Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 284
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    606
    to be perfectly honest - my experience with full (even if subtly ones) rockers skis is limited. Ever since I figured out to drive the pair from the outside ski primarily my time on them have been fantastic.

    I have only skied them in fairly good snow (one full day in super wet, dense snow while raining being the most difficult condtions I have used them in - they performed fine), but based on my experiences from that I am more than happy to take Blister at their word. BMT122s are in a kinda weird not terribly light, but still light level that might make people overlook them.

    The same shape in a more durable packaging would be an instant hit imo as far as predictable powder directional playsticks are concerned.

    But if you can get good condition 122s for a couple of hundred bucks, that is a no brainer imo. They will not respond well to sharks, but for slarving and having fun in the deep they do very, very well for their weight imho. They would not be my go to ski for variable, I have ON3Ps for that Still, they retain a "no sell" status in my quiver - where I have two pairs due to their dicontinued status.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No longer somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    931
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7378.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	785.3 KB 
ID:	275733

    A new addition to the touring quiver: 175 Lithic Joplin 99. Built with the touring core option and fiddleback maple tops. I mounted them last night and toured ‘em today, I’m pretty pumped to get some more days on! I’ve walked the whole season on 108 and up waist, so nice to be on something a bit narrower....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,420
    ^ you get after it! been enjoying your ig. how much those joplins weigh in at?

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7378.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	785.3 KB 
ID:	275733

    A new addition to the touring quiver: 175 Lithic Joplin 99. Built with the touring core option and fiddleback maple tops. I mounted them last night and toured ‘em today, I’m pretty pumped to get some more days on! I’ve walked the whole season on 108 and up waist, so nice to be on something a bit narrower....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Jeeeezzzzuuuus those look sick A F!! Can’t wait to try out a pair of Cohens! Was totally set on some Arlos but after all my over thinking I do believe the Cohens have my gut... still trying to justify and find the funds, but I have a strong feeling these dogs are worth the coin. What does the veneer top add to the ski price???
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,128
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7378.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	785.3 KB 
ID:	275733

    A new addition to the touring quiver: 175 Lithic Joplin 99. Built with the touring core option and fiddleback maple tops. I mounted them last night and toured ‘em today, I’m pretty pumped to get some more days on! I’ve walked the whole season on 108 and up waist, so nice to be on something a bit narrower....


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    175 and 99 sounds perfect for spring for me too
    Name:  FB_IMG_1552931349015.jpeg
Views: 899
Size:  80.5 KB

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No longer somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    931
    Those guys do such good work... i sourced the veneer , so paul tagged on a bit extra for the setup etc, but worth it for me!
    They are just under seven pounds for the pair, so light but definitely not silly light. Perfect for my world!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Winthrop, WA. Methow valley
    Posts
    742
    Sweet and simple. I totally gotta boner for the reverse camber BMT's since they are great in most places and pretty much don't suck anywhere. So, this is my quiver; both 186's, both with inserts for Ion's. Tragically, I kinda had to let the 122's go but there may be another pair in my future.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3261759.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	275968

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,420
    the zed color coordinating on those 109s is sick haha. are those the full reverse 94? I wish they still made that

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    FR&CH
    Posts
    115
    @Lord Thomas, hey buddy
    176 though.


  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,559
    Ha, 94/109 here
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,325
    Yep, me three.

    176cm 94 and 186cm 109. Very good skis.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    606
    Alas - I used to be able to hang with the cool kids - but no more.

    I used to have 176 94s and 109s, but sold them to liquidate some funds. Kinda regret selling the former, if not the latter (as the latter are still in production and can be re-acquired easily).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quiver.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	276071

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Winthrop, WA. Methow valley
    Posts
    742
    Shit, never fully realized what a scholarly and genteel crowd this was. We should start our own little BMT club. Somebody think of a kickass name like...........?

