Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Denver recommendations

I searched...

My wife Krystal Kartwright will be in Denver Oct 30 - Nov 6 for a class. Staying at Hampton Inn and Suites, Denver Tech Center. She's looking for places to find good food, beer and weed while she's there. She has plans to go to Chris Robinson Brotherhood at the Gothic Theater on Halloween.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Is this libel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The Tech Center is another country, I know nothing. But I bet Cruiser has the goods, he's one of those down there types I think.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Is this libel?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The Tech Center is another country, I know nothing. But I bet Cruiser has the goods, he's one of those down there types I think.
    Yeah I don't even have a sense of Denver anymore. Big fkn city.

Sucks that you have to stay at the Tech Center.

Take the light rail to Union station. Eat at Mercantile. It's good.

Hard to go wrong with beer choices. What sort of beer does she like? Denver is concentrated enough to choose your preferred styles then choose the best makers of those.

What Danno said ! Northern folks don’t venture past Alameda.

The yuppie friends down south have been raving about Fermaentra Brewery , short drive from Gothic

I'm a northerner but get down there every so often to play some disc with buddies. The tech center is typical business park with chain restaurants scattered about. Not sure if car or not but Belleview light rail station just west of 25 for access north to dtown or uber would not break the bank.

South Broadway is full of bars, food, weed shops, etc. If shes a runner, head east to Village Greens park/Cherry Creek st park good for city type trails.

All I got.

I work a mile from where she is staying. I can't speak for weed. That Hampton Inn is brand new, probably still smell the formaldehyde in the mattress. It's right in the middle of a business park, so limited walking to places.
    She's going to be right next to Top Golf if she's into high tech driving ranges.
    Park Meadows Mall, a couple miles away to the south, has a bunch of decent restaurants. Yard House for huge beer menu.
    Resolute Brewing on Yosemite (couple miles west) has good beer. Like many tap rooms, they don't serve food, but usually have a food truck outside. There are other tap rooms nearby as well.
    If there is more specific things in mind, let me know.

No car, but Uber.

Likes IPA and cheap eats.

Not a golfer.

Might want to double think that rental car thing if she wants to go anywhere.

She's cheap. I doubt she will rent a car. Uber or Lyft? She would walk a couple miles but not a few.

I've only used Lyft, works well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That's what we use in SF

Walking down around the tech center tends to suck. You're in parking lot territory, so buildings are far apart and sidewalks can be few and far between, depending on the area.

Denver recommendations

There are many doctors offices in Denver where your wife could speak with a doctor about the science and benefits of vaccinating your children. That is my suggestion

I buy my weed in strip mall corner of s yosemite and hampton. If she is by herself Poke City is kind of alright for a quick meal. no problem finding a restaurant.
    off your knees Louie

Here is the satellite image of the business park. It's a couple years old before the hotel was built. Everything around the hotel is offices or hotels.
    For perspective, it's a mile walk to Maggiano's, and that requires cutting through a parking lot. There are other places to eat in the 1 mile range to the north & west. No brewpubs in walking distance. There is a tap room that serves sandwiches in the building upper right corner. I have not been in there yet. The Super Walmart is a few steps away for ambiance and really cheap eats.

how do they get rid of all the traffic on these images? Yes the area is an urban wasteland. My sister lives in a project between Temple and 225. I sometimes walk that bike path. Have yet to venture on foot across DTC Boulevard.
    off your knees Louie

DTC is boring. She can always run over to Park Meadows to shop a bit but otherwise I'd take Uber or the light rail up to town to go play.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    DTC is boring. She can always run over to Park Meadows to shop a bit but otherwise I'd take Uber or the light rail up to town to go play.
    Edit to add, Jabo's BBQ is pretty legit for a strip mall. http://www.jabosbarbeq.com/
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Denver recommendations

Lots to do/eat around Union Station and LoDo. Merchantile is great as is Stoic and Genuine. Also Lower Highlands. Can't keep up with all the good new food so just throw a dart.

Beerwise, it's all good.

The recommendation is don't go buddddd

Denver is a shithole
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

No choice. She's gotta go.