Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    This is at least a safety, maybe a field goal
    It's up, it's good!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    I picked up a nano air during the 50% off sale and am really interested in using it as a mid layer this year, mostly for lift served though. Maybe with R1 underneath on super cold days? Anyone use this approach?Fly-low shell as outer.
    I think the Nano Air is going to be too warm to wear under a shell for lift-served on all but the nastiest days. I have a Nano Air and a Fly-Low shell, and I almost never use the Air when skiing (instead, I wear a nano-puff vest under the shell, but I ski Tahoe where it's pretty warm most of the time).

I run a base layer, nano air hoodie, and gore tex shell combo for just about all of my backcountry missions and most of my lift-served days. As mentioned above, nano air without a shell is good for high-output in the cold. Without the shell, it can get chilly on the lifts, but with a shell it warms up in a hurry. So I endorse the system. I'm in Summit County though, so probably chillier than Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    backcountry missions
    Knock it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

backcountry meadow skipping? out of bounds two plank time?

I like the nano-air as a mid-layer with a soft or hard shell for wind and tree protection. The outer fabric on the nano-air, or most of the mid-layer puffies are too thin to hold up to much abuse. I tend to get cold on the lifts, and don't sweat too much on downhill even if I get warm, so this system works well for me. On really cold days I swap the nano-air for a down sweater. The nano-air without a shell is great for the up track, warm but breathable. Works great on those inversion days in the Tetons were its -10 in the parking lot and 20+ a few hundred feet higher.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    My email to Todd

Attachment 212780
    Brilliant, would you like his cell phone number as well? Que the popcorn. One would think starting threads like this is actually not benefiting the community. Instead posting links to reviews of gear is actually helping. I have posted links to my site from Day 1... If you don't like simply move on. I won't post on your thread anymore.

Edit: I didn't see the part that I was claiming to be apart of TGR part? I was actually fired from TGR but thanks for playing, and Todd is on here....

he is still spamming and its even not good content so don't click on it so he doesn't get paid

the point of starting a thread with the same name was to fuck media310's shit up

SO if you really want to know something about the product he has spammed you on

click on the thread that does NOT have his name on it and discuss the subject with people who don't suck
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Edit: I didn't see the part that I was claiming to be apart of TGR part? I was actually fired from TGR but.....
    media310 is a fucking clown. What a loser.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I've used the new Micro Puff hoody for a few rain drenched days on Baker.

Takeaways: Warmth feels comparable to other lightweight puffys(e.g. atom lt, nano-air, etc). But it does weigh a few ounces less. I'm not a fan of the fabric compared to those other jackets. It did dry pretty quickly in the 100% humidity.

As a number of you have said, the big downside to synthetics is their long term durability. We'll have to wait and see on that.

So all in all a decent puffy that happens to be pretty damn light. Probably not worth $300 to most people.

I bought a Patagucchi Miro Puff Jacket from axebiker in Gear Swap. I use it all the time. Summer concerts down in the Meadow: show up at 6 in the evening wearing shorts and flip flops, by 8pm pull out the Micro Puff.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

FWIW, I have the Nano Air Light Hybrid and it rocks. It is a pretty 80s retro look, but the active insulation is the best thing to come out of the outdoor industry in some time. Great for lounging, touring, lifts, etc. I know it isn't the same piece initially discussed here, but thought I would toss out some positive reviews of a similar product. I am with the bedrockparadox reviewer......fleece is dead.