Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Cool. I'll be there for first time on Sunday.
    nice! should be able to get back on track against the bengals i'm hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's supposedly really good golf at the American club about an hour south of town in Kohler. We stayed there and it was nice, but it was midwinter so no golf. Well also we don't play.
    Ha. Who the fuck is playing golf anymore

Packers suck boy
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Fried Cheese Kurds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. Get many of these and eat em.

It's in Wisconsin, isn't it? Buy cheese. Lots of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Nothing like kids getting served at the bar, small fucking humans not old enough to drive and we are not talking midgets. Discovering that gem was the highlight of my trip to Green Bay.

"Persons under age 21 may possess and consume alcohol beverages if they are with their parents, guardians or spouses of legal drinking age; but this is at the discretion of the licensee." https://revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-atundrg.aspx
    That's fucked. Who's supposed to drive you home if your ten year old is also shitfaced?

The kid's only supposed to have a couple so he can drive home when Dad's hammered. It's just to help them pass the time while they wait.

All of the above recommendations are great. Especially Titletown. The rooftop is chill & the free table tennis in the lower section is fun. Maplewood meats for all your grilling needs. Check out where the Pack played before Lambeau, City Stadium right next to East high. Ride the zippin pippin, Elvis' favorite roller coaster at Bay Beach. You can find all the Packer gear you need at the pro shop, but there is another shop on Holmgren way called the Green Bay jersey store or something & I've found stuff there that they didn't have at the pro shop. The tours are awesome, & definitely check out the hall of fame. Start working on screaming "Go Pack Go!"

Kinda sad that apparently the only thing you can do in GB / Fox Cities is eat and drink. We just moved from Appleton after 32 years to a country setting west of Milwaukee. Appleton is fine, very middle class with lots of bars, a few decent restaurants and "a great place to raise a family". Honestly GB is pretty much a slum, a few good bars, some average restaurants, mostly WI Supper Club style which is ok but not more than two stars. While the micro brew pups are good the rest of downtown GB is awful, rundown with plenty of empty storefronts. Consider this, NFL teams stay 25 miles away from GB in Appleton. There is not a hotel with the facilities necessary to host an NFL team in Green Bay. The Radisson Paper Valley in Appleton badly needs a facelift (supposedly in the plans) and has been sold several times in the last ten years as it teeters on insolvency.

Hit Celo's right down the street, opens at 2:00 PM with drink prices well below anywhere else I have ever visited. Lombardi's restaurant inside the Paper Valley is ok, not great. As a visitor I would go to Fratello's on the Fox River for dinner. It is a former Kimberly Clark power generating station with good food and better atmosphere and views. Get a window table even if you have to wait for one. Someone mentioned the Wooden Nickel, it is a bar with a few TV's and a grill that makes your cloths smell like greasy grilled hamburgers when you leave.

Have fun

That reads like it came directly from the Green Bay Office of Tourism.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That reads like it came directly from the Green Bay Office of Tourism.
    Nah, I was being kind.

BTW, you fish walleye on Lake Winnebago if you are going to eat them. If you want to catch and release big fish right below the De Pere dam on the Fox River is a hot spot...... for fish contaminated with PCB's

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    One thing you do need to do is find out where to get a bloody mary. Wisco has legendary bloodies, they're like a meal.

edit: google says Rumrunners is the call. Here's one of their bloodies with the mandatory (included) beer chaser:

(I think that one has to be fake but what do I know?)
    The Bloodies right outside the stadium at the Tundra Tailgate Zone tent are huge and as Wisconsin as you'll need. Also seeing the players go in is super easy and you can get super close. IIRC correctly they come in close to the main entrance just ask around. We just pay to park in the KMart lot right next door for the tailgate. Couldn't be easier. Getting out of there takes a while though and traffic is bad halfway back to Milwaukee (where we turn off to get back to Iowa).

Was just there yesterday! Went musky fishing on the bay then dinner at Mackinaw's. Couple sitting next to me said the 2 best places were Titletown and Mackinaws's. And Yes I did have a brandy old fashioned! Maybe more than 1.

What did they pack in GB?

