Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Did not expect it but Sat and Sunday both turned out to be awesome ski days and Timberline. New snow and winter like conditions on Saturday.
    Got a late start Sunday and missed most of the mist. Snow was good for sliding and by mid-afternoon it was bright and sunny. Late afternoon was some of the most beautiful light and it transitioned to a beautiful sunset.
    I think T Line and MHM were a very different story this weekend. I didn't ski Sunday, but Saturday was rock hard ice windjack garbage with the occasional blown-in cream. And if you weren't skiing there, it was groomed over dirt. Even up high.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Thanks for the update, my (and my wife's) question is, when are conditions going to be worth a 3-hours-each-way drive, for folks who current still have 2-wheeled recreation alternatives to shake out the jonesing (the whole, dry trails in late December thing is ridiculous by the way), and would rather not fight-for-life on the WROD or skin up just to scrape down windjack and crust?
    If it were me, I'd still ride bikes. Tomorrow's storm will help, but not enough. It's really bare in a lot of spots. If you can make it work Wednesday AND you're really fiending to make turns, it could be worth it. Otherwise, keeping doing your snow dance because we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Thanks for the update, my (and my wife's) question is, when are conditions going to be worth a 3-hours-each-way drive, for folks who current still have 2-wheeled recreation alternatives to shake out the jonesing (the whole, dry trails in late December thing is ridiculous by the way), and would rather not fight-for-life on the WROD or skin up just to scrape down windjack and crust?
    Ski Willamette!

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    You mean why does it take so long or wow thats fast?
    One hour fifteen for a thirty minute drive?

It just doesn’t compute...

Let the pounding begin...

NOAA has it raining on Hood right now, but meadows cams show blowing snow. Only supposed to get colder from here. More granular forecast models show a good concentration of snow on the mountain. Over a foot is a low-end call at this point. Could be closer to 2ft. But as my wife says, after the last few weeks, I'd be happy with 6 inches.

I'm gonna get sum Wednesday. Tired of waiting for a bigger base...

New snow on the TLine cameras. Forecast is showing a chance of sun on Thursday so I'm gonna go up then to see what I can ski. Gotta crunch out as much work as possible today and tomorrow before I start my Christmas vacation.

tentative plans: 21, 23, 25... (1 or 2 more by 31), then jan. 1. kid back to school jan. 2.

heavily considering trying to wrap up work early on Wed and heading up for some 2pm-9pm turns

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    heavily considering trying to wrap up work early on Wed and heading up for some 2pm-9pm turns
    (i just repaired that base!)

hopefully it stacks up on the better side of the forecast!

Tentatively planning:

Dec 23, 24th, 25th (mid morning), 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st.

Pretty much every one of these days will not be a full day. Since I only have "two days" in, I suspect I will be unable to move near the end of this. All I am asking for is not bullet proof ice, and a little resurface here and there would be nice too. 6+ today\tomorrow would be lovely. 10+ over the next two would be an absolute dream come true. Looks like it stays cold for the forecast period, but I am sure that forecast will change 5 times before we get there...

ambitious!

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Let the pounding begin...
    But as my wife says, I'd be happy with 6 inches.
    I am the man for the job
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Well played Liv2ski

Wyeaster, it's ambitious for sure given my current "physique" We have a pass at Bachelor, we live in Portland, and this is when we have a big chunk of time in the promise land...We'll see how reality turns out, but this is the game plan!!!!

Ohhhh new snow under the boards......so good. CC opens 12.21.17. Its stacking up. Drive safely.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Looking for some advice on a dirtbagged trip to crater lake. Coming up from reno ~6 hours as I want to ski some fresh, but haven't been up there in probably 8 years, and never in winter. Can I sleep in my truck somewhere off of 62 outside park boundaries? Between the np and klamath? Area hotsprings?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Ohhhh new snow under the boards......so good. CC opens 12.21.17. Its stacking up. Drive safely.
    Nice. I forgot what it felt like. Not sure when I will see it, but I am hoping for a fierce Jan\Feb\Mar!!!!

I'm not familiar w/ the south side of the lake but there's definitely dirtbag spots on the north side in the Umpqua and Winema NF areas. Umpqua Hot Springs northwest of the park off 138.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Hitting meadows tomorrow. Maybe somewhat close to first chair..... coming down pretty good in a Govy.

830 update. Radar is filling in very nicely. And it's dumping in Govy.

I suppose you should thank me. I'm high centered in Salt Lake City for the night because apparently rain prevents flights from leaving on time out of Dallas? FML

You busters better get some. And post pictures!

Are you kidding me...!

Just booked my 10 day trip to Bend/Bach in early April... You all enjoy today and will be living through you vicariously...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yup and I have bunches o' conferences calls to sit thru today and tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yup and I have bunches o' conferences calls to sit thru today and tomorrow...
    I share your pain from a work perspective. Friday was a long shot for me, but now Saturday is looking touch and go as the better half wants to leave Saturday morning. I am sure Jonesy and Tap will post what we missed. Watch for sharks guys!

Steady conga line from sex roundabout at 7am. Rider said he did 3 laps & done, lines crazy. Go figure first pow day since the opener. Thursday for this hack.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Looks very wintery on the TLine cam.