Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    If you don't ski Saturday come help us pack dirt for our jump lines...
    Attachment 215718
    Dood moar info pleaze!

Looks like a atv would help pack

Or party favors & fun @ the ranch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171026_094122.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	215745
    Name:  Deer.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  169.6 KB
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Didn't get up much last year? Heather was open by 12-23-16, one of the earlier openings. It was open quite often
    LOL, I wasn't referring to when they opened it for the first time of the season. I was referring to how late in the day they typically get it open. I ski a lot of weekday mornings before work and they never seem to get it open before 11 AM anymore- which sucks as the limited terrain gets tracked instantly. It's definitely a selfish 1st world problem but sucks none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    LOL, I wasn't referring to when they opened it for the first time of the season. I was referring to how late in the day they typically get it open. I ski a lot of weekday mornings before work and they never seem to get it open before 11 AM anymore- which sucks as the limited terrain gets tracked instantly. It's definitely a selfish 1st world problem but sucks none-the-less.
    Dang. We must have just been lucky. Or just better staffed on weekends? Almost always open right away when we went.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Dood moar info pleaze!

Looks like a atv would help pack
    Bike Park 242 located 50 miles east of Paradise in Sisters https://www.facebook.com/bikepark242/

Two pump tracks (tot track not visible lookers left), three jump lines, and a skills area with drops, rock gardens, skinnies and a spiral drop I'm still dreaming up

Name:	IMG_0829.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	723.4 KB 
ID:	215761

Using a container as start ramp. We've determined we need more inrun ramp on top so will probably build a platform out the back side. I'm advocating for a slingshot - swing seat with long springs attached that go across riders back - but management hasn't yet embraced the vision

Name:	IMG_0845.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	409.9 KB 
ID:	215762

Ramp to start area. We later walked it in with a Tacoma w/ oversized tires

Name:	IMG_0825.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	810.8 KB 
ID:	215763

We've used a rubber tracked skid steer to pack so far, and the latest snow/melt has really compacted the dirt. That said, we'd welcome your help, with or without an ATV.

Last work party of season is tomorrow. PM me for directions if you can make it - no pressure as its a long ways to come on short notice. Welcome to stay at La Ponderita overnight - ACinPDX and NW_Skier have patronized our spare bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Dang. We must have just been lucky. Or just better staffed on weekends? Almost always open right away when we went.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I don't ski Meadows much on weekends for obvious reasons but would not be surprised if they put a lot more effort/resources into getting Heather open for the masses. They seem to run a skeleton crew weekdays and patrol does not start their Heather routes until well after opening.

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Everone was a beginner once.

Im still a beginner

quick correction: looking like tues, and Thursday, next week. (I previously alluded to wed., but it turns out that I am booked)

I'm praying that this system comes in as cold and ferocious as-forecast.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Yeah, I don't ski Meadows much on weekends for obvious reasons but would not be surprised if they put a lot more effort/resources into getting Heather open for the masses. They seem to run a skeleton crew weekdays and patrol does not start their Heather routes until well after opening.
    It had to do with the couple of shear layers last year, plus a lot of new snow fall=more control work. It was pretty obvious to see the days that it would open later by the conditions.

My biggest bitch is how early they close Heather in the spring...yeah first world problems...

Getting itchy, next week is looking suweeeeet.

It looks like BC may have the haul rope up! (or it may just be comm lines) I can see MHM holding the opening until the load tests are completed. I didn't realize just how old that old Yan was, 1979. Only Blue, Easy Rider and Daisy are older.

i'm shooting for a tues, wed or thurs annual brain reset. got my board back and it looks great. my physical prep hasn't gone quite like i would have liked but i'm ready

Last edited by wyeaster; 11-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i'm shooting for a tues, wed or thurs annual brain reset. got my board back and it looks great. my physical prep hasn't gone quite like i would have liked but i'm ready

Im a fan of that topsheet graphic!
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Im still a beginner
    As am I. Perhaps we will cross tracks this season.
    The force is strong with this one.
    yepper

it's not my favorite to be honest but i like the flagship and went through a few iterations of their first year product that had some issues and by the time i got one that held up this was the design.

still my favorite:

Name:  a-frame.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  45.6 KB

i'm sort of leaning toward a prior maybe for my next board which will happen in a season or two most likely. i have to see how much stiffness i lost after this base grind. i will have to travel somewhere to demo one. they have a cool topo topsheet.

https://www.priorsnow.com/collection...nowboards/Mens

if i win the lottery some day i want to get a gentemstick.

http://www.gentemstick.com/gentemstick/

Did one quick lap at Bachy this morning. In the process of moving into the new house, so lots of things to get done this weekend. But had enough time to go for a hike with a few hundred outdoor enthusiasts.
    Snow was not too bad, a bit cut up in spots, and denser than previous forays. Definitely looks to have gotten schralped on Friday by a few slackers with nothing better to do than get some early pre-season turns in before winter arrives.

