movement Response-X w/Trab Gara Titans: mostly just powder and soft snow, but they're real fun in corn or chalk too.
    171cm Ski Trab Sintesi w/Dynafit Speed Rad toes / Plum 150 heels: casual racing, big huge days, icy conditions, anytime I'm tired.

I have some rock skis as well, but got 85 days in the bc spread pretty evenly across these 3 pairs, with the slight nod to the LD90s. I keep thinking I need something fatter, and maybe that'll happen, but I'm pretty happy with where things are...

partial...

Name:	skime.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	275464

ps ....those bushwackers are for sale flat (1 mount) .....offer?? $175??+ shipping?? price police??
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    BMT122s are awesome. Pity that Völkl are discontinuing them - more people need to try them on. Easy to ski and easy to charge on. Buy a pair if you can
    Found multiple lengths of used bmt 122's selling for a coupla hundred bucks last year...used skis from a heli op. Didn't pull the trigger cause the tips on all of em had scarring from the inside edge of opposite ski chipping away at topsheet...I was concerned about this being a characteristic of that classic 'light but stiff', or railed base ski issue of hooking/deflecting in hard breakable crust or upside down slabby snow... I checked the bases and they were flat, so couldn't blame a railed base and the tips/tails were detuned sufficiently.

U got any obs about how the skis feel for you in those conditions? Are you feeling any hook/deflection from outside ski tip towards inside ski in turns? Really wanted to buy them cause they're damn light...i'm sure they're still available.

And how about length...do they ski long, short, or true to length?
    Master of mediocrity.

to be perfectly honest - my experience with full (even if subtly ones) rockers skis is limited. Ever since I figured out to drive the pair from the outside ski primarily my time on them have been fantastic.

I have only skied them in fairly good snow (one full day in super wet, dense snow while raining being the most difficult condtions I have used them in - they performed fine), but based on my experiences from that I am more than happy to take Blister at their word. BMT122s are in a kinda weird not terribly light, but still light level that might make people overlook them.

The same shape in a more durable packaging would be an instant hit imo as far as predictable powder directional playsticks are concerned.

But if you can get good condition 122s for a couple of hundred bucks, that is a no brainer imo. They will not respond well to sharks, but for slarving and having fun in the deep they do very, very well for their weight imho. They would not be my go to ski for variable, I have ON3Ps for that Still, they retain a "no sell" status in my quiver - where I have two pairs due to their dicontinued status.