Photo editing question

What editing settings do you use to make photos look better shot in bright light, more or less towards the sun (not into sun)? IE. A photo shot of mountains looking south in the middle of the day...how to remove that blueish tint to them and give them definition?

Don't take the picture into the sun in the first place?

In all honesty, the "dehaze" slider might work a little bit in Adobe Lightroom, but there's not a whole bunch else you can do.

Photo editing question

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Don't take the picture into the sun in the first place?

In all honesty, the "dehaze" slider might work a little bit in Adobe Lightroom, but there's not a whole bunch else you can do.
    I knew that was coming

It's those south facing mountain shots that are the problem. Can't help it if the nice view down the valley faces that way!

I'll play around with that. Maybe also take down the mid level contrast.

Photo editing question

Are highlights or lowlights clipped? The "bluish tint" is likely white balance. I'd bring down highlights, bring up shadows and then raise exposure until you are a little to the right of a bell curve. Then use the GND tool to fix you white balance on the mountains so you don't lose any color in the sky you have. Maybe post photo for better feedback.
    Last edited by splitter; 09-18-2017 at 08:14 PM.