Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

I’m getting excited for some more of this!

And this

And some more of this!

Bring it!

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    So much judgement. Not really.

Are you looking to stay right in Dundee or in the general Willamette Valley?
    Near dundee so we can walk home after “tasting”. Looks like there are plenty of options.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I have not done many, but Lange is good. Erath is good value. I really like the massive house looking place on the left overlooking valley on the way to erath.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thank you sir.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

The pow sickness is spreading.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Near dundee so we can walk home after “tasting”. Looks like there are plenty of options.
    guessing lange is about a 40 minute walk to dundee. erarth is perhaps 30. all along 2 lane country road. i would investigate uber/lyft and hit whatever is best for your needs. argyle is right in dundee. big, with a bubbly focus i believe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Ahh. Well, in that case, hit 'em all. Plenty of in town tasting rooms. For grub, I suggest Red Hill Market. It's a nice, chill, sort of rustic place. I make it a point to stop there every time I'm through there on the motorcycle.

I have to recommend Willamette Valley Vineyards since I'm an owner. Not in Dundee but we have tasting rooms in Tualatin and McMinnville as well as our main tasting room just south of Salem. https://www.wvv.com/Visit-Us/Tualatin They have nice tastings and I liked to go to WVV even before I owned stock.
    What are you looking for? Generally the Dundee area is too $$$ and snooty for me. I'm gonna gag the next time someone tells me about the flavor of the earth or white river rocks. Just let me taste the booze, If you want to sell it say, "this is really good hooch, or this shit is even better" I do not eat dirt or rocks and I'm probably not going to spend big$ on a bottle if that's how it's described. My brother likes to taste there though so I can get you recs on the hottest pours if you let me know your price range.
    Eola Amity AVA is really good IMO and not as much traffic as the Dundee area. At opposite ends of the spectrum go to Cristom if you want to spend $$$ or just go to Eola hills if you want to taste lots of wine and get a buzz on. My parents like to go to Stangeland for the meatballs.

Any winery reccos around dundee? The family and I are doing Bend/Portland for the holidays. Thanks

And flame away....

Hey, it's (likely) the last day of college throwball for me. And I have people over. Hard to douche out on them and go skiing, or is it? In any case, it's on me for only, finally now getting stoked for skiing.

Also, does this mean we finally get to ski together?
    Okay okay, I'll let it slide if you're hosting. That's a bit different. And yes, this year if we're on the same mountain for 3 days in a row, we'll have to make the time this time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bobcat: sounds great re silver star.

today was an awesome day of pow-farming on mt hood. Got in 12 laps and walked in the door, in Pdx, at noon. 11th lap was the best of the day (right after this picture, for those counting tracks). Started nuking at Tline when I left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	216380
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Okay okay, I'll let it slide if you're hosting. That's a bit different. And yes, this year if we're on the same mountain for 3 days in a row, we'll have to make the time this time.
    Name:  hell-yes.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  27.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post

today was an awesome day of pow-farming on mt hood. Got in 12 laps and walked in the door, in Pdx, at noon. 11th lap was the best of the day (right after this picture, for those counting tracks). Started nuking at Tline when I left.

Excellent.

Next week is shaping up to be rather slow at work. I'd be up for a few dawn patrol laps, if you want some company. I might be a bit wheezy in the first few laps.

You'll be ok bobcat, fat kid is a beginner.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post

Nicely done.

PowFarmer
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Jonesy! Fucking fantastic to see you (digitally). If you didn't read back in the thread, we'll be down for New Years and Presidents. My wife keeps talking about how she'd love to see you and show you her tits. She said she was mesmerized by what you could do with 163cm race skis.

In other more Mt Hood-focused news, Ho Li Fuk! 12 inches in 12 hours (giggity) and still quasi-nuking in high 20's temps. https://www.skihood.com/the-mountain...am-live-stream

Stoked for tomorrow.

Jonesy's day just got a little brighter

mattig, we'll be up there for the morning session

To rock ski or not to rock ski? that is the question for meadows tomorrow

Good to hear the ski families are hitting this year. Looking forward to riding with yall.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Jonesy's day just got a little brighter

mattig, we'll be up there for the morning session
    Awesome. Same. Same clothes as last year? I'll look for green, you look for yellow, and maybe we'll ski half a lap. Gonna be taking it easy due to my off-season conditioning regimen (mostly drinking, fishing and swearing).

dk blue jacket for me this year, but i haven't gotten any shorter

i've talked with two groups of parents at my kid's school in the past week -- at least 4 separate drivers -- who ski semi-regularly on mt. hood and don't use snow tires and only rarely chains. that's just nuts to me. am i nuts?

Maybe they have AWD and really good AS tires with plenty of trend on them? Works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I used to do that but I had 4 wheel drive and good AT tires. It's still nuts if you can afford better tires. IMO it sucks to put on chains even if it's only rarely.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i've talked with two groups of parents at my kid's school in the past week -- at least 4 separate drivers -- who ski semi-regularly on mt. hood and don't use snow tires and only rarely chains. that's just nuts to me. am i nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    No. You're not nuts.

Those people are the same beaters taking up both fucking lanes of 26 and causing a mile long back up.

Good AS tires are... well, good. Proper snows or studs are better. And absolutely worth it.

Nokian WR G3. True 4 season for smaller wheels. We run those on wife's small SUV.

Gonna see how the ko2's do to start the season, but if I can't rally past the beaters, I'll put the studs back on.

No. You're not nuts.

Those people are the same beaters taking up both fucking lanes of 26 and causing a mile long back up.

Good AS tires are... well, good. Proper snows or studs are better. And absolutely worth it.
    i only say rarely chains because they were mentioned as an afterthought. the impression was that they never use them, just have them. i feel sorta bad because i'm sure i looked aghast.

i hate putting chains on but i had no problem doing it when i was driving a honda civic with snow tires, although chains were rare. i've driven by too many wrecks coming back from mt hood to not want snow tires at a minimum even with the subaru.

i hate driving on snow, not because of the snow or because i don't think i can do it but because of other people and the margin for error is so small, whether the error is mine or theirs.