Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2336
    Great day yesterday. Blue skies and fast sliding. Still skiing onto the mile and a strip still goes to the lot but not for long. Started out rock hard all the way to the lodge. Lots of racers early and they were the only ones liking the race ice like conditions up top first thing. Most of the racers were clearing out by noon and midway was still fast till we closed it down.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0311[1].jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	238838
    Mrs. OregonDead gets the west side all for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    How are wyeast and cooper spur looking for skiing?

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Let us know if you find out! Was thinking of going for the Spur next week if things still look halfway decent.

Climbed at Bachelor on Friday. Parked at the Sunrise Gate and climbed from there. I hit pretty consistent snow just below the base of Summit Lift. It was a bit thin in places, but the snow quality was good due to the partially overcast sky keeping the temp down.

I see July turns being available for at least the first part of the month.

Thanks to the new management for honoring a long established practice and not attempting to stop climbing and skiing in the off season! A real improvement that deserves acknowledgement and support!

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Found these

Name:	D30285D9-072C-4142-93C7-9DE6584C0FCE.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	632.8 KB 
ID:	239788

Name:	IMG_1614.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	239789

Gonna mount em up and see if they explode

Long skis truck
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Q reports good skiing from a recent freeze thaw cycle.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

What other beta can you find out from Q? Will you please ask him if the Mile still ski on or are people carrying on to the Mile now? Has Q been in the public park? Is it still down on the mile?
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Q reports good skiing from a recent freeze thaw cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Found these

Name:	D30285D9-072C-4142-93C7-9DE6584C0FCE.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	632.8 KB 
ID:	239788

Name:	IMG_1614.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	239789

Gonna mount em up and see if they explode
    Beautiful
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    What other beta can you find out from Q? Will you please ask him if the Mile still ski on or are people carrying on to the Mile now? Has Q been in the public park? Is it still down on the mile?
    I should get a full blown report by the evening.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

timberline report courtesy ski camp brat

skiing to magic mile from palmer is now 2 short carries
    there is a public lane from top to bottom with sliver to LoT
    mostly mush after 11 but salted lanes firm throughout
    girl got run into by another and cut arm to bone was gross
    lodge bathrooms are much cleaner than those at camp
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

When I saw your son last I asked him if was gonna work on his rail sliding this year. He didn’t seem to think that was funny...
    Hope he’s having a good time. When does become a coach?
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

rail sliding, you funny guy!
    for those that don’t know, young Q compound fractured his arm jumping rails at ski camp last summer, day 1 of a 3 week camp. ER in Hood River could only mobilize it and dope him up. I picked him up at hospital and drove him back to Seattle where he had a rod placed in his arm. 3 weeks later he returned to ski camp with a full cast, rod and instructions to not crash or use poles.
    The staff was so impressed with his tenacity and desire ski, this summer they invited him to be camper staff for 4 weeks, added to the 3 that he is currently attending as a camper.
    7 weeks of ski camp, i’m so jealous.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Dang, I canít think of anything more fun than that for a 14yo

7wks away from home...

...skiing too

From the few times Iíve seen Qís IG feed, itís all ladies who comment...he must be as smooth a talker as he is a skier

Name:	IMG_8101.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	240138
    10am today
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Dang.
    What are the camp travel days? Anyone know if Windells/Highcascade still takes Sunday off as a travel day?

10am today

only specialized camps on Sunday the mainstream groups travel. Q mentioned tue/wed as the only days i’d tolerate. otherwise the packs of yoots absolutely dominate 90% of the lift line and NONE of them have any urgency to hustle in line.
    fact that i taught the boy some skills in line snaking and he’s got that low center of gravity, i have no doubt he’s maximizing his laps.
    he’s psyched that he’s able to raft the deschutes, climb at smith rock, participate in paint ball and show off on the trampoline. besides skiing and campfire shit last year, he wasn’t allowed to do the other fun shit. no skateboarding
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

10am today
    That is insane.

July is traditionally the peak for lift lines so no surprise there. My wife is wanting to go up and I'm hoping to get my July turns out of the way but my wife doesn't have a lot of tolerance for smelly little girls or their coaches. Hmmm. I guess I'll have to watch the weather and see. If it gets cold enough it will stay plenty fast for us till 2 and the girls complain if their coaches make them ski after noon.
    only specialized camps on Sunday the mainstream groups travel. Q mentioned tue/wed as the only days iíd tolerate. otherwise the packs of yoots absolutely dominate 90% of the lift line and NONE of them have any urgency to hustle in line.
    fact that i taught the boy some skills in line snaking and heís got that low center of gravity, i have no doubt heís maximizing his laps.
    heís psyched that heís able to raft the deschutes, climb at smith rock, participate in paint ball and show off on the trampoline. besides skiing and campfire shit last year, he wasnít allowed to do the other fun shit. no skateboarding

Best windows for lift-served summer turns on Hood are in early June when the camps haven't started yet and you can ski back to the Mile and the last few weeks of August when the camps are done and the public park moves up to Palmer. Best advised to bring some cold ones for the lift lines but leave the profanity at home...
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

Lol "Timberline does not tolerate profanity or kite flying". Don't worry even Duncan knows I'm a model citizen in the lift lines. My wife took one look at that lift line picture from last week and said no way we are hiking. Then we went to a tap room Sat night and it was all over. Woke up groggy and remembering that I still had more to do to prep my house for the painters that said they wanted to start on my place in early July. Turns out early July is today and they are already working on my house.
    New plan is to sneak out and go for a skin up Palmer Wed morning but we'll see how things go.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Best windows for lift-served summer turns on Hood are in early June when the camps haven't started yet and you can ski back to the Mile and the last few weeks of August when the camps are done and the public park moves up to Palmer. Best advised to bring some cold ones for the lift lines but leave the profanity at home...

Q mentioned it being coldest day in last 2 weeks
    compounded with 20-30mph winds not summer.
    5 kids with broken bodies last week/96 campers
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Name:	IMG_3261.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	240584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3260.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	877.9 KB 
ID:	240585

Hit up Steens on the 1st. Ended up being a patch, so we gave it a go...
    Last edited by CelebratedSkier; 07-04-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Hit up Steens on the 1st. Ended up being a patch, so we gave it a go...
    Nice! Steens is on my hit list. Would love to get it earlier in the season sometime.

I have heard of epic 4K foot descents off the east side into the desert under the right conditions.

Let Freedom Ring! High winds on the 4th of July means free skiing for everyone. No lifts, no camps, and a very small crowd enjoying Timberline for our nations birthday.

Name:	IMG_0398[1].jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	240623
    I decided to start out in my sneakers after getting some beta from a climber from WI. Ended up making it all the way past the Silcox hut before crossing any snow. I continued on sand past midway before transitioning to skins. Watching a handful of skiers hiking features in the terrain park and hooting and hollering on their way down Palmer was very encouraging as I walked up.

Name:	IMG_0410[1].jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	950.8 KB 
ID:	240626
    Had the snowfield to myself on the ski down. Clouds and wind kept it nice and fast for the ski down all the way through the park to dirt and then it was a very short hike to my car. It was very tempting to join those kids hiking features (I would have loved another run in the pipe) but I had to get cleaned up for my concert in Mt. Angel.

Name:	IMG_0424[2].jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	240627
    God Bless America!