Name:	Bachy 11-11-17 A.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	783.8 KB 
ID:	215797

Name:	Bachy 11-11-17.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	215798
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Last couple of days have been fun...albeit a lot of people up there. Seems like all those cars parked near the Sunrise entrance is an accident waiting to happen.

Name:  23421744_1976443539347974_6896271482146521088_n.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  71.5 KB

What's this about a possible opening next weekend?

Aaaah, PNW viz!!

I’d offer a TR, but I have no idea where I was

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    it's not my favorite to be honest but i like the flagship and went through a few iterations of their first year product that had some issues and by the time i got one that held up this was the design.

still my favorite:

Name:  a-frame.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  45.6 KB

i'm sort of leaning toward a prior maybe for my next board which will happen in a season or two most likely. i have to see how much stiffness i lost after this base grind. i will have to travel somewhere to demo one. they have a cool topo topsheet.

https://www.priorsnow.com/collection...nowboards/Mens

if i win the lottery some day i want to get a gentemstick.

http://www.gentemstick.com/gentemstick/
    Prior just died. I hope they are still around in a couple years.

it's looking breezy next week.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Aaaah, PNW viz!!

I’d offer a TR, but I have no idea where I was
    Hey a - it's always sunny side up
    ​I am not in your hurry

Keep going up for sun?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Keep going up for sun?
    If that were only true :> more about the positive direction your heading

just appreciated
    ​I am not in your hurry

Rock on, Gepeto!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    It had to do with the couple of shear layers last year, plus a lot of new snow fall=more control work. It was pretty obvious to see the days that it would open later by the conditions.
    LOL. Yeah, no, there were no "shear layers" or whatever nonsense you are piping. Just pure economics by Meadows and lack of resources to get control work done in a timely manner. It was pretty obvious on weekday powder days that they did not prioritize getting Heather open.

Those back countrys the ones they sell at Less Schwab? Thinking about getting something like that for my ranger.Tires I have on there are old, ok for my wife to drive around town but it'd be nice to have a backup for the mountain or if the wants to go up solo if I have the subaru.
    Yesterday the check engine light came on in my forester and the cruise control light started flashing. Getting some jerking on the uphills and low idle too. Hoping it is just another issue with my exhaust since it's been welded back together a couple times but I'm worried it is actually something causing a misfire. Anyways probably back to taking it easy in the Ranger on TLine road tomorrow or chaning up if we get any snow tonight.
    We can really use another foot or snow or so to ge things going. Mollys and Pucci today were fun but crowded for a holiday weekened. Saw two guys almost get into a fist fight in the Mollys line and I skied off when they were getting into it again at the top of Molllys.
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I put the Back Country All terrain on the Highlander last year. (Snowflake on the tire) It was my first time venturing away from studded snow tires. I was nervous, and felt like the studs on the subaru were going to be my mountain setup. (Highlander just a backup and ready to go for those allusive lowland snow events for the better half) I was surprised how well they perform, and usually went with the Highlander over the subaru for trips to the mountain. I would say I can rally the subaru harder if need be, but there is no need, and I just take my time getting up there in my old age. Not sure if it's the tires or the low center of gravity, long wheel base, and\or years of experience with the car. (Probably all of the above)

LOL. Yeah, no, there were no "shear layers" or whatever nonsense you are piping. Just pure economics by Meadows and lack of resources to get control work done in a timely manner. It was pretty obvious on weekday powder days that they did not prioritize getting Heather open.
    I get it, it's so much easier to hate on MHM than know the facts; here's a start.
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...3/Chapter2.pdf

Heather is 38-40*, the most common slope angle for avalanches. The bowls are on the leeward side. And yes, there were 2 warming events early last year that lead to 2 weak layers deep in the snow pack.

After skiing Mt Hood for 39 years I have seen them open Heather at 9:05 on a Monday, and 2:30 on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Those back countrys the ones they sell at Less Schwab? Thinking about getting something like that for my ranger.Tires I have on there are old, ok for my wife to drive around town but it'd be nice to have a backup for the mountain or if the wants to go up solo if I have the subaru.
    Yesterday the check engine light came on in my forester and the cruise control light started flashing. Getting some jerking on the uphills and low idle too. Hoping it is just another issue with my exhaust since it's been welded back together a couple times but I'm worried it is actually something causing a misfire. Anyways probably back to taking it easy in the Ranger on TLine road tomorrow or chaning up if we get any snow tonight.
    We can really use another foot or snow or so to ge things going. Mollys and Pucci today were fun but crowded for a holiday weekened. Saw two guys almost get into a fist fight in the Mollys line and I skied off when they were getting into it again at the top of Molllys.
    Yes, purchased at Les Schwab.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app