Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Didn’t quit make it to Revy. We had another 5. Boot deep freshies in south, Montana was nice . Wonder how far south down the highway that 30+ will be? Nakusp maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Knee deep freshies and dumping hard all day at Red today, with no line ups. Tomorrow should be even deeper.
    wow, that was isolated, we didn't really get much. You might win this round! Nice!

that storm seems stuck over big white, we can see the moon.

What's the road from Kelowna to Rev like these days? Can I get away with 2wd and some careful driving for a rental car next week?

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    What's the road from Kelowna to Rev like these days? Can I get away with 2wd and some careful driving for a rental car next week?
    Really depends on the day/Weather on how it goes. Lots of 2wd’s in any condition do it though daylight and super early is best to avoid the traffic and av control at 3 valley gap. Next week does look warm(plus temps), subject to change of course

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    wow, that was isolated, we didn't really get much. You might win this round! Nice!

that storm seems stuck over big white, we can see the moon.
    Yes, 35cm vs 8cm (48hr snow totals as of this morning) is a rare but decisive victory in the endless Red vs Whitewater pissing match.

Haha! Ooooh there.s some sweet lines to be had at red today, will be a fun one!

Meanwhile i see blue sky while they still tell us it.s coming.

Did a heli bump last week out of 3 valley (ish). Was rad, yo-yo'd all day up high then skied back down to the valley!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G1056966.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	226499

Name:	G1076996.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1,012.2 KB 
ID:	226500

Name:	G1087018.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	226501

Name:	G1097126.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	226502
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Well I did it. Quit my job. Taking now until mid may off . So far so good. Would be nice to see the alpine again though.

Name:	IMG_3342.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	226512

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Certainly a shift in the storm track that’s been skunking Revy hard compared to anything west or south. All time conditions at Red, Silver Star, Big White and Mount Baldy that have seen more snow in 1 day then the last 2 weeks at Revy. They are already exceeding the average max alpine snowbase this season which are numbers that we hit by late March on the best years.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Did a heli bump last week out of 3 valley (ish). Was rad, yo-yo'd all day up high then skied back down to the valley!

Name:	G1056966.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	226499

Name:	G1076996.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1,012.2 KB 
ID:	226500

Name:	G1087018.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	226501

Name:	G1097126.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	226502
    Sweet! How much does something like that cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Well I did it. Quit my job. Taking now until mid may off . So far so good. Would be nice to see the alpine again though.

Name:	IMG_3342.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	226512

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Good one. 20 years from now you wouldn’t remember the work but you’ll remember the touring . guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Certainly a shift in the storm track that’s been skunking Revy hard compared to anything west or south. All time conditions at Red, Silver Star, Big White and Mount Baldy that have seen more snow in 1 day then the last 2 weeks at Revy. They are already exceeding the average max alpine snowbase this season which are numbers that we hit by late March on the best years.
    I’m sure it’ll happen for us. Not if but when/fingers crossed. Skied pretty good today, not 40cm good but everything was open

Southern BC interior 2017/2018

Yessir day was bueno too

https://instagram.com/p/BfznA9MgQR-/

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Sweet! How much does something like that cost?
    It was very reasonable. Will Pm you

Mt Baldy is claiming 86cm in 24 hours!?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    There is a section of trees up above silver star road that looks pretty good right now. In between Sovereign lake XC and the garbage dump. Drive up to the sled parking lot at the top of Sovereign and ski back down to SS rd. Its south facing and rocky but this year the coverage is all time. Terrain looks really fun. Nice trees, they were logged due to pine beetle.

Also, anywhere from Coldstream to