Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tango uniform View Post
    Changing the steering weight, and shifting points is a feature in the driving mode option on the alltrack. Or, are you guys talking about more advanced re-programing?
    Way more advanced if desired. VCDS is the standard for all vw diagnosis/repair. OBD11 is fine but a bit less to offer.

Google it; Ross-tech makes it.

Changing the steering weight, and shifting points is a feature in the driving mode option on the alltrack. Or, are you guys talking about more advanced re-programing?
    Only for the Alltrack. The Golf Wagon doesn't have the adjustable driving settings.

Bump.

Looking at these since the wife's GTI was totaled by a high driver last month. She loved her GTI and I've long been a VW/Audi/Porsche guy. Seems like it would be a good vehicle for with snow tires and a good option for us on long ski trips.

How have they been for those that own them?

In short; I love mine. The base model is pretty generous with features, which is a VW tradition, and is adequate for me. I have a few complaints, but nothing serious. I have an auto DSG transmission model, and am happy with it's versatility. Get to a dealer and drive one ASAP; now's the time to buy!

In short; I love mine. The base model is pretty generous with features, which is a VW tradition, and is adequate for me. I have a few complaints, but nothing serious. I have an auto DSG transmission model, and am happy with it's versatility. Get to a dealer and drive one ASAP; now's the time to buy!
    Bueno. The requirement for the wife is heated seats and a moonroof, of which I approve. Which I think that bumps me all the way up to the SEL, no?

40K on our 17 S. Love it.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Bump.

Looking at these since the wife's GTI was totaled by a high driver last month. She loved her GTI and I've long been a VW/Audi/Porsche guy. Seems like it would be a good vehicle for with snow tires and a good option for us on long ski trips.

How have they been for those that own them?
    We have one and it’s been exactly as advertised. Mrs Spots and Daughter drive it over literally the worst roads in Canada , the Coquihalla ( legit.... ever seen highway through hell?) every weekend to coach. Comfy, safe, efficient .... A roof box and you are ready to roll. It’s fun to drive too! I would recommend full on winter tires. All the safety systems in the world mean squat if your tires aren’t up to the task.)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Dad, I can huck that"

The requirement for the wife is heated seats and a moonroof, of which I approve. Which I think that bumps me all the way up to the SEL, no?
    Even the "S" comes with heated seats, does she actually use the moonroof? I never did in 13 years of owning Audi A4 Avants . . .

Anyway, I'm super happy with mine, chipped it with an APR Stage I 91 octane upgrade ($599), got some OEM 17x6.5's with Hakka R3's, driven in snow twice so far and it rocks. Plus it's the only small wagon I could find with a 6MT . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Even the "S" comes with heated seats, does she actually use the moonroof? I never did in 13 years of owning Audi A4 Avants . . .

Anyway, I'm super happy with mine, chipped it with an APR Stage I 91 octane upgrade ($599), got some OEM 17x6.5's with Hakka R3's, driven in snow twice so far and it rocks. Plus it's the only small wagon I could find with a 6MT . . .
    They're also leakers! Shhhhhh.... I didn't say that.

I couldn't wait for the MT6, but I'm good with the auto; all highway; 150/day; plus it's easier to surf the web while driving....jk

It could be viewed that the roof is an extra 3600.00, and will likely leak at some point.

It could be viewed that the roof is an extra 3600.00, and will likely leak at some point.
    You also get a bunch of avoidance shit I didn't want and a slightly better stereo.

Sadly, avoid the sunroof. The "S" is the value. Overall, if ours got totalled today, we would just go back and get another. I don't know where you can get this refinement and versatility near this price range.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Up here in Canada you got the completely nutted out version or basic. The only two options were a light and sound package ( better headlights/ fender stereo and driver convenience which has the lane control which I shut off but the adaptive cruise control is sweet !
    The pano roof is nice... makes car feel bigger than it is.

"Dad, I can huck that"

^^^^ we don’t have manual option . That and the diesel would be the perfect car. Sadly doubt that will ever happen. I miss the 1000 km on 50 litre.

