Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post
    I once mistook a woman wearing a similar outfit to this at Deer Valley for the rare clouded leopard.

That's just a clouded cougar out on the prowl. They're all over the place in Deer Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Guy on a Buffalo was huge in the Special Collection of possibly NSFW Junk thread back in 2012 . It is a 4 video set.
    Legend has it that the wild cougar straight up mauled the dude out of nowhere during filming and instead of helping him, the filmaker just kept the camera rolling.
    Pretty f'n crazy, and that would account for the air of authenticity it had... but the baby and crossing the stream. Total hilarity. Guy deserves an Emmy just for riding a buffalo around. I remember seeing it before in that thread now that you mention it. Good recall by you.

You'd think these things would be showing up on game cameras... seems like everyone has one set up.

This is from Italy, but pretty cool:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

There is a certain way a mountain lion moves. It strikes a chord in the lizzard brain. That and the tail make them unmistakable for anything else.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3825311

Fur traps in eastern Canada showed results from two cougars - the video also looks suspicious

Cripes. Now I have the "Guy on the Buffalo" song stuck in my head.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You played this one perfectly, you don't have to be able to run fast when in the mountains, you just have to be able to run faster than at least one person in your group. Always good to bring a fat guy along.*

* Unfortunately, when I am in the mountains with friends, I am usually the fat guy.
    I laughed

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    This is from Italy, but pretty cool:

How on earth did you find that? It has 13 views!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Lynx population has made a nice rebound in Northern Maine and are driving the bobcat South.

Had a couple guys with a lot more time in the woods than me tell me to my face they have seen mountain lions.

Will be interesting to see which one the mountain lions or the wolves are the first to set up a permanent population in NE
    Saw a big one between Jackman and Rockwood in July. Dad and I were headed out for something from camp and watched it come out of the woods, stroll across the road and dissappear on the other side probably 500 yards in front of us. Took us a second but we both blurted out "mountain lion" at the same time. Unmistakable profile and the bulk of the long tail is a dead giveaway.

Plenty of lynx in that area the past few years too. Be interesting to see what I come across in November. Rumour has it there are some wolf coyote hybrid around, but not sure I belive that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Cool story bro but we are talking about eastern mountain lions. They are way sneakier than those western pussies.

Holy shit I'm dying.
    I still call it The Jake.

Cripes. Now I have the "Guy on the Buffalo" song stuck in my head.
    This one is catchy too.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Probably just a catamount.

Thought I remembered something about this being on NPR...

http://wnpr.org/post/could-mountain-...s-deer-problem

Seems the one that was hit in Conn. inspired a bit of conversation.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Probably just a catamount.

Thought I remembered something about this being on NPR...

http://wnpr.org/post/could-mountain-...s-deer-problem

Seems the one that was hit in Conn. inspired a bit of conversation.
    Mountain lions will only help solve Conecticut's deer problem if they can refrain from running the things over. Which based on the evidence seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    once he weaved huge blunt into the yarn I was all in.
    At the point, I realized the story was really about a small deer. No doubt he did shit himself, though.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    How on earth did you find that? It has 13 views!
    I roll with an exclusive crowd...

(It was on National Geographic's site, but I found it on youtube.)
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You played this one perfectly, you don't have to be able to run fast when in the mountains, you just have to be able to run faster than at least one person in your group. Always good to bring a fat guy along.*

* Unfortunately, when I am in the mountains with friends, I am usually the fat guy.
    Just kick someone in the knee!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Buttah - I'll bet it was legit. A local kid (here in central NH) took a picture of one in his backyard last year. It's tail was concealed by the bushes, so "officials" said they couldn't confirm what it was. Every other part of it looked exactly like a mountain lion.

Back in the early 90's, there was a high school kid out running in CO, who was killed by one. That story still freaks me out. Scary animals for sure.

When I was dispatching in Pueblo CO there was a wilderness ranger who had a real close encounter with a group of cats. We were listening to him on the radio sounding really, really scared for his life, and working the phones real hard to find a helicopter to launch to hopefully spook them away from him. It was gnarly but he was OK, I think his name was Jeff Thompson...if any of you know him, I know it's a small world in the forest service and whatever. I recall he actually swatted one of them with a shovel.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.denverpost.com/2005/08/25...patrol-policy/

I have to say, it was a harrowing thing to listen to, knowing at each radio silence this guy might be getting eaten alive out there. High stress deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    At the point, I realized the story was really about a small deer. No doubt he did shit himself, though.
    Area was crawling with moose. Here is a pic I took of a big male from a safe distance on the same day

guy on a buffalo is oarsum
    Last edited by scottyb; 09-22-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Ok, this was just sent to me. It from a hunters game cam in Deerfield NH.
    So...what is it!?

A huge pussy
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

So far, we have had about 10 sightings in Tennessee. Many of which were in Humphreys County west of Nashville. Genetics studies from hair collected they were similar genetically to cougars in South Dakota.

On the above pick, don't think it is a cat, more likely in the canine family.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ok, this was just sent to me. It from a hunters game cam in Deerfield NH.
    So...what is it!?
    That's very credible
    If only there was something to measure it's size or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    So far, we have had about 10 sightings in Tennessee. Many of which were in Humphreys County west of Nashville. Genetics studies from hair collected they were similar genetically to cougars in South Dakota.

On the above pick, don't think it is a cat, more likely in the canine family.
    Yeah, the state is looking for hair or a good pic. They still don't have any solid evidence, but they're not ruling it out. This mentions the mtn lion in CT that came from SD.