Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Was just there yesterday! Went musky fishing on the bay then dinner at Mackinaw's. Couple sitting next to me said the 2 best places were Titletown and Mackinaws's. And Yes I did have a brandy old fashioned! Maybe more than 1.
    Muskies are coming back in the bay, I hear.

Love the smallie fishin with a fly stick around Sturgeon Bay. Those things should be heading into shallower water soon. One of the best fighting fish on any light rod. And, they grow em big there....just like the women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    how's Appleton and GB safety wise?? should i be worried walking around at night or is it like most areas? just be vigilant and aware? I'll have a rental car and the wife rarely drinks so will most likely be driving most places.
    are you fucking kidding with this shit? wear a vikings hat, pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The kid's only supposed to have a couple so he can drive home when Dad's hammered. It's just to help them pass the time while they wait.
    closing in on 40,000. jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    how's Appleton and GB safety wise?? should i be worried walking around at night or is it like most areas? just be vigilant and aware? I'll have a rental car and the wife rarely drinks so will most likely be driving most places.
    Just don't refer to a bubbler as a drinking fountain and you'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Just don't refer to a bubbler as a drinking fountain and you'll be OK.
    I was born in central WI, and when I moved to Utah all the kids in school made fun of me for this.

Whoever said fish fry up above is spot on. One of my favorite things about going back.

Depending on what the foliage is doing, you could just spend a few hours driving around. I don't think it'll be deer season when you are there, but if so, stay out of the woods.

Not sure where you are coming in from, but Madison is a really cool town, too. Would be worth checking out if your travel lines up.

Brewers might back their way into the playoffs. It's possible you could catch a game in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Was just there yesterday! Went musky fishing on the bay then dinner at Mackinaw's. Couple sitting next to me said the 2 best places were Titletown and Mackinaws's. And Yes I did have a brandy old fashioned! Maybe more than 1.
    Of the best places to eat in Green Bay neither of those places would make my list. Titletown is very hit or miss with food and I've only been to Mackinaw's once and was not impressed. I like Titletown's beer and head there with co-workers every once in a while for happy hour, but rarely eat there anymore. For food there are better places. Proof in DePere has a very good burger and their drinks are good as well. Plae Bistro has good food and Hinterland is a good place near the Stadium though I liked them better when they were downtown.

For the best fish in the area aside from Friday Fish Fry go about 45 minutes east of Green Bay to Algoma on Lake Michigan. It's a small dive bar with fantastic old fashioneds (I prefer whiskey sour) and really good fish. Their menu is ever changing and have fish that you normally won't find in WI such as Waloo or Barumundi. It's a small place so expect a wait. On the bright side while waiting head over to Ahnapee Brewery's Tap room and have some great beer or VonStiehl winery next door to the brewery and have a glass of wine.

You can still find plenty of Friday Fish Fry's around, but since the perch fishery in the Bay of Green Bay 'crashed' they aren't as good as they used to be.

Fall colors are really starting to come in though they probably won't be peak by the Packer-Bear game. A drive up USH 141 and IH 41 north of town will be better and you could stop at multiple waterfalls in Marinette County. The County has several county parks and offer a guide pamphlet to all the waterfalls in the area.

For kids there is the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary near the Bay of Green Bay. Kids often like the interaction they get with some of the wildlife and there is some interesting information and displays.

Lastly yes people like to joke about WI and cheese, but it really is good. Fresh (and I stress fresh) cheese curds are tough to beat and WI produces some of the best gouda around. There are plenty of cheese stores around the Green Bay and Appleton areas. You'll find more world champion winning cheeses in WI than pretty much anywhere else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I meant to reply but got sidetracked. Seriously wtf? Man as a FIB with lots of family up there (more Milwaukee but whatever) I do miss fish frys.

won't be doing that! not out of fear but mainly because the vikings are a dog shit franchise.... haha

If he wanted to be proud of a middle-age, past-their-prime midwesterner with no chance of ever getting a ring, he'd just carry around a picture of DD's mom