Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
Having Trout and Bass in the same river is an anglers paradise. I used to mostly go for Salmon and Trout on river banks but never turned down the opportunity to go Bass fishing.
When I retire I'll get back into it. All the local placed here are over fished and over crowded so fishing now is a ful day event.
How busy does it get in an around Hancock ?
There are a lot of fishers, but there is a ton of water. West Branch, East branch, Main Stem, and the tributaries of both branches hold an amazing number of fish, and some serious monsters. The dry fly fishing on the upper west is Gnarly. There are many large targets, they have an incredible abundance of forage, and are wild and spooky. The fly has to be perfect, the presentation has to be perfect, and the water is often very clear. Throwing a size 16 Sulfer out into a sea of emerging bugs on 6x tippet to a 5+ pound wild fish after 100 refusals is a test. To get a take is a win. Then you're tethered to a large fish in a pretty big river with very light tippet. To land one of these is a lifetime achievement for any angler. I have better luck nymphing and swinging Isonichia and other wets, but that's not why folks go there. It's all about the dry fly fishing, that's what makes that place special.