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    529
    176 94s and 186 108s here! Just picked up the latter; I’ve been loving the 94s for a few seasons.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    tahoe de chingao
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Shit, never fully realized what a scholarly and genteel crowd this was. We should start our own little BMT club. Somebody think of a kickass name like...........?
    the bowel movement tourists?

    I skied an unexpected foot of fresh on my 186 bmt 94's this weekend and am seriously considering taking them on dawn patrol for pow instead of gpo's tomorrow. Why is this ski so good? Makes me want to hoard a backup pairs

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    182
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kore Top.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	276263

    Quiver of one for me.

    The Head Kore 105, 189cm. with Look HM 12 mounted on the line. These things blow me away. Could also have posted in the no tip dive touring ski thread since they don't seem to. Not a "marketed" touring ski but definitely one to consider if your looking for a new ski.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    92
    176 BMT 94s and 184 Katana V-Werks, both with Ion LT12s. Used to have Kingpins on the Katanas, but, well, ya know ;-p
    Kinda glad I got the LT12's on sale this year and didn't spring for the Zeds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ha, 94/109 here

  18. #268
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    279
    G3 Findr 102 (189 cm) with Kingpins for long days.
    4FRNT Raven (190 cm) with CAST 3.0 for Resort sidecountry to moderate BC approaches.
    Praxis Protest (192 cm, 4 Flex, Veneer, Hybrid UL Core) with CAST 3.0 for Resort sidecountry and pow expeditions.

    Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 548
Size:  93.9 KB

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kilpisjärvi, Finland
    Posts
    805
    These things are killing my quiver. Works so good in every kind of snow that I always take out these.

    Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    These things are killing my quiver. Works so good in every kind of snow that I always take out these.

    Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    What are they?

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,341
    I think Corvus Freebird?

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    606
    Yeah, Black Crows Corvus Freebirds with ATK Raider 14 2.0s no? That is a pretty hard charging setup gram for gram.

    It would be very interesting to try them. They are not as stiff as the old Corvus model and has a fair bit of camber, but all the reviews I've seen have been very good. If nothing else they are pink, so that is good I guess

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kilpisjärvi, Finland
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yeah, Black Crows Corvus Freebirds with ATK Raider 14 2.0s no? That is a pretty hard charging setup gram for gram.

    It would be very interesting to try them. They are not as stiff as the old Corvus model and has a fair bit of camber, but all the reviews I've seen have been very good. If nothing else they are pink, so that is good I guess
    Yeah, that's the setup. It's quite amazing ski, not very demanding but still able to rail on ice. Floats well since it's not too stiff and has nice tip rocker. Normal camber gives nice grip on steeps and pop on turns. Some how it doesn't feel to have too much sidecut. And also tried this setup one day on icy groomers, 75km/h on gps and still rails like a gs ski.

    Perfect ski for oldschool guy who rides tips downhill and don't want to just slide down the mountain

    Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Yeah, that's the setup. It's quite amazing ski, not very demanding but still able to rail on ice. Floats well since it's not too stiff and has nice tip rocker. Normal camber gives nice grip on steeps and pop on turns. Some how it doesn't feel to have too much sidecut. And also tried this setup one day on icy groomers, 75km/h on gps and still rails like a gs ski.

    Perfect ski for oldschool guy who rides tips downhill and don't want to just slide down the mountain

    Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    So what is the overall reliability track record on those ATK bindings? Very cool looking minimalist design. Are they holding up well in a freeride application or is it more of a rando race binding?

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kilpisjärvi, Finland
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    So what is the overall reliability track record on those ATK bindings? Very cool looking minimalist design. Are they holding up well in a freeride application or is it more of a rando race binding?
    I've had them now for two seasons, maybe around 130 days. So far no problems. Couple of resort days, mostly touring. Seems to be holding well. Unfortunately I ski a lot of all kind of windf*cked snow and ice in different forms. So in my eyes they have passed on reliability test.

    Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •