Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    asshole snowboarders jumping and bombing all around the kid today on packed green and blue runs. i had one dude go above me off piste, go past the entrance to get to the lift, then drop right in front of me trying to go back. landed right on the nose of my board. people flying into the lift lines. nobody giving notice that they're passing close by. holiday weekends were always a bit of a drag, but watching people fly by within two feet of the kid over and over is going to cause a big fucking problem the first time somebody hits him.

yup. i'm in back taking wider turns behind him. mom's in front. nobody cut between us but there were plenty of people who blasted by within 2-3 feet of my backside and buzzed him. i saw another guy cut between a ski instructor and a 6ish year old who were 3 feet apart. several times i saw people jumping from the edges of the run into the middle at the very bottom of jeff flood, which is a somewhat steep bottleneck and was loaded with kids. honestly, today was the worst i've seen at timberline as far as people being assholes. we usually come during the week.

yeah every one of the assholes today was a snowboarder, too. thanks, guys!

Thanks Matt. Noticed that at bachelor with recent influx of jerries. I tell you one thing.... You hit some parents lil one and your going to have a bad day. No excuses. See a kido go the other way.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Fun skiing with the Puma clan this AM
    Sadly the crowds were beyond insane with racer kids and tourons.
    Outback was thin and littered with rocks and gapers at all the choke points. People stood in line for an hour to ride the White Ribbon of Beverly Hills.
    And yes, I admit to being spoiled

bad accident at rhododendron. we turned around and went through hood river.

we're home after stopping for pizza in hood river and 26 at rhododendron is still closed

Pretty:

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Ripn Rainbow
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Online right now trying to figure out what happened but not finding anything. We considered going back to Skibowl to wait it out but I'm glad we decided to go through Hood River. Trip check said it was still closed at like 11:45. Randomly stopped at Ixtapa in HR and it's identical to the one in Silverton. Big plate of melted cheeze. Hopefully will not have to do that route again anytime soon. Oh well. Hoping to get a lucky parking spot for some afternoon and sunset turns today. Time to brew another pot of coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    we're home after stopping for pizza in hood river and 26 at rhododendron is still closed

there was a little blurb on one of the local 11 oclock news last night but they even said that very little information was out. all the odot cameras were working except for the one .5 mile from the closure. i havent seen a mention of it anywhere today. i hate that last shot before rhododendron. so many people trying to speed and jockey for position before it goes to one lane each way.

i hate that last shot before rhododendron. so many people trying to speed and jockey for position before it goes to one lane each way.
    I call that The Hole Shot

Friday and Saturday

Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Friday and Saturday

I'm a big fan of this one; nice shot Tap!
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    That's how I picture myself rolling into the magic carpet at the base area when the groom is on point, but I just can't execute quite like that I'm told.

Lot of heads at the hill this weekend, but it was skiing nice and lift lines were minimal today.

When do they start charging for parking?

Bibs: So hot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    that drive would drive me crazy more than a couple times/yr.

the drive from there on (and parking) is basically why i love taking the mt. hood express. i wish it went to meadows. i was a little wound up from a long day, getting behind what was obviously something really bad and the drive home and couldn't sleep so i kept trying to find information on the crash with nothing but a long list of other fatal crashes up and down mt hood popping up until this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    agreed. both great but this one is super cool

Grazie grazie!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

yup. i'm in back taking wider turns behind him. mom's in front. nobody cut between us but there were plenty of people who blasted by within 2-3 feet of my backside and buzzed him. i saw another guy cut between a ski instructor and a 6ish year old who were 3 feet apart. several times i saw people jumping from the edges of the run into the middle at the very bottom of jeff flood, which is a somewhat steep bottleneck and was loaded with kids. honestly, today was the worst i've seen at timberline as far as people being assholes. we usually come during the week.
    Yesterday was a total shitshow there. My little kids, 6 and 4, were almost taken out several times by people not knowing how to ski or snowboard but thinking they do. I don't know if you were at the bottom of Jeff Flood around 1030am, but an adult male came in way to hot and ended up taking out the roped off area under the take off point of the chair. They had to shut it down for a few minutes and reset the ropes. Fucking gaper central at Timberline. I was going to ski again today but the coverage is so spotty now that I think I'll hold off until next weekend...add that to the gaper factor and it's not an ideal situation currently.

Still, blue skies and happy kids...fun times.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANO_20180114_094307.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	221387
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Springuary this weekend at Bachelor did not disappoint. Very "carveable" turns were had! It was nice to get back up on Summit too. Saturday was busy, Sunday was not. The change is coming! Stoked for next weekend.

Sounds like I didn’t miss much this weekend

But my legs need some turns, tho

I’m optimistic about snow levels coming down next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Sounds like I didn’t miss much this weekend

But my legs need some turns, tho

I’m optimistic about snow levels coming down next weekend
    No need to be optimistic. It's guaranteed now. And jinx-proof. WeatherMatt declared it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    No need to be optimistic. It's guaranteed now. And jinx-proof. WeatherMatt declared it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    While I share your optimism, this kind of bold message board talk is risky...