SNOW, goddamit

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    my legs are twitchy
    i'm gonna lose my shit soon
    SNOW, goddamit
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    X2
    That said...I do like the look of this a BUNCH. Stoked for this weekend. Perhaps even Jonesy will be there non mid-week...

Name:  12z.JPG
Views: 332
Size:  137.3 KB

and a more relevant to this audience interpretation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gfs snow.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	221582

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    I would reply to the comments about lift lines at Bachelor..... The new manager seems to be aware of the problems of lifts not running. Which is great considering that slow, late, and broken seemed to be the previous managers favored operating plan.

I was at Bachelor last year on one of the days that they had to shut the parking lot down because they simply could park no more cars! The parking lot was a total, free fire, fluster cluck. It was one of the biggest crowds they ever had, and yet most of the lifts were turning and lift lines were not bad (and I hate lift lines!).

Admittedly, I have not skied much this year so (8 days) far due to... low snow pack, skis broken on rocks, difficulty replacing old ski boots (industry wide war on tele gear), xmas / MLK masses, and of course, the star of this season...RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! However I have not heard friends from Bend complain about lift lines being as bad a they were in the past. And they would know.

Give the new manager a chance to change your mind. At least that is the outlook I am holding at this point. I think he shows promise.
    I think u misread. I said Bachy is good. We only go on the busiest weekends and we can still ski.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I look forward to laps with you too! What are your dates? I'll be sure to be over there for one of your weekends.
    Puma, we had to shorten the trip thanks to my job, but we will be there 4/10 to 4/18th and hope we can sync up... We just rented a fat pad near 10 Barrel so if the skiing hasn't improved we should be close enough to to get into plenty of trouble in Bend...

I will def throw out a note as we get closer and def hope the season improves for you all...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Heading to Bachelor next weekend, skiing Friday 1/26 to Sunday 1/28. Looks like a lot of snow is on the way this week and next, so hoping that conditions will be solid.

I was scoping a trail map and it looks like Northwest and Outback access fun terrain that should be good since it's somewhat north facing. Looks like the Cirque off the Summit is also north facing and should be good. Any other recommendations on areas to check out?

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
    Heading to Bachelor next weekend, skiing Friday 1/26 to Sunday 1/28. Looks like a lot of snow is on the way this week and next, so hoping that conditions will be solid.

I was scoping a trail map and it looks like Northwest and Outback access fun terrain that should be good since it's somewhat north facing. Looks like the Cirque off the Summit is also north facing and should be good. Any other recommendations on areas to check out?
    The more mature folks on the board favor the eastside, and I will admit to having some fun times around Cloudchaser...but I would say:

Northwest is the goods. Very open to the weather, but fantastic tree skiing with opportunity for fresh turns well after a storm. That said, it's not been open for the season yet, and we do need a bunch before that fabulous tree skiing is ready to go. I think it will open by next weekend, but I've been accused of being overzealous with weather reports before. So, who knows. It is right behind summit in terms of not running when the weather is fierce. Outside of the cirque, it has a steeper pitch to it on average, but FAR from steep when comparing to real resorts.

Outback is similiar to Northwest, but opens more often, and sees more traffic due to some feeling like they can due outback, but not northwest. Also the same with regard to needing a bunch of snow for the trees to be very wide open...

Summit does not open when weather is not ideal. Coverage is also still very suspect off the groomed. Hopefully better before next weekend.

The cirque usually has some soft turns and certainly is the steepest up top of all on Bachelor. The cirque has yet to open this season due to coverage.

The backside opens up a bunch of terrain where you can find good turns well after a storm. I personally enjoy the backside to deep northwest. It usually is hammered by wind, coverage (hate to keep saying this...) is very suspect, and it too has yet to open.

Cloud chaser has better protection from the elements, lighter snow usually, but is lower angle. Fun features in the glader area near the top.

I am headed over there too. It's tough to predict the family commitments, but if it's good, I'll be demanding freedom! Hook up for turns?

Thanks for the awesome beta, sent you a PM!

WELCOME BACK TO BONER CITY, MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Boner City is coming soon, but man it was nearly 70F in Eugene today with the incoming warm front ... much more like flaccid elongated city ...

Temps better go down and then I'll be ready to tent it up.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I prefer to ski under the red chair.
    Dropped like an OG
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post

Outback is boney as shit - two good rock thwacks last w/e skiing with Puma
    NWX is closed for lack of snow
    The lift lines are too fucking long - stay away. This weekend there will be 100 disabled vets and their families skiing. Including one guy in a monoski who once did a double cartwheel through a snowfence - nothing like trying to extricate someone from a double layer snow fence cocoon while they are screaming.
    Beware

I knew a guy that had to get cut out of the B net. That shit will wrap you up like a Tuna net. Thats what I've heard.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

There have been wolves on Hood for 20 years.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowstake.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	221653
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    There have been wolves on Hood for 20 years.
    At least two gray wolves have been confirmed in the Mount Hood area, marking the first time a pair of the predators have settled in the northern Cascade Range since they began returning to Oregon in the 2000s.

Jonesy>fake news.

Jonesy said they've been there so they've been there. End of discussion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And he’s been around long enough to know...

When you spend over half of your life driving over Govy....also saw a mt. goat 1 night. I'm going to the mt. Good day.

wolf attacks on humans in North America are mostly confined to fairy tales. I'd be more worried about the loaded 9mm!

Its nuking & puking riders. Snowball material.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Its nuking & puking riders. Snowball material.
    Sweet. It's coming in the right side. Sticky now, and cooling moving forward. CAN...NOT...WAIT for this weekend. The better half is sick of me talking about it. I am sure you all share that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    wolf attacks on humans in North America are mostly confined to fairy tales. I'd be more worried about the loaded 9mm!
    I am pretty sure the problem with that statement is the word MOSTLY.

Looks like you folks are in for an interesting week.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...5#.WmDUfK6nF9O

Remember to pace yourself, the only way to train to ski seven days a week, is to ski seven days a week. Den

Sweet. It's coming in the right side. Sticky now, and cooling moving forward. CAN...NOT...WAIT for this weekend. The better half is sick of me talking about it. I am sure you all share that thought.
    the prophecy has been fulfilled https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...04#post5220704

Please stay cold Oregon. You need this!