Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2434
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    sweet pics of a sweet day
    Crystal is one of my fav resorts in the pnw. Great stuff!

Fresh and Deep.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Monday caught me completely off guard. I have never seen such crowd in my 30 years skiing there. I’ve bumped into people who flew in from LA just to catch this storm ...so I’m thinking Monday was just an anomaly and not the norm. Fuck people, you all go back to where the hell ever you came from. And FUCK Meadows for not operating CEX. I went up there to catch those untouched 3ft+ ...but they didn’t even have enough staff scheduled to set up the fucking lines ...ahhhh, I feel better now.

Ps, K2 et.al - sorry I missed you all ...but when I rolled into parking lot at 8:45ish, I knew connecting was out of the question. Next time for sho.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2469.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	226096 nope couldn't of had to do anything to do with the 50-70mph winds and 3+ new feet of snow and this 30ft tall wind drift that grooming couldn't get to because they couldn't make it to the top of cascade due to weather throughout the night. the skiing sucked up there anyway, so you didn't miss out. i've said it before in these threads if you don't like something that's going on up there try writing them a email because they surprisingly actually read every single one of them. if you don't like the amount of people you should also suggest that day tickets should be well over 100 dollars and season pass prices should be similar to crystal or mt bachelor's pricing.

Oh, email is engaged, but it was directed at the lift ops at MHX & SSX, not CX...

I've had good responses after pulling some teeth on several issues, but lift op oversight is not one of them.

Fuck me, I will personally drive whoever is in charge of Meadows lift ops down to bachelor, pay for their lodging, beer, and lift tickets if they will but soak up the bachy lift line culture and plagiarize it at MHM.

I love MHM and will do whatever it takes to help. Pass it on. Not kidding. I'll work MX for a day and start the revolution if need be.

P.s. only crazy George cares about cx. We were told right from the start that it was storm fucked and not to get our hopes up. No worries there , but it would have been legit to run Blue. Of course SSX would have paid the price for that, given the crowd on Monday, but fuck it, I would have skied sloppy 2nds on 4 bowl for a few runs and been thankful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The lift lines at Mt B are too long...

"nope couldn't of had to do anything to do with the 50-70mph winds and 3+ new feet of snow and this 30ft tall wind drift that grooming couldn't get to because they couldn't make it to the top of cascade due to weather throughout the night. the skiing sucked up there anyway, so you didn't miss out. i've said it before in these threads if you don't like something that's going on up there try writing them a email because they surprisingly actually read every single one of them. if you don't like the amount of people you should also suggest that day tickets should be well over 100 dollars and season pass prices should be similar to crystal or mt bachelor's pricing."

Thanks for your explanation. I have absolutely no issues with patrols’ decisions ...you guys saved my ass a couple of times. Yes I suspected upper slopes were severely wind-affected ...but I would have find some pow stashes up there - silver, gold, off marmot, high & lowlands to name a few. And narrow groomers could have been cut starting early in the morning. Anyway I am not here discuss what ifs. I was just blowing little steam and didn’t mean to get anyone’s goat. It’s all good, man!

Say, noparking ...Iz Cascade open? Huh? Huh?

Name:	©hallman_7397.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	910.7 KB 
ID:	226174

sweeeet
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post

jesus great shot!

i get a couple hours of singles line on saturday while the boy is in ski school. mom joins later and the plan -- weather permitting -- is to take them down the alpine trail to the govy chevron for the first time, then catch the mt hood express back to timberline and drive home.

Good luck man. I've been missing Timberline but the crowds have been keeping my away. Actually haven't been to Timberline in over two weeks which feels very weird. Probably still stick to just Skibowl this weekend since I can.
    i get a couple hours of singles line on saturday while the boy is in ski school. mom joins later and the plan -- weather permitting -- is to take them down the alpine trail to the govy chevron for the first time, then catch the mt hood express back to timberline and drive home.

i went wednesday / saturday last week and although the drive was lunacy on saturday, lines were not bad at all.

Mt B ski report for March 1
    6” fresh - not blower but not concrete either
    Constant Wee-wee tingling turns with occasional titty shots
    Snow on OB & NW heavier than CC
    GPOs rock
    Lift lines were too long
    Carry on

Can you park a car in Govy and take the bus up? Would save some gas and time.

is this in elevator?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Can you park a car in Govy and take the bus up? Would save some gas and time.
    can't risk not getting the second bus up because it's full and missing the first half of ski school.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    is this in elevator?
    Yeah, a bit below here... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	854.6 KB 
ID:	226356

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

can't risk not getting the second bus up because it's full and missing the first half of ski school.
    We need this thing back in service!

I believe I saw this live while unloading MHX. Sick

why ? aren't you on a snowboard ? If that thing hasn't been freshly groomed you'll be fucked with two unhappy campers plus you. Alpine and the glade is so flat it makes Timberline terrain seem extreme. I haven't done it for 30 plus years and we ony did it to catch Trailways home at Huckleberry's in Govey.

i've done it a bunch of times, never groomed, and it's always been great. i usually do it to catch thr mthood express bus home from govy chevron.

Well he is a Slowboarder.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Mt B ski report for March 1
    6” fresh - not blower but not concrete either
    Constant Wee-wee tingling turns with occasional titty shots
    Snow on OB & NW heavier than CC
    GPOs rock
    Lift lines were too long
    Carry on
    Thanks for the update. They'll be worse this weekend, but I do not care! Hope to see you up on the hill!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Well he is a Slowboarder.
    i fail to see what intelligence has to with it

Still have a keen wit I see. Bachelor on your list this Spring?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363