Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Green Bay? What to do?

i'm doing a quick trip to green bay (staying in appleton) for a packers game and i'm wondering what i should see and do? I've setup a stadium and hall of fame tour but wondering what else to do? any particular spots worth seeing for Packer fans? good bars or restaurants?

also what are the best way of seeing players or getting autographs?

thanks!

What game are you seeing?

gulp down some brandy old fashioneds, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    What game are you seeing?
    Bears thursday night

Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 09-19-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    gulp down some brandy old fashioneds, of course
    haha i'm sure i can do that

do what your avatar is doing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cool. I'll be there for first time on Sunday.

go bears!

packers suck and their fans are hicks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Do a mustache count.

Hire a guide and go walleye fishing on the Fox River.... or head out and fish for salmon on the Big Lake.

Bears Packers is likely the biggest event of the year in GB, until ice fishing time.

I say drink a bunch, eat a ton of delicious unhealthy food, and pack so you can get the hell out of there asap.

Nothing like kids getting served at the bar, small fucking humans not old enough to drive and we are not talking midgets. Discovering that gem was the highlight of my trip to Green Bay.

"Persons under age 21 may possess and consume alcohol beverages if they are with their parents, guardians or spouses of legal drinking age; but this is at the discretion of the licensee." https://revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-atundrg.aspx

There are a lot of tap rooms and breweries in the area such as Titletown Brewery which has a tap room and bar on the roof along the Fox River. Hinterland also has good beer and recently relocated next to Lambeau Field. In Hinterland's old spot along the Fox River (across the street from Titltown Brewery) there is a new brewery called Copper State Brewery. Badger State Brewery has a tap room located near Lambeau Field. Green Bay Distillery is also in the area as well.

If you bring your bike there a nice 10 mile singletrack trail at the Reforestation Camp and there if also a decent zoo there is you're interested. The trail doesn't have a huge elevation change (300 or so feet), but the singletrack is tight in areas and flows well.

Well, I grew up in Appleton so I can tell you that College Avenue is the scene on most nights. Most of the bars are pretty good. The Wooden Nickle, The Philling Station, Cleo's (Christmas all year round in there) and some others. I'm assuming you're staying at the Paper Valley Hotel so all those are within walking distance.

There's some really nice parks around Appleton and some cool ones down by the Fox River. Peabody Park was one of my favorites. There's a few museums down in the flats, the first hydroelectric plant was there on the Fox and a Houdini exhibit.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend fishing in the Fox unless you want to eat a bunch of PCB's.

When you are at Lambeau I would strongly recommend eating a burger across the street at Kroll's, seriously. There's Kroll's East and West, West is the one by Lambeau and East is a cool little place with a ton of history.
    There are some pretty hip bars in downtown Green Bay and a good brewery there, Titletown which serves some pretty decent beers for Wisconsin (although they still need work on their IPA's IMHO)

If you can find a Friday night fish fry I'd tell you which one to go to, but there are so many, we used to go to Happy Corners, 5 Corners, VFW's, taverns whatever, same deal, good fried cod or haddock and lots of lager and Old Fashioneds.

Hope that helps.

Take a drive into Door County, (Door Penninsula), berry nice this time of year. Stop at all roadside taverns.

Well there's the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee, that's only about 2 hours away. Oh and it's not very good. We also went to the Milwaukee Art Museum, which was pretty decent (cool building at least) but security followed us through the entire museum like we were about to steal something off the walls, so that was kind of weird.

Lambeau's in a residential neighborhood. Tons of houses right by the field have the garages turned into bars, with big screens and decoration and, probably, beer. I don't know if strangers are welcome or if it's just friends, but it seems like it would be easy to wrangle an invite from the drunks on the sidewalk out front. The wife was not up for it so I couldn't find out, but it looked fun.

Cheeee-eeeese.
    I still call it The Jake.

Fried Cheese Kurds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appleton standard operating procedure...stay at Radisson Paper Valley Sat night, eat dinner at Lombardi's followed by shutting down Cleo's.

Get up in the AM, big breakfast while still intoxicated and start all over again with tailgate at Lambeau.

Awesome advice dudes!! minus the pro Bear fan comment....

I'm only there for a short time as we have a wedding we need to get to on Friday. I'm excited to eat a ton of crappy/wicked food...

There's supposedly really good golf at the American club about an hour south of town in Kohler. We stayed there and it was nice, but it was midwinter so no golf. Well also we don't play.

One thing you do need to do is find out where to get a bloody mary. Wisco has legendary bloodies, they're like a meal.

edit: google says Rumrunners is the call. Here's one of their bloodies with the mandatory (included) beer chaser:

(I think that one has to be fake but what do I know?)

Drive through Door County up to Washington Island. Take the ferry across and pick berries, walk along the shore. It's nice up there, spent a bunch of time there way back when.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Catch the fish, don't eat the fish. Kroll's for butter burgers. Blackwolf Run is a kick-ass golf course in Kohler.