Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You've already pulled the trigger, but RPCs are the shit. Best all-around ski I've been on for in and outta bounds. They're FAR stiffer and less rockered and less cambered than the wailers everyone feels compelled to whine about in RPC threads. 60 mph in the alpine might be pushing it for the pures if it's not pow, but you're getting a big ass BG if you're doing that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    .They're FAR stiffer and less rockered and less cambered than the wailers everyone feels compelled to whine about in RPC threads..
    well yes so why does everyone whine about Wailers, and why did they design the RPC to ski BIGGER and if you already had wailers and were underwehelmed what are the chances you would try another ski that had wailer in the name ... why is it our fault that we didn't love them?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Talk to me about skiing trees on the cd114's. Wondering how they will do for my storm-day spots
    The 189's come around fast enough. With the float they have you're more on top of the snow so throwing the tails out is easy. They have less tip and tail rocker than some of the other options you're looking at so they probably ski a little longer. Might be a downside if the trees you usually ski are pretty tight.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    You've already pulled the trigger, but RPCs are the shit. Best all-around ski I've been on for in and outta bounds. They're FAR stiffer and less rockered and less cambered than the wailers everyone feels compelled to whine about in RPC threads. 60 mph in the alpine might be pushing it for the pures if it's not pow, but you're getting a big ass BG if you're doing that anyway.
    This, I have a whole pile of skis and the RPCs are the best skis I have ever been on. You can absolutely rail on groomers with them and in pow the tip doesn't ever sink. I wouldn't go 60 mph in the alpine either, if it wasn't pow, but in pow or on gromers they don't have a speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well yes so why does everyone whine about Wailers, and why did they design the RPC to ski BIGGER and if you already had wailers and were underwehelmed what are the chances you would try another ski that had wailer in the name ... why is it our fault that we didn't love them?
    I stand in awe of your sentence construction.

I agree it probably sucks more than the wailer but I was hired for my looks not my typing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The RPCs seemed awfully heavy the times I've checked them out.

I'm with XXX on the RP112L: I love my old lotus 120s, dislike the RP112s. The new loti (my latin is rusty) 120s have too much rocker for my tastes. I do think DPS has made some odd choices in design lately.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

If you like katanas, try the vwerks carbon katanas.

I have a pair mounted with ions, and they rock in all conditions.

I ski the metal katanas in the resort.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sounds like you need some Billy Goats (the touring version). Or those Bibby tours you mentioned.
    Don't get them. Follow this prohpet's advice instead.

You're welcome.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Don't get them. Follow this prohpet's advice instead.

You're welcome.
    Ended up copping a pair of down cd114's for cheap from a fellow mag. Looking like bibby tours are gonna be my christmas present to me

Big fan of the RPC 2.0 Powderworks coming from Lotus 120's, 138's and Wailer 112's. 112's were way to turny and loved to bury tips in deep pow, never liked the flat tail of the 120 and 138's were fun when the time was right. The RCP 2.0 seems to initiate turns in pow very similar (likely because of similar tip shapes) to a 138 and at 6'5" 240 I've yet to bury a tip on them and like big, open turns over meadow skipping. Sold everything in my quiver this year and have one RPC for the resort with Pivots and one set for BC with kingpins. I ski these every day of the year at Mary Jane in the bumps / trees and love them.

Oh and evo.com right now has the Powderworks RPC for $629. Don't need to be a dentist to afford that.

sruff: check your pm
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I am posting my questions in here as I can not find the original DPS RPC Thread and the title is so matching to my situation.

I have my hands on an RPC in Hybrid in 186cm; used for a reasonable price but I am really not sure it is the ski I should get.
    To my current quiver: I have a old pair of Movement Logic X for long tours (more oriented to the summit than the decent) than got off my 189 Rossi Squads as the where too heavy for me to walk uphill even a little and replaced with Lotus 120 190cm (Pure 3) three winters ago as some Powder Skiing was coming up. I also got the original DPS Spoon for cheap and skied those for quite a few days in bottomless conditions. So on the wide side I'm dialed.

I ski mainly in Swiss backcountry, never ski switch and like wider radius turns. I am 180cm tall and TGR would advice me to eat something if I told you my weight.

Now I will stock up on a race carver for days with friends on groomers but still I am missing a proper everyday ski to ski groomers, bumps, tracked powder, untracked but not ideal conditions and so on. This ski might get some Shifts on it to be really in the middle between resort and freeride/ short tours terrain for average and often changing conditions.

Do you think the RPC might be to consider the offer at hand and me loving the L120? If you consider it to wide (one of my mayor concerns) would you think it might still fit in nicely between some 100mm and the L120 that it would make sense to use the offer anyway?

I would be glad to hear you opinion on the RPC in general, too.

Thanks!

Meh, not thinking it’s for your intended use.

Love the 120. Own 2 pair of 200cm.
    Have rpc (but in pure), do like it, but it’s not a resort charger for me. I need metal.
    Would be a great touring charging ski since it’s light, but you already have touring and powder skis.

It will rail groomers, can ski bumps as well as expected, but like all DPS, mixed cut up pow gets bounced around.

If the price is right, try it, you can always resell. But for me, the mixed resort ski days with damp metal on my feet are so much more comfortable.
    . . .

I'm right around your height and weigh about 150 pounds and use a pair of 192 Pures that I picked up from a fellow mag as my daily driver. I'll echo what others said in that it definitely isn't the ski if you're looking for a ski to destroy crud (especially at my weight), but I've never felt that they're too wide for any inbounds usage, and they absolutely kill it on groomers and relatively untracked pow. Granted, I haven't gotten the opportunity to ski a huge range of skis like many others on this board and I'm coming from a pair of 179 Lhasa Pow's, but I absolutely love them and never felt that they're too much ski for someone of my size. I've never skied on a pair of L120s, but I tour on a pair of RP's and much prefer the stability and stiffness of the RPC inbounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Have rpc (but in pure), do like it, but it’s not a resort charger for me. I need metal.
    Shouldn't there be metal in the Hybrids?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    Shouldn't there be metal in the Hybrids?
    There should be, perhaps, but there isn’t. Only a brief foray for the W105 and a couple others with the metal (T2) layup.

So now I went for them - do you think it is worth to mount them with Ions / Radical / KingPin / Shifts / ATKs and get skins? I think they could even in the heavier Hybrid version be a good choice to go into resorts but do some sub 1.5h hikes to gain some untracked.

On the other hand there are L120 already that have IONs on...

Boots will be Lange Freetour XT 130.

Any thoughts?

And what is the word on the mount point?