Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Meanwhile back @ the ranch. Hahahaha
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Live beta

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How's the coverage at Meadows Matt? Worth a day trip mid week for an aging skidder.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Lot of folks at MHM!! YIKES!

that actually looks pretty mild compared to some of my worst days there

Nice soft turns with tbs today! Our little one took out outback the first time today. I look forward to the return of the snow!!! The snow dog today was cool:

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Sunrise parking lot was a double black this morning. Fun late spring day once the crowd dispersed

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    How's the coverage at Meadows Matt? Worth a day trip mid week for an aging skidder.
    It depends on the standard. It was easy to avoid sharks, but I think things might deteriorate a bit over the next 48 hours. It was WARM when we left today. Snow was softening nicely up high, but with sneaky icy patches. Not like wind crust ice, but skating rink.

Based on the cams and telemetry, I don't think there's any reason to ski Meadows if you can ski bachy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

asshole snowboarders jumping and bombing all around the kid today on packed green and blue runs. i had one dude go above me off piste, go past the entrance to get to the lift, then drop right in front of me trying to go back. landed right on the nose of my board. people flying into the lift lines. nobody giving notice that they're passing close by. holiday weekends were always a bit of a drag, but watching people fly by within two feet of the kid over and over is going to cause a big fucking problem the first time somebody hits him.

I never let em get that close to my lil thing.
    are you riding behind him playing blocker?
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

yup. i'm in back taking wider turns behind him. mom's in front. nobody cut between us but there were plenty of people who blasted by within 2-3 feet of my backside and buzzed him. i saw another guy cut between a ski instructor and a 6ish year old who were 3 feet apart. several times i saw people jumping from the edges of the run into the middle at the very bottom of jeff flood, which is a somewhat steep bottleneck and was loaded with kids. honestly, today was the worst i've seen at timberline as far as people being assholes. we usually come during the week.

yeah every one of the assholes today was a snowboarder, too. thanks, guys!

if he knows the route maybe try both of you guys behind him,
    you being right on his tails, her being one extra blocker.
    busy days are tough so we go early and once real busy, adios.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Good advice! People dont seem to be as polite as they used to be: Dont know why that is.

Thanks Matt. Noticed that at bachelor with recent influx of jerries. I tell you one thing.... You hit some parents lil one and your going to have a bad day. No excuses. See a kido go the other way.

Q took out an adult and was reprimanded by patrol.
    Jerrys & Gapers better watch out a lil bull is loose.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Fun skiing with the Puma clan this AM
    Sadly the crowds were beyond insane with racer kids and tourons.
    Outback was thin and littered with rocks and gapers at all the choke points. People stood in line for an hour to ride the White Ribbon of Beverly Hills.
    And yes, I admit to being spoiled
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

bad accident at rhododendron. we turned around and went through hood river.

we're home after stopping for pizza in hood river and 26 at rhododendron is still closed

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    good idea. he knows the routes pretty well now. we normally avoid these days. i have probably been a little overzealous since i missed last winter and forgotten why we normally avoid days like new years eve and mlk weekend.

saw one guy heading down near the bottom of jeff flood, with the run full of people, hit a tree well jump in the middle of the run at speed and launch himself halfway across the run and barely missed his buddy and then skidded into the trees, barely missing one.

i had a complicated vibe today. not all of it was pleasant. it was a great day riding -- i got an hour and a half by myself (that i didn't plan on) to get in a groove -- and the boy is getting better every day and has a great attitude. but overall i'd say there were a lot of careless and reckless people around and it probably didn't bother me as much when i was the only one to worry about but now everybody looks like a fucking missile. the guy dropping in almost on top of me was not pleasant and took a while to shake off.

Pretty:

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Ripn Rainbow

Online right now trying to figure out what happened but not finding anything. We considered going back to Skibowl to wait it out but I'm glad we decided to go through Hood River. Trip check said it was still closed at like 11:45. Randomly stopped at Ixtapa in HR and it's identical to the one in Silverton. Big plate of melted cheeze. Hopefully will not have to do that route again anytime soon. Oh well. Hoping to get a lucky parking spot for some afternoon and sunset turns today. Time to brew another pot of coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    we're home after stopping for pizza in hood river and 26 at rhododendron is still closed

there was a little blurb on one of the local 11 oclock news last night but they even said that very little information was out. all the odot cameras were working except for the one .5 mile from the closure. i havent seen a mention of it anywhere today. i hate that last shot before rhododendron. so many people trying to speed and jockey for position before it goes to one lane each way.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i hate that last shot before rhododendron. so many people trying to speed and jockey for position before it goes to one lane each way.
    I call that The Hole Shot