Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2434
    I went by the Devils Lake trail head last week and there were at least 30 cars parked there. I doubt those folks were fishing.

$37m seems about right to me...

A teenager who started a huge wildfire in the scenic Columbia River Gorge in Oregon could owe more in restitution that he will earn in a lifetime.

Eleven requests for restitution totaling almost $37 million have been submitted to a court. That covers the costs of firefighting, repair and restoration to the gorge and damage to homes.

At a hearing Thursday, the lawyer for the 15-year-old defendant urged Hood River County Judge John Olson to impose a "reasonable and rational" amount of restitution. The attorney, Jack Morris, said ordering a boy who is indigent to pay $37 million is "absurd."

The judge said he has reviewed prior juvenile restitution cases in Oregon, and the largest figure he could find was for $114,000. He said he needed more time to review the case, and would issue a written ruling, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported .

"It is an extraordinary amount of restitution being sought," Olson said.

The teen from Vancouver, Washington, did not attend the hearing. He pleaded guilty in February to reckless burning of public and private property and other charges. Olson sentenced him to community service and probation, and the boy had to write more than 150 letters of apology to those affected by the fire that burned 75 square miles (194 square kilometers).

The teen said he threw one firework that exploded in the air along a trail and a second one that had a longer fuse and ignited brush when it hit the ground.

The flames spread quickly, forcing evacuations and the extended shutdown of a major interstate highway. Beyond the temporary inconveniences, the fire blackened the crown jewel of an outdoors-loving region for years to come.

The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area attracts more than 3 million tourists a year and holds North America's largest concentration of waterfalls. The fast-moving blaze ravaged popular hiking trails and marred stunning vistas.

Anger at the boy was so intense that authorities withheld his name to protect his safety. He's listed in court papers as A.B.

"I get to look at torched Angel's Rest every day. It will never be the same," farmer Paul Smith said before Thursday's hearing, referring to a bluff. "You can't financially quantify the damage he's done."

The U.S. Forest Service is seeking $21 million in payments and the Oregon Department of Transportation wants $12.5 million. The other requests for restitution range from $4,563 to $1.6 million.

The restitution is solely the responsibility of the teen, not his parents, who came to the U.S. from Ukraine.

State law allows the Oregon Department of Revenue to garnishee the teen's bank accounts or paychecks. If he's due refunds on his tax returns, the state could take those. If he wins the lottery, the state also could collect all of his winnings.

Hood River County District Attorney John Sewell said state law gives the judge some leeway in restitution cases, such as halting payments after 10 years if the teen stays out of trouble or deciding not to garnish wages.

"It's not as draconian and absolutist as defense argues," Sewell said.
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/tee...lion/751501948

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3307.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	236326

Nice day on Bach today, will be sitting out the PPP shit show tomorrow.

^Hit me up if any of you Bend mags head up to Timberline to avoid PPP. I bet traffic is a mess. I'm planning to head up early for a skin then I'll be playing at the resort. Lifts turn at 8 now so we'll see how early I can really get moving.

My radio landed on 95.1 a couple of days ago and I haven't changed it. La Pantera. Pretty much got sick of everything else and it sounds like a party. Some damn good horn parts on some of the songs too. Think it's based out of Monmouth but my Spanish isn't the best so I'm only comprehending about 2/3rd of it.

Name:  20180518_101230.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  30.7 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180518_101053.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	236335

Nice, you guys enjoy!!

mom didn't want to give up the free night at timberline even tho she can't ski post-appendectomy so we got a boyski day. and another tomorrow before we book home for soccer. also played 18 this afternoon at resort at the mountain. nice little courses (3 9s) and well maintained. best of all: free round from the golf show. $45 value and i played alone so just me and the boy on a cart for 18. holes. nice day.

Name:  IMG-20180519-WA0001.jpeg
Views: 329
Size:  10.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Name:  IMG-20180519-WA0001.jpeg
Views: 329
Size:  10.5 KB
    Looks great 🐆 where is it?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

timberline near the bottom of magic mile.

top:

Name:  20180519_080945.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  20180519_081803.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  41.9 KB

5 min later

and now ski race team have taken over almost the entire west side of magic mile with 7 lines of gates

Show em how to straightline

hee hee straightline to tomahawk is my thing. i hit 52 on my gps before i moved up to palmer and went faster but took pix and accidentally turned off my gps. now it is soup and ride by feel

i don't know what that means but i assume that the gps is not accurate. i don't take it as very accurate. my internal gps is calibrated to 1. this is easy 2. this is doable with minor consequence. 3 . if i crash here/at this speed, i will get fucked up.

The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'll be back in OR for two weeks, I arrive tomorrow. I'm around until June 1st. Anyone want to make some turns on hood?

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Epidural injection today
    Fentanyl ftw
    Hoping to feel back to “normal” in a couple days for the first time in months

I'm hoping to make it up for turns at Hood Thurs-Monday when my fusion pass runs out. If weather is at all decent I want to skin up from the top of Palmer. Thursday is probably the best bet to go high but weird weather forecast so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Flowings going to close down Bachelor this weekend
    I'll look for your rig in Lot Four, South.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

right on buddy!! glad to hear you’re in good shape

Great to see you are still getting after it with the fam! Have a blast down there!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Epidural injection today
    Fentanyl ftw
    Thats scary stuff… I was on a regimen of fentanyl for awhile (12+ years ago, when I had a little less to lose), not under the supervision of medical professionals… extremely potent and potentially life-altering. Best of luck to you A, I hope it takes care of you.

Thanks again for the trip to Meadows… it was the last time I had boots on, and I’m still thinking of that run down Ab-MAG.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    I'm hoping to make it up for turns at Hood Thurs-Monday when my fusion pass runs out. If weather is at all decent I want to skin up from the top of Palmer. Thursday is probably the best bet to go high but weird weather forecast so who knows.
    I have to work Thursday. I'm keeping my eye on the forecast; I will be available Fri-Mon for sure. If you head up: let me know. I’m also interested in snowdome/elliot side.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Yeah Matt! Guessing that AB-Mag day will be on the podium for years.

AC, they doing anything to treat the source? Sounded an awful lot like pinched nerve.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

right on buddy!! glad to hear you’re in good shape

We will be there too. It would be great to make some turns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Epidural injection today
    Fentanyl ftw
    Oh yea, those can be fun.
    Where did they put the steroid? Cervical spine? Rotator cuff?

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Thats scary stuff… I was on a regimen of fentanyl for awhile (12+ years ago, when I had a little less to lose), not under the supervision of medical professionals… extremely potent and potentially life-altering. Best of luck to you A, I hope it takes care of you.

Thanks again for the trip to Meadows… it was the last time I had boots on, and I’m still thinking of that run down Ab-MAG.
    DEEEP!
    lemme know if you're considering eastern OR next year at all...gotta get the legs back after sitting these months

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yeah Matt! Guessing that AB-Mag day will be on the podium for years.

AC, they doing anything to treat the source? Sounded an awful lot like pinched nerve.
    yep, injection is as much diagnostic as curative...next step if injection is successful is to consider surgery to open the zone nearest the nerve impingement permanently

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Oh yea, those can be fun.
    Where did they put the steroid? Cervical spine? Rotator cuff?
    C6-7
    I think it's starting to work!

hopefully you get more of this!