Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    But my point is that the whispbars sort of work with the skybox, so the OEM bars should be totally fine.

This thread bump is timely. My loved hers. As did I. Right up until it was stolen the night before last... it was boosted right in front of our house. She's as devastated as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    This thread bump is timely. My loved hers. As did I. Right up until it was stolen the night before last... it was boosted right in front of our house. She's as devastated as I am.
    Wow, bummer. Almost makes me want to buy another one while there are still a couple 6-speeds left in town . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Wow, bummer. Almost makes me want to buy another one while there are still a couple 6-speeds left in town . . .
    You should. I'd love to have another, with the MT, lift it a bit, and add a tune. That would be a sleeper battle wagon. Hell, the wife was on board with lifting and a tune.

Sorry to hear that. I haven’t posted here about it before but I’ve had my alltrack 6mt for a little over a year and love it. So much more fun to drive than the many vintages of Subarus I was used to. Great in snow. Eats up the rough roads below Mt Shasta. Comfy to sleep in at trailheads. I’d love to get it tuned but the seven-year warranty is more important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I haven’t posted here about it before but I’ve had my alltrack 6mt for a little over a year and love it. So much more fun to drive than the many vintages of Subarus I was used to. Great in snow. Eats up the rough roads below Mt Shasta. Comfy to sleep in at trailheads. I’d love to get it tuned but the seven-year warranty is more important to me.
    I came across something the other day, and I don't remember where, maybe here? Basically, most of the tune companies will honor the powertrain warranty, and everything outside of that is still covered by VW. Might be worth a deep dive. Even the 1.8T engines now are understressed by a good deal.

We really missed our GSW so we picked up a used 2019 Alltrack SEL 6MT with 10k mi in July, white with marakesh brown interior. It just felt like home immediately. I still miss the mileage of the tdi, but I won't miss chaining up on the passes.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I’d love to get it tuned but the seven-year warranty is more important to me.
    APR offers their own drivetrain warranty, and the performance improvement is dramatic. I trusted them after doing a couple Audi A4's, and am super happy with the Stage 1 ECU upgrade on the Alltrack. As a bonus, the added torque lets you drive in 6th gear at reasonable speeds (around 40 mpg for me with a light foot @ ~60-65).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Even the 1.8T engines now are understressed by a good deal.
    Exactly, if you compare a Euro-tuned 1.8 with what we get in the US, it's clear the engine and drivetrain components are built to handle much more.

I've always admired the AllTrack... just wish it came in a diesel variant here in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    I've always admired the AllTrack... just wish it came in a diesel variant here in the States.
    yep its the only thing im not keen on my TDI about...but ive driven many many east coast winters with FWD...this one will have snows (have to buy rims) since it came with them when I bought and they were basically new. it'll be the first time in like 35 years ive used snows.

Man, TGR is just a support group for getting dudes to spend more money on their hobbies. I had understood that the non-drivetrain stuff was still at each dealership’s discretion. I will have to ponder this.

Who's driving a VW AllTrack?

An issue I saw raised on VW Vortex was how APR will actually handle warranty claims. Something mentioned about them requiring proof of oil change every 5K to honor it. Haven’t tuned yet but seriously considering it.

For APR+

I'm driving my 18 stock until it turns into a pile of shit...and then maybe we'll tune it. I read about occasional IS12 failures with the tune so then they go IS20 and a retune so it is down the wormhole. I just need solid transportation so it is easier just to shift to 5th now and again. For me it is a pretty perfect combo of torque/hp/fuel economy/barely adequate clearance and interior space but fits in garage with Yakima box/unbelievably fun handling compared to the old Subie.

Maybe if I didn't own 3 other cars with 180k, 221k, and 245k. Not exactly a hands off fleet.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'm driving my 18 stock until it turns into a pile of shit
    Wish me luck, I'm driving it fast until it turns into a pile of shit . . .

So I took mine to Alta on sunday. Snow was up to the door and it just powered right through with snow tires. Downhill assist worked great. Fun wagon for sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Is it just my vehicle, or is the 2017 alltrack rear defrost useless?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

No, the rear defrost is probably my least favorite thing about the car. That’s kind of it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Wish me luck, I'm driving it fast until it turns into a pile of shit . . .
    May be a stupid question but why do they downrate the engines in the US version from the Euro?

No issues with the rear defrost, seems good enough to melt before the rear wiper can clear. Just had the 30k maintenance done yesterday and the manual shifts like new again!

Other question: Anyone else having issues with the key fob just fucking dying constantly? I've changed batteries more then yearly, don't usually have the key out in the cold, but have had numerous times where the car wont read it. Huge pain and it takes the car a few min to sense the key off the steer column.

Did they service the MT clutch at 30k or the haldex rear diff clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    They did oil change, brake fluid change, clutch fluid change and Haldex rear dif fluid change. $467

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I believe from the service interval it is the haldex rear diff...every 30k miles. At 70k mine has yet to have anything done in regards to the MT clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    May be a stupid question but why do they downrate the engines in the US version from the Euro?
    Americans are too busy trying to fit their Starbuck's cups into the holders to handle more power?

Cool to stumble onto this thread. We got a ‘17 Alltrack this spring after my trusty old Jetta bit the dust (2.5L with snows on it was actually a beast.)

What are people running for snow tires on these? I’m guessing many go down to 16’s to increase options.