Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Club Med All Inclusive Ski Trip

Has anyone done a Club Med ski trip?
    For the price it seems like a good deal but are there caveats to be concerned with?

Your insight would be much appreciated

Conversely is there other tour operators that offer basically the same thing you can suggest as an alternative?

Thanks

One for the breakfast buffet crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Club Med - good times!
    Looking forward to the TR

But what if I hate golf and I don't wanna play lacrosse?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Club Med - good times!
    Looking forward to the TR

OMG still laughing. His Sammy Davis Jr. Is killing me

IDK if you tip people by the "inclusive" 15%, you're just another cheap fucking asshole. YERP isn't that expensive and club med is like taking a cruise with a bunch of pansies that want to feel special. If you like that cozy feeling, buy all means necessary.

This is something I would do if I didn't like skiing and wanted to tell my coworkers that I was going on a ski trip.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    IDK if you tip people by the "inclusive" 15%, you're just another cheap fucking asshole. YERP isn't that expensive and club med is like taking a cruise with a bunch of pansies that want to feel special. If you like that cozy feeling, buy all means necessary.
    Sickturd
    You make some valid points because I hate snobs especially Ski Snobs but all I'm considering for the 1st time is a trip where all I have to do think about Skiing and nothing else.
    Please forgive me. I mean no offence. I'm just asking a question
    Cheers

https://www.clubmed.us/l/all-inclusive-ski-vacations - Love the picture of three chicks on snowshoes with the title "The Best Place to Ski - SKI WITH COMPLETE FREEDOM".

I take this to mean you'll have the best ski trip of your life on snowshoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    all I'm considering for the 1st time is a trip where all I have to do think about Skiing and nothing else.
    Then have a travel agent book you a place slopeside and hire a guide to show you around.

But I'm guessing you're trolling...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

But I'm guessing you're trolling...
    Not at all

Never skied Europe and I'm curious about the concept.

a travel agent
    \

They still have those?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Isn't whistler kinda like yurpasia?
    No. It's like Australia North.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Not at all

Never skied Europe and I'm curious about the concept.
    Then book at a resort/hotel and hire a reputable guide. I think VRBO or Airbnb are better values (and you can find some awfully nice places to rent), but there's also more effort and risk associated with it. Plenty of info on here and elsewhere on where to go, what guide to get, etc. You can plan a really great trip without a ton of effort or cost by researching online and speaking with people who have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    They still have those?
    No idea. I assume so, but I've never used one.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-19-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Then book at a nice resort and hire a reputable guide. Personally, I think there's better bang for your buck booking at a VRBO or airbnb, but there's also more effort and risk associated with it. Plenty of info on here and elsewhere on where to go, what guide to get, etc.

No idea. I assume so, but I've never used one.
    Hiring a guide would be priority one.
    As for the rest booking Air Bnb or VRBO does present some anxiety but when the opportunity presents itself I'll explore all options.
    Thanks

Hiring a guide would be priority one.
    As for the rest booking Air Bnb or VRBO does present some anxiety but when the opportunity presents itself I'll explore all options.
    Thanks
    Read hutash's report (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ive-you-lemons). An excellent guide can help you figure out logistics (including knowing when conditions are bad enough to bail on skiing to go rock climbing), which it seems like is a main reason you want an "all inclusive" type trip.

photos

Hiring a guide would be priority one
    I'd have put money on you hiring a colorist before a guide.

Back in the day, we did numerous Club Med vacations with the kids. Most relaxing trips ever. I too have always wondered about doing a CM trip in Yurp. Half day lesson, then free ski in the afternoon. Great apres ski fun, a nap, then dinner and a show. We always met the nicest people, many who we stayed in touch with for years. I mean it sounds good to me if your not after the gnar and are just looking to improve your game and keep the non skiing misses happy. CM is at some really nice resorts too, but I understand we are all training for AK.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

For all inclusive Yurp without the pretense, do UCPA. It's as authentically French as can be, so you need to find that a benefit rather than a hindrance or it will bother you. Sadly, I am now too old and married, but some very good memories from my misspent youth at the UCPA lodge in Argentiere.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Your insight would be much appreciated
    STDs

Is Club Herpes, er Club Med, still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'd have put money on you hiring a colorist before a guide.
    Yes my beard and most of my hair is gone white. I guess having that Euro trash look would be par for the slopes.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Back in the day, we did numerous Club Med vacations with the kids. Most relaxing trips ever. I too have always wondered about doing a CM trip in Yurp. Half day lesson, then free ski in the afternoon. Great apres ski fun, a nap, then dinner and a show. We always met the nicest people, many who we stayed in touch with for years. I mean it sounds good to me if your not after the gnar and are just looking to improve your game and keep the non skiing misses happy. CM is at some really nice resorts too, but I understand we are all training for AK.
    Well that sounds pretty good. Where did you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by mogul5480 View Post
    For all inclusive Yurp without the pretense, do UCPA. It's as authentically French as can be, so you need to find that a benefit rather than a hindrance or it will bother you. Sadly, I am now too old and married, but some very good memories from my misspent youth at the UCPA lodge in Argentiere.
    I'm too old for the age limit but like PNWbrit said if I get hair colour right maybe I can pass for 39 or has the rule changed?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    My Mountain Co-Op!
    yeah, this!!
    Thanks for the plug Bobby

I'm sort of curious to see what happens in this thread... back in the 80's when I was a total hack (but a young stud haha) I seriously considered a copper mtn club med ski vacay...
    Never happened cause I spent too much money actually skiing (dirt bag like of course) lots of days.

Well that sounds pretty good. Where did you stay?
    Before they closed them, we stayed at Ixtapa for two Xmas breaks that the kids loved, Cancun for our honeymoon and Puerto Vallarta to conceive our first child (wife was preggers by time we arrived) so she slept and I had a blast.

The Mex Clubs were always a blast with scuba diving, archery, tennis, the circus trapezes and all of the goofy shit they did throughout the day. I loved those vacations, as did the family. If the Yurp ski clubs are half as fun, just go unless your want the gnar of a AK Heli ski trip.

I have looked at a few of those Clubs in the past and would love to go to France or Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.