Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Glad I got out a bunch already this fall. Mom would rather I hang out and eat appetizers all day Thursday and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Any of you Oregon mags ski much in SOUTHERN Oregon? I'm going to be spending a good bit of time in Ashland at my parent's place over xmas and am looking for beta on Mt Mcloughlin, Crater Lake, and anything within 1-1.5 hour drive of Ashland?
    I'm in southern Oregon. If I'm around for Christmas, crater lake is where it's at IMO. I'd be happy to tour.

Ashland the other day. Windbuff and smooth pow all over. Coverage isnt too bad.

Fresh and Deep.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

^ Pretty funny looking at that picture ... hard to believe just 3 weeks ago I was ripping down Time Warp and other trails not far from the Mt. A radio dome, and it was almost too damn hot and sunny in town to eat lunch outside.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Also the new puppy digs the snow but what’s up with all the dog owners who just leave their dog’s shit all over the dog park area. Both days were shit storms in that zone. I think I have found a new calling as the scheizer police. Thinking about getting a megaphone and a vest.
    Yes, indeed! WTF be up with people not cleaning up after the pooch?! My new best friend getting after it week before last at Bachy. Just about chest deep pow for the doggy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	622.6 KB 
ID:	216874
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    I'm in southern Oregon. If I'm around for Christmas, crater lake is where it's at IMO. I'd be happy to tour.

Ashland the other day. Windbuff and smooth pow all over. Coverage isnt too bad.

Fresh and Deep.
    Never been to Ashland -- is the Deathstar always parked there?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Never been to Ashland -- is the Deathstar always parked there?
    Yup. It's a NOAA weather station. We got our share of RF poison hunkering out of the wind on the North side of it.

Fresh and Deep.

Anyone tour the Wallowas much? I'd love some good beta on the area.

Fresh and Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I say this because what was below the powder from last week was consolidated with rain and then frozen. I do believe unless we get more than about 3 or 4 inches, it's going to be shithouse ice...and don't see that 3 or 4 inches incoming...but who cares.
    Check the telemetry. It hasn't been freezing at night.
    Snow starts Sunday.

Yes, freezes thursday night. Slight chance of snow showers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Accurate forecast puma. FL drops from 8k to 4.5k Thursday night with Snow showers for the next few days. Dust on the Crust Riders. See yall Friday.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Yup. It's a NOAA weather station. We got our share of RF poison hunkering out of the wind on the North side of it.

Fresh and Deep.
    Medford (this one) , Portland and Seattle are the PNW coast ground sources for radar

As far as I know..

Anyone tour the Wallowas much? I'd love some good beta on the area.

Fresh and Deep.
    I'll know a lot more come feb 2nd when I get back from my hut trip...
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    I'll know a lot more come feb 2nd when I get back from my hut trip...
    Which hut you staying at?

Fresh and Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Accurate forecast puma. FL drops from 8k to 4.5k Thursday night with Snow showers for the next few days. Dust on the Crust Riders. See yall Friday.
    Lookin at the forecasted wind, the dust will get blown to Idaho

Which hut you staying at?

Fresh and Deep.
    Norway basin
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Tis breezy wed/thurs.
    Friday
    Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Bring your bikini.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Sporty. And crusty.

The brother didn't bring his gear so likely no snow-sliding this weekend for me.

Pray for snow!

I look forward to having the opportunity to rip some sporty dust on crust. I will be eating and drinking to prepare for the start of my season!

With "those" conditions tbs might be hard pressed to make a showing. OTOH I will gladly arch the ice with fellow mags. Apple pie will be served.

Painful:

11:00 A.M. THURSDAY UPDATE

As expected, this past week's episode of warm and wet weather took its toll. Due to the thin and saturated snowpack, we have yet to be able to get our grooming machines on the snow. The temperature is forecast to drop throughout the night and into Friday morning, and with a firmer snow surface projected, we've scheduled an overnight grooming shift. The team will attempt the put the mountain back together, but the rain damage is severe. The snow has disappeared from every lift unloading area and there are ponds of water scattered throughout each of our base areas. The situation is particularly troublesome near the top of Pine Marten lift, where the rain, high humidity and warm wind has melted most of the snow. Consequently, Pine Marten lift cannot reopen until after the next snow storm.

That said, we're not giving up. The Mt. Bachelor team is working together to create a skiing and snowboarding opportunity for you this weekend. We will reopen Friday morning.
    FRIDAY'S PLAN

On Friday, we will operate from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the Sunshine Accelerator lift in operation. Lift tickets prices will be $39 for all ages. The grooming, patrol and lift teams will spend the morning at the Skyliner and Sunrise lifts, assessing the conditions and moving snow, if possible, in an attempt to open those two lifts by late-morning. No guarantees, but we will give it our best effort. Lift ticket prices will remain at $39 even if Skyliner and Sunrise are added.

Because Skyliner lift's operating status is questionable, the Skyliner/JRC parking area will be closed on Friday. Everyone should plan on parking at West Village, where all services will be open and available.

We're also planning to reopen the Nordic Center on Friday with the best product we can put together, given the conditions. The Snowblast Tubing Park's opening date has been postponed, most likely until next Friday, December 1.

For those of you panning to ski or ride Friday and/or this weekend, please be aware that snow coverage will be extremely thin in places. You may encounter patches of straw or hay in certain areas - this is a tactic we use when we're dealing with low-snow conditions, as it covers bare spots and helps prevent further snow melt. Please ski or ride extra cautiously and expect numerous marked and unmarked obstacles, natural and human-made.
    SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND BEYOND...

We are planning to operate through the weekend and beyond, but can't yet provide any specific information about what lifts and terrain will be open just yet. We'll need to see what kind of results we get from Friday's efforts before we can communicate lift and terrain details beyond Friday. The good news is that we are forecast to receive significant snow Sunday into Monday. That should really help heal-up the mountain and improve the conditions for next week.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours... and let's all send positive thoughts to Mother Nature for better weather in the days and weeks to come!

Happy Thanksgiving OR mags!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving OR mags!
    And to you! It's 4 minutes till the first bottle is opened!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    Also things were super skier packed by the end of the day Sunday so it should hold up better than if it were just fresh snow. My hunch is stadium will be a mess because it was already thin cover with alot of grass and rocks poking out but I think the rest of the mountain will fare alot better.

EDIT: But that's also the optimist in me that wants this season to be game on
    Pretty spot on as far as stadium goes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171123_121511.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	217042

Some brush and dirt just barely showing in other spots around the base. Maybe star fared better?

Sideways rain and nuking wind. 44 degrees at noon.

Happy T-Day to y'all
    For perspective, Mt B didn't open until day after TDay last year, with only sunshine open.
    But still depressing
    Fuckin' SJW's bitching about old pics in Ullr thread