Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2434
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenab View Post
    Attachment 253035

Snagged this from Blue cam this morning. Sad it looks like its going to get rainy by tomorrow.
    so exciting!!

Fresh set of X-Ice on the subie. Fresh Billygoats. Ready for the season.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Fresh set of X-Ice on the subie. Fresh Billygoats. Ready for the season.
    Glad to see you back in game E.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I remember. The slower your movements the faster you go. Will Q catch me this year? :-)

Yeah Bobby, I'm gonna need Ry to do MRT this year so he can do a better job of keeping up with E and Q this spring.

Word. Night skiing rules.

I want to take a camper trip to Meadows and Hoodoo this year. What's the overnight setup like at/near those hills?

The dew has rv hook ups.

Just talked to my kid about doing the Saturday and Sunday MRT. He looked like I said "Disneyland." So I guess I finally need to get that camper I'm always talking about because I'll be damned if I'm gonna drive up that godforsaken mountain both weekend days.

I can camp in Bennett lot if Meadows is full, eh?

A few nights of that and I'm guessing I'll be missing Bachy camping pretty quick.

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Norse
    There is limited overnight parking. I’m not up on how early you have to be there to secure a spot. Midweek I’m sure is easy enough.
    There’s a port a potty nearby, but I believe they tell you no facilities provided & no hookups. There should be a blurb on the website.
    [edit] here it is: https://www.skihood.com/plan-a-trip/...ght-rv-parking

Mattig, there is Saturday only too, but it sounds like this pushes you into “needing” a camper so I won’t say anything about it. Glad he’s stoked! (Wish mine would get into it)

Yeah, but I'm right back to sprinter vs slide in camper. Sprinter actually looks more economical if I'm going up there a lot, and I could park it in my driveway. Downside is that would have to replace my truck.

Better decide quick I guess!

Thanks for the link, A.

No hookups is ideal IMHO.

Matt, you have a Tundra, yeah? I overload mine with an old beater Northern Lite 8.5 and love it as a ski rig. Mando heavy leafs, airbags, sway bar... but it's better than not having a ski camper.

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

The most direct potty to parking is the heated one just outside the med clinic entry...not open all night, but has been open early for my earliest arrivals.

And they say 14 spots in that blurb but it always seems to be expanded for deep days when I roll by

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yeah, but I'm right back to sprinter vs slide in camper. Sprinter actually looks more economical if I'm going up there a lot, and I could park it in my driveway. Downside is that would have to replace my truck.

Better decide quick I guess!

Do it! You won't regret it.
    Van > truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thanks for the link, A.

No hookups is ideal IMHO.

Matt, you have a Tundra, yeah? I overload mine with an old beater Northern Lite 8.5 and love it as a ski rig. Mando heavy leafs, airbags, sway bar... but it's better than not having a ski camper.
    Correct, but unfortunately I'm an idiot with a crewmax. If I keep it, I'll add a spring and air bags. Already got the sway bar.

Based on how 3000lbs of gravel felt without suspension mods, I'd consider a Lance 625, but would probably limit myself to 4wc hawk or Hallmark exc. Sucky part is I'd need to leave it at my Bros house 3 miles away or leave it on truck full time.

I've been really close to an impulse trade in on a long box 3500 but that's a 20k swing just for the truck. I'm not a dentist.

All things considered, I think I'd rather trust my family's safety and snowy lot mobility to a 4wd pickup over a ghey little German van for hipsters. Hopefully someone saves this post if I end up with the van.

Correct, but unfortunately I'm an idiot with a crewmax. If I keep it, I'll add a spring and air bags. Already got the sway bar.

Based on how 3000lbs of gravel felt without suspension mods, I'd consider a Lance 625, but would probably limit myself to 4wc hawk or Hallmark exc. Sucky part is I'd need to leave it at my Bros house 3 miles away or leave it on truck full time.

I've been really close to an impulse trade in on a long box 3500 but that's a 20k swing just for the truck. I'm not a dentist.

All things considered, I think I'd rather trust my family's safety and snowy lot mobility to a 4wd pickup over a ghey little German van for hipsters. Hopefully someone saves this post if I end up with the van.

I'll go ahead and save it now, lol.

Agreed... vans are only cool once you're a few ten-stacks into a 4wd model. Full size truck with good tires and camper go fkn great in the snow. If you use a truck for truckish things anyway, adding a camper is comfy cake and cheap. My old NL was $3k five years ago.

Don't get a pop-up unless you want to get up in the night to clear heavy snow lest be crushed. And they need indoor parking in the NW to dry out the fabrics.

Tangent complete... sorry to intrude, fine southerly kinfolk... hope to make tracks soon.

Whatever you do, don’t get a blue one

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    The dew has rv hook ups.
    Or Ray Benson < .5 miles away w/snopass if no hookups is cool.

If memory serves a night in Hoodoos lot is about as much as a full winter snopass...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'll go ahead and save it now, lol.

Agreed... vans are only cool once you're a few ten-stacks into a 4wd model. Full size truck with good tires and camper go fkn great in the snow. If you use a truck for truckish things anyway, adding a camper is comfy cake and cheap. My old NL was $3k five years ago.

Don't get a pop-up unless you want to get up in the night to clear heavy snow lest be crushed. And they need indoor parking in the NW to dry out the fabrics.

Tangent complete... sorry to intrude, fine southerly kinfolk... hope to make tracks soon.
    No intrusion at all. Thanks for the info, and for forcing me to buy a new truck and a more expensive camper. The wife is going to be crashing with us 80% of the time, so I'm gonna have to go a bit bigger on the camper.

All that sounds expensive enough that I might just live with clearing snow off a pop up for a year. I look at it this way: if it's snowing that much on a Saturday night, I'm gonna be stoked enough that I won't care.

Anyway, I better shut up about all this lest Tap shows up to get this thread back on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Whatever you do, don’t get a blue one
    I want a Denali and they don't even make a blue one anymore!

1 ton truck (pick your brand, they all have ups and downs) + basement model Northern Lite or Bigfoot. Get a late 90s/early 2000s camper, lighter and more utilitarian than current models but have better electrical, appliances etc than the early 90s stuff. You don't need granite countertops. /2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    1 ton truck (pick your brand, they all have ups and downs) + basement model Northern Lite or Bigfoot. Get a late 90s/early 2000s camper, lighter and more utilitarian than current models but have better electrical, appliances etc than the early 90s stuff. You don't need granite countertops. /2 cents
    Thanks Woodrow. I'll broaden the search.

I'd love it if they made a shell model like the popups do. Gonna be cozy with 3 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    come on you got to have the GRANITE....lol
    always forward but never straight

You could just stay at the Cascade Ski Club. I spent many a night there my first season here.
    Training for Alpental

me too i was just thinking about him

Might be one of the Bendites