Perhaps there's a museum devoted to packing things displaying the different tapes used and stuff?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

haha yah i've heard that GB itself isn't overly glamorous but i'm excited to see the football history. We are staying at the courtyard marriott in Appleton as well.

Green Bay? What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post

Perhaps there's a museum devoted to packing things?
    They packed meat and they packed it in your moms box, guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post

Perhaps there's a museum devoted to packing things displaying the different tapes used and stuff?
    Named after the Indian Packing Company who packed and canned meat i believe. They loaned the team some money when they started on the stipulation that the team was named after them. Company was also called Acme meat packing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Kinda sad that apparently the only thing you can do in GB / Fox Cities is eat and drink. We just moved from Appleton after 32 years to a country setting west of Milwaukee. Appleton is fine, very middle class with lots of bars, a few decent restaurants and "a great place to raise a family". Honestly GB is pretty much a slum, a few good bars, some average restaurants, mostly WI Supper Club style which is ok but not more than two stars. While the micro brew pups are good the rest of downtown GB is awful, rundown with plenty of empty storefronts. Consider this, NFL teams stay 25 miles away from GB in Appleton. There is not a hotel with the facilities necessary to host an NFL team in Green Bay. The Radisson Paper Valley in Appleton badly needs a facelift (supposedly in the plans) and has been sold several times in the last ten years as it teeters on insolvency.

Hit Celo's right down the street, opens at 2:00 PM with drink prices well below anywhere else I have ever visited. Lombardi's restaurant inside the Paper Valley is ok, not great. As a visitor I would go to Fratello's on the Fox River for dinner. It is a former Kimberly Clark power generating station with good food and better atmosphere and views. Get a window table even if you have to wait for one. Someone mentioned the Wooden Nickel, it is a bar with a few TV's and a grill that makes your cloths smell like greasy grilled hamburgers when you leave.

Have fun
    When was the last time you were in Green Bay? Sounds like you are describing the city when I was a kid. It is a lot different. For one Broadway doesn't look like it used to. From the Cannery Market to the Black Cat Cafe it has changed a lot. The east side of the Fox River has changed even more.

Someone mentioned Zippin Pippin, but Bay Beach is closed during the week and only open on weekends through the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    When was the last time you were in Green Bay? Sounds like you are describing the city when I was a kid.
    I dunno...different, but the same. I was there a few weeks ago and it looked like there wasn't much to do except eat, drink, and Packers. We had kiddos, so we stayed at Tundra Lodge. We ate at Titletown Brewery and went to Lambeau. Titletown was pretty good and Lambeau is amazing. The kids loved the waterpark. BUT, aside from that stuff and a few other brewpubs (previously described), it looked like a lot of empty store fronts and not much to do.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    it looked like a lot of empty store fronts and not much to do.
    Well, this is pretty much the rust belt in a nutshell, sad to say.

Yet, there actually are a couple good places to eat that have been added to the scene in the last few years.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    They packed meat and they packed it in your moms box, guy.
    Nice. Must have been one of the rare days your ass wasn't accepting any more of it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

how's Appleton and GB safety wise?? should i be worried walking around at night or is it like most areas? just be vigilant and aware? I'll have a rental car and the wife rarely drinks so will most likely be driving most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    how's Appleton and GB safety wise?? should i be worried walking around at night or is it like most areas? just be vigilant and aware? I'll have a rental car and the wife rarely drinks so will most likely be driving most places.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McZ2H_Iqx4g

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    When was the last time you were in Green Bay? Sounds like you are describing the city when I was a kid. It is a lot different. For one Broadway doesn't look like it used to. From the Cannery Market to the Black Cat Cafe it has changed a lot. The east side of the Fox River has changed even more.

Someone mentioned Zippin Pippin, but Bay Beach is closed during the week and only open on weekends through the end of the month.
    A month ago and downtown still sucks

Downtown Green Bay is usually pretty good. There are some rougher areas in Green Bay, but I doubt you'll be around those areas. There is a boardwalk along the Fox River on the east bank that gets plenty of traffic at night and there are some bars that have outside areas along the boardwalk. Broadway Street along the West Bank of the Fox River is good in the downtown area (Titletown Brewery area). Around the Stadium is also not a bad area to walk around.