Thread: Norrona Sizing

Norrona Sizing

Anyone here wear the Norrona Lofoten Goretex Pro stuff?

Trying to figure out sizing since I fall between the S and M but can't try it on without ordering it.

I'm 5'10.5ish'' but only 150 pounds and the S for Norrona is for people 5'7''-5'10'' while the M is for 5'9''-5'12''

Hoping some mags have some input.

Hi,
    I have a Lofoten Jacket from like 6 years ago. So this information is not quite up to date. I'm about your size an weight and have M wich fits quite loose. I think you can really go for both depending on your style.
    I did not like the pants fit (even older model) so much (they changed it a lot since then). I probably would go for S the next time. (my Jeans size 30 width 32 length).

If you wish I can put up some pictures tonight.

/Leo

I'm using the current Norrøna Lofoten jacket and pants. I'm 186 cm (6'1 for those who still don't understand the metric system) and currently 185 pounds. I'm using both in XL and they fit loose, but not baggy. I could probably use large if I wanted a slim fit. When I ordered the, I checked out the Norrøna sizing guide on their page and I found it to be spot on. Have you checked it out yet?

I ordered Roldal jacket and pants which are insulated pieces similar to Lofoten -- without trying them on. Went off sizing chart and was swimming in them. Got the size I generally wear with all manufactures. It was so off, didn't exchange for the size down because I didn't know what I was going to get. I do like their gear though, kept gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    I'm using the current Norrøna Lofoten jacket and pants. I'm 186 cm (6'1 for those who still don't understand the metric system) and currently 185 pounds. I'm using both in XL and they fit loose, but not baggy. I could probably use large if I wanted a slim fit. When I ordered the, I checked out the Norrøna sizing guide on their page and I found it to be spot on. Have you checked it out yet?
    I have, and I fall smack dab in between the sizes...I'm just curious as to how "slim" slim is and how "baggy" baggy would be. It varies so much between brands.

I've got a few other pieces from them in different sizes which further compounds the issue.

I wear a few shirts, they're S, but I've also got a raincoat and a few hoodies that are Ms.

I have a trollveggen jacket, and a falketind puffy.

I'm 178cm (5'10" ish?), and anywhere from 75-80 kg (165-175 lbs).

The jacket I have in medium as I wanted to be able to fit a ton of layers underneath. the puffy I have in small as I usually don't have that much underneath it...

The puffy fits me perfectly. Slim fit for sure though. Not skin tight, a little room inside, but probably not enough to throw the puffy OVER a shell.

the jacket is more than baggy enough to fit over pretty much anything I have, massive 750 down puffy included.

Arm length or torso length is not an issue with either. The small puffy still goes probably 3-4 inches past my weight.

All in all, if you're a skinny mofo, and don't plan to wear a ton of thick layers underneath, a small is probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I have, and I fall smack dab in between the sizes...I'm just curious as to how "slim" slim is and how "baggy" baggy would be. It varies so much between brands.

I've got a few other pieces from them in different sizes which further compounds the issue.

I wear a few shirts, they're S, but I've also got a raincoat and a few hoodies that are Ms.
    I agree. I would say that in general, the Lofoten collection is slimmer than anything eg patagonia used to be. Nowhere around you where you can try some on?
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 09-22-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    I agree. I would say that in general, the Lofoten collection is slimmer than anything eg patagonia used to be. Nowhere around you where you can try some on?
    Nope. Not in stock at least.

I ordered a pair of medium pants, we'll see how those fit.

If they're baggy, I imagine the jacket will be too and I can just switch it all for a small.

I am 6 feet and 190 pounds . I have low Lofoten jacket and pants size large . Both fit perfectly but the pants maybe an inch or so on the long side. Both jacket and pants or snugger than my arcteryx theta SV set-up

Small for sure. Medium will for like a burlap sack.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Small for sure. Medium will for like a burlap sack.
    Speak from experience or?

I have a couple of Norrona pieces and, while I'm in a larger size, I find that they run long and lean. So you ought to have plenty of length in the small but no excess fabric.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I have the lyngen alpha 3/4 pants and for a medium it fits my 34" waist with a slim cut. I say the sizing chart is accurate with a slender person in mind but this is the only Norrona peice I ever tried and/or owned.

I'm 5 foot 9, 70kg, and have several Norrona pieces (Lofoten, Tamok, Falketind, Trollvegen, etc) all in medium which feels pretty spot on - and a Lyngen down jacket in S which also fits pretty perfectly. Generally a little longer but a lot slimmer/more tailored than equivalent Patagonia sizes (which always seem to be as wide in the stomach and at the hem as they are in shoulders).

FWIW this is how the Lofoten jacket fits me: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFokDo8T...arkleberryfinn

Anyone got any input on Lyngen vs. Lofoten for primarily ski-touring w/ some lift access?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Hoping some mags have some input.
    Eat a cheeseburger and try to gain some weight?

I'm 178 and 73kg. I have a Large Lofotoen active jackaet and a Medium Bitihorn dri3 jacket. The large is big and the Medium would be wight with a back protector and a puffy under. Medium is a perfect fit though. Don't go small in the shell jacket!

I ended up going with a S.

A medium would have me swimming in the arms and would be super long. It's a good fit with a Patagonia nanopuff+fleece layer which is about all I'll ever wear, even on the coldest days. A little tight with a full on down layer underneath, but I never ski with those