Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Before they closed them, we stayed at Ixtapa for two Xmas breaks that the kids loved, Cancun for our honeymoon and Puerto Vallarta to conceive our first child (wife was preggers by time we arrived) so she slept and I had a blast.

The Mex Clubs were always a blast with scuba diving, archery, tennis, the circus trapezes and all of the goofy shit they did throughout the day. I loved those vacations, as did the family. If the Yurp ski clubs are half as fun, just go unless your want the gnar of a AK Heli ski trip.

I have looked at a few of those Clubs in the past and would love to go to France or Italy.
    Great story. Cheers

And here I was thinking that I would miss Epic ski being shut down. This place is even better.

The week at Copper Mountain was quite memorable. It was the 1st Colorado experience with my ski group.
    I bailed on the lessons after the first morning. I can't do Conga line skiing on a powder day. I rejoined them for Race Day. Took 2nd, on my powder boards. Jaegermeister!
    Trading your boots for warm slippers while on lunch break. Tables covered with French delicacies. Lots of wine. The frogs legs.
    Of course the hot tubs and the stewardesses' legs.
    That silly song that stuck in my brain.

Yeah, I had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The week at Copper Mountain was quite memorable. It was the 1st Colorado experience with my ski group.
    I bailed on the lessons after the first morning. I can't do Conga line skiing on a powder day. I rejoined them for Race Day. Took 2nd, on my powder boards. Jaegermeister!
    Trading your boots for warm slippers while on lunch break. Tables covered with French delicacies. Lots of wine. The frogs legs.
    Of course the hot tubs and the stewardesses' legs.
    That silly song that stuck in my brain.

Yeah, I had a good time.
    Damn it, I knew i was missing something back in '84...

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Damn it, I knew i was missing something back in '84...
    Gary, you might've missed out on Club Med back in '84, but you're right on the money for maxing out a Club Mez vaca in 2018! January is low season, it's just you and a dozen or so empty atco trailers to fill with yer ski buddies and bunnies! Bear Pass gnar only 12 minutes drive away! b.y.o. heli and poach the lfh terrain!

Check out the lodging: Upgrade to the "Black Diamond" rooms for T.G.Gnar skiers!

Name:  meziadin_holdings_01_640.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  meziadin-junction-camp (1).jpg
Views: 214
Size:  35.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MeziadinCamp.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	212708

Name:  meziadin-junction-camp.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  34.8 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Gary, you might've missed out on Club Med back in '84, but you're right on the money for maxing out a Club Mez vaca in 2018! January is low season, it's just you and a dozen or so empty atco trailers to fill with yer ski buddies and bunnies! Bear Pass gnar only 12 minutes drive away! b.y.o. heli and poach the lfh terrain!

Check out the lodging: Upgrade to the "Black Diamond" rooms for T.G.Gnar skiers!

I was thinking damn, that doesn't look too far from Juneau. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Is Club Herpes, er Club Med, still a thing?

It became employee housing
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post

Guido, the chances of this happening are very very good this season! Thanks for the reminder!