Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    i was there that day. it ran like 3-4 hours after heather was closed. still freaks me out.

I was in the canyon that day too. Freaked everybody out.
    And that's just one of the fuckin.hudge.slides that happen in there all the time.

ETA - We gonna see you Saturday Puma? Jonesy and I will be there. May even see if we can get this Interloper dufus to show up for the ski-off he pussied out on last season.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I was in the canyon that day too. Freaked everybody out.
    And that's just one of the fuckin.hudge.slides that happen in there all the time.

ETA - We gonna see you Saturday Puma? Jonesy and I will be there. May even see if we can get this Interloper dufus to show up for the ski-off he pussied out on last season.
    Hello Boss,

Sorry for my late response, it was a busy day of conference calls and 1 on 1's.

We are busy this weekend. We will be there next Tuesday through the Thanksgiving weekend. We plan to hit the mountain every day, rain, snow, or shine. What's your Thanksgiving tourist dodging schedule? I still believe I owe you a few rounds at the bar!!!

The ski off sounds fun! I have not been following Interlopers comments, but appreciate the compliments I believe he directed at me...He is right though, I should retire and go skiing.

I still want that ski off with Jonesy. If memory serves correctly...it was set to be me on a board, with at least 10 inches of 31 degree snow. We will see how many knuckle dragger comments I get after that!!!! hahahaha

Stoked to get this season going. Enjoy this weekend, and see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Hello Boss,

Sorry for my late response, it was a busy day of conference calls and 1 on 1's.

We are busy this weekend. We will be there next Tuesday through the Thanksgiving weekend. We plan to hit the mountain every day, rain, snow, or shine. What's your Thanksgiving tourist dodging schedule? I still believe I owe you a few rounds at the bar!!!

The ski off sounds fun! I have not been following Interlopers comments, but appreciate the compliments I believe he directed at me...He is right though, I should retire and go skiing.

I still want that ski off with Jonesy. If memory serves correctly...it was set to be me on a board, with at least 10 inches of 31 degree snow. We will see how many knuckle dragger comments I get after that!!!! hahahaha

Stoked to get this season going. Enjoy this weekend, and see you soon!
    Don't challenge jonesy to ski offs.

That's like challenging me to a jong-off.

Also, is Thanksgiving usually that busy? I didn't think you got a lot of tourists with scheduled trips for an uncertain time of year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Don't challenge jonesy to ski offs.

That's like challenging me to a jong-off.

That is an excellent analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Wish I could find those photos again (Jan 2010?, March 2011?). The length of the path and the size of the debris field were incredible.

I think MHM's pro patrol does a fan-fucking-tastic job at opening terrain. Maybe I am becoming overly-cautious and boring, but there were plenty of days last year where I was surprised at which gates were given the green light during or right after a big storm.

FWIW, the wind was nuking up there today. Heavy wet snow was found at the lower elevations (HRM/Newton), snow was much nicer at higher elevations in sheltered spots. Going to need another foot or three before hanging up the rock skis.
    i'll look through my pictures and to give everyone a idea of the scope of how big the path is - it's one of if not the biggest slide path in a ski area boundary in north america. you're not talking about feet traveled when it happens but miles of distance.

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Buttercup, Easy Rider, Express, and Star scheduled for this weekend! Game on Meadows!

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    Buttercup, Easy Rider, Express, and Star scheduled for this weekend! Game on Meadows!
    And magic carpet, bro! Gonna try to be up early to get first carpet.

looks like they're trying to open molly's at timberline so that's good. probably one of my favorite at timberline, such as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    i'll look through my pictures and to give everyone a idea of the scope of how big the path is - it's one of if not the biggest slide path in a ski area boundary in north america. you're not talking about feet traveled when it happens but miles of distance.
    And I think it went again two seasons later in similar distance

Good stuff down there. Rode Molly's Sat and Sunday. Shouldn't be long for more terrain too. Looks like real winter weather for the rest of the week and the new forecast for Sunday is now looking more like snow than rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    looks like they're trying to open molly's at timberline so that's good. probably one of my favorite at timberline, such as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Good stuff down there. Rode Molly's Sat and Sunday. Shouldn't be long for more terrain too. Looks like real winter weather for the rest of the week and the new forecast for Sunday is now looking more like snow than rain.
    sweet! i thought it was just pucci last weekend. i'm giggly and tingly for tomorrow! sweet baby jebus i haven't been on it's been two years since i rode early season.

i'll be up tomorrow solo, sunday/wednesday/sunday with family, hopefully two weekdays the following week (bday present!). 27 days is my best. i hope to crush it this year.

With a start like it should be no problem to get you a new record this season.
    i'll be up tomorrow solo, sunday/wednesday/sunday with family, hopefully two weekdays the following week (bday present!). 27 days is my best. i hope to crush it this year.

Loving the new Yota-cams at Meadows. https://www.skihood.com/the-mountain...am-live-stream

I'll be there on Saturday.

I'm killing it Saturday at Bachelor on the Otter Mt. Express.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    If anyone is reading this and has any interest in exploring Silver-Star/Larch Mtn (WA) area, hit me up. Obviously we need more snow, but when it comes, I want to be ready. I prefer to not go-it alone.
    In. I'm already on the north side of the Columbia. And given the soul-crushing crowds and drives to Meadows this year, I'm all for more backcountry meadow skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Post script-Heard ODOT was going to use salt this Winter.
    Fuck that. Please no.

in the four years i've been at timberline i have yet to witness anything close to the shitshow that happens on a busy weekend at meadows. i prefer meadows but quit riding weekends years ago.
    It's so bad up on weekends now. Since returning to Oregon, trying to ski MHM on weekends has almost killed my love for skiing.

Loving the new Yota-cams at Meadows. https://www.skihood.com/the-mountain...am-live-stream

I'll be there on Saturday.
    Rad, thanks for the link.

I might try for Sunday. We'll see how Saturday goes with college football. Could be dangerous.

Football schmootball. I'm skipping early Thanksgiving dinner. OK, well, not skipping, but forcing 12 other people to reschedule from 3 to 6 so I can show up in my ski gear.

Anyway, Saturday looks superior, but Sunday would work if you're not looking for fresh tracks. I'll go up Sunday if Saturday doesn't kill me. I will bring extra energy chews for you too!

Looks like Huck bowl is filling in nice. Hope you had a blast out there!

Football schmootball. I'm skipping early Thanksgiving dinner. OK, well, not skipping, but forcing 12 other people to reschedule from 3 to 6 so I can show up in my ski gear.

Anyway, Saturday looks superior, but Sunday would work if you're not looking for fresh tracks. I'll go up Sunday if Saturday doesn't kill me. I will bring extra energy chews for you too!
    Hey, it's (likely) the last day of college throwball for me. And I have people over. Hard to douche out on them and go skiing, or is it? In any case, it's on me for only, finally now getting stoked for skiing.

Also, does this mean we finally get to ski together?

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Any winery reccos around dundee? The family and I are doing Bend/Portland for the holidays. Thanks

And flame away....
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Any winery reccos around dundee? The family and I are doing Bend/Portland for the holidays. Thanks
    I have not done many, but Lange is good. Erath is good value. I really like the massive house looking place on the left overlooking valley on the way to erath.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post

And flame away....
    So much judgement. Not really.

Are you looking to stay right in Dundee or in the general Willamette Valley?

Heh, Ms TBS just asked me if I wouldn't mind going skiing Thanksgiving because the house is gonna be overflowing with guests.
    OK darlin, since you asked so nicely...