Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2434
    Lol "Timberline does not tolerate profanity or kite flying". Don't worry even Duncan knows I'm a model citizen in the lift lines. My wife took one look at that lift line picture from last week and said no way we are hiking. Then we went to a tap room Sat night and it was all over. Woke up groggy and remembering that I still had more to do to prep my house for the painters that said they wanted to start on my place in early July. Turns out early July is today and they are already working on my house.
    New plan is to sneak out and go for a skin up Palmer Wed morning but we'll see how things go.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Best windows for lift-served summer turns on Hood are in early June when the camps haven't started yet and you can ski back to the Mile and the last few weeks of August when the camps are done and the public park moves up to Palmer. Best advised to bring some cold ones for the lift lines but leave the profanity at home...

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3261.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	240584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3260.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	877.9 KB 
ID:	240585

Hit up Steens on the 1st. Ended up being a patch, so we gave it a go...
    Last edited by CelebratedSkier; 07-04-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Hit up Steens on the 1st. Ended up being a patch, so we gave it a go...
    Nice! Steens is on my hit list. Would love to get it earlier in the season sometime.

I have heard of epic 4K foot descents off the east side into the desert under the right conditions.

Let Freedom Ring! High winds on the 4th of July means free skiing for everyone. No lifts, no camps, and a very small crowd enjoying Timberline for our nations birthday.

Name:	IMG_0398[1].jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	240623
    I decided to start out in my sneakers after getting some beta from a climber from WI. Ended up making it all the way past the Silcox hut before crossing any snow. I continued on sand past midway before transitioning to skins. Watching a handful of skiers hiking features in the terrain park and hooting and hollering on their way down Palmer was very encouraging as I walked up.

Name:	IMG_0410[1].jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	950.8 KB 
ID:	240626
    Had the snowfield to myself on the ski down. Clouds and wind kept it nice and fast for the ski down all the way through the park to dirt and then it was a very short hike to my car. It was very tempting to join those kids hiking features (I would have loved another run in the pipe) but I had to get cleaned up for my concert in Mt. Angel.

Name:	IMG_0424[2].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	240627
    God Bless America!

I played trombone way back in the day

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

I played baritone tuba. Same range as trombone.

Trombonerz

Ex-tromboner here

Hey... is there anything interesting to do around Corvallis for a small family? 2-year old daughter is in the mix.

Headed there tomorrow to see a friend's wedding. Looks like we'll have Friday afternoon and all day Saturday to dick around.

We'll have mountain bikes and kid trailer, hiking boots, beach stuff.

Newport Aquarium is cool for the littles (at the coast, not Corvallis proper)

^x2

I just mentioned that in the other OR travel thread.

Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum is also cool.

http://www.evergreenmuseum.org

FWIW the Lincoln? county fair will also be in Newport this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Won't work, Beavs don't get triggered. Go south another 45 minutes if you want to ruffle some feathers.
    This. Lol.

Q....wack
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    ^x2

I just mentioned that in the other OR travel thread.

Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum is also cool.

http://www.evergreenmuseum.org
    Do this if you like planes and/or spruce

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Won't work, Beavs don't get triggered. Go south another 45 minutes if you want to ruffle some feathers.
    For reelz? try yelling go ducks...then run...but they're prolly still high and mellow from b ball.

Few months and will be back on boards. Q getting faster for sure. You guys should come down for opening at bach. I'm in eugene for the Duckn summer.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

RLK is buying Summit. Wonder what that means. Hopefully it will get me a free ride on the Summit chair since it's the only chair I have left to ride on Mt. Hood and I kinda want to ride all the chairs just to do it. Terrain is kinda neat there. Probably be a good place to add a little kid park too. I get good energy when I ski into summit from alpine. Heard some kids last year yelling back and forth about transforming to summit mode and it cracked me up.

I've got a quick trip to Bend in a few weeks. Any advice on the summer must-dos? I'll be in Bend two nights, so don't want to waste my time.

^ summer must dos in/near Bend?

More than you can get in 2 nights:
    -camping at some high cascade lakes
    -mountain biking or hiking (or mountaineering for that matter) in the high country
    -drink lots of beer (Crux, Silver Moon, Deschutes, Boneyard, many others)
    -whitewater
    -go to the Industrial (new) part of town and survey 100 people at random, asking how long they have lived in Bend, be shocked by the results

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    RLK is buying Summit. Wonder what that means. Hopefully it will get me a free ride on the Summit chair since it's the only chair I have left to ride on Mt. Hood and I kinda want to ride all the chairs just to do it. Terrain is kinda neat there. Probably be a good place to add a little kid park too. I get good energy when I ski into summit from alpine. Heard some kids last year yelling back and forth about transforming to summit mode and it cracked me up.
    i assumed Tline always owned Summit...

Charlie Wessinger aka Northwest Nordic corp. owns Summit. Somehow Bill Koch got involved which is why I think they have "nordic" in the name. Not exactly sure how their whole permit thing works or if they even control any nordic trails.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i assumed Tline always owned Summit...

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ^
    -drink lots of beer (Crux, Silver Moon, Deschutes, Boneyard, many others)
    I've been to Deschutes, 10 Barrel, and Good Life. I'm thinking I want to hit Crux for sure.

Crux is my favorite.

Worthy is cool too; best view of all of them (upstairs deck); they even have an observatory for star gazing.

depending on when you get here, Boneyard's new pub will be open.
    Ale Apothecary if they are open.
    SUP or float the river thru town, even in the evening when the bikini hatch is over.
    Or go up to Sparks Lake and SUP that aquarium.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do