"Dad, I can huck that"

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Sadly, avoid the sunroof. The "S" is the value. Overall, if ours got totalled today, we would just go back and get another. I don't know where you can get this refinement and versatility near this price range.
    +1

If you really need a sunroof look at a different company for a car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would've been fine with the S but the price was right on our SE and we wanted the 6MT. Didn't need the sunroof or DAP, but can't complain having it. Did *need* the stereo - I'm a sucker for a nice system.

Blizzaks are on now and I'm driving a little too fast in the snow (when no one else is around).

Did a nice little 40 mph, 4 wheel drift on a sweeping corner during the last snow storm in my wife's Alltrak. No drama, just a little sliding and the snow tires and AWD kicked in and did their thing.

Blasting through snow storms is just a little too easy in it. Also as a staunch stick shift guy, I'm digging the DSG.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post

Yes, she uses it. Us PNWet residents are suckers for the sun. I use my moonroofs all the time, too.

On the chip; I've heard that they can be chipped at the VW dealership such that it does not void the factory warranty. Yesterday, my Lyft driver - driving an AllTrack - was telling me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    ++VIBES++

Quote Originally Posted by spotted dogs View Post
    We have one and it’s been exactly as advertised. Mrs Spots and Daughter drive it over literally the worst roads in Canada , the Coquihalla ( legit.... ever seen highway through hell?) every weekend to coach. Comfy, safe, efficient .... A roof box and you are ready to roll. It’s fun to drive too! I would recommend full on winter tires. All the safety systems in the world mean squat if your tires aren’t up to the task.)

Excellent. We're big fans of snow tires. Have been since moving back to the PNWet. In Montana, a burly AT tires was plenty. Not so much out here.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Did a nice little 40 mph, 4 wheel drift on a sweeping corner during the last snow storm in my wife's Alltrak. No drama, just a little sliding and the snow tires and AWD kicked in and did their thing.

Blasting through snow storms is just a little too easy in it. Also as a staunch stick shift guy, I'm digging the DSG.

The wife-unit's recently departed GTI had DSG and I'm a fan. They're rad and her auto-blipped on downshift. Sexy.

Besides, I have a 911 Turbo and a pile of motorcycles for row-your-own fun. And she hasn't yet learned to drive a stick.

On the chip; I've heard that they can be chipped at the VW dealership such that it does not void the factory warranty. Yesterday, my Lyft driver - driving an AllTrack - was telling me about it.
    Dealers list: https://www.goaprplus.com/#learn

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I had my car done by Achtuning in Redmond, WA which includes the powertrain warranty (and I trust them more than my VW dealer). Dealer told me non-powertrain issues would be covered by the normal warranty as with any other Alltrack. Flawless performance in previous Audis with similar Stage 1 chip upgrades from Achtuning.

Anyone have recommendations on a roof box that fits well? Looking at SkyBox 12 and Thule 613 Pulse and curious if they will interfere with rear hatch. Interested in a more narrow design since don't have a crazy amount of gear. Have VW factory crossbars already.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on a roof box that fits well? Looking at SkyBox 12 and Thule 613 Pulse and curious if they will interfere with rear hatch. Interested in a more narrow design since don't have a crazy amount of gear. Have VW factory crossbars already.
    I like my Thule 11 but skybox 16 fits well per the forums. Buying a new box I would probably get the skybox 16. I’m a Thule fan but Yakima is good

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have an older skybox 19 (I think). Fits fine on Yakima timberline with old round bars. No trunk interference.

Not sure if factory crossbars would be high enough for the clamps or not. Not much clearance.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    I sm running a Packasport 115 on ours. Killer box.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Skybox 16 fits fine on mine without interfering with the trunk. I’m using Yakima whispbars which have less clearance than OEM bars and the mounts are extremely tight. I wouldn’t recommend them actually since they touch the roof but I’m just going with it and risking they will scratch the paint. They definitely wouldn’t work if you had a sunroof or whatever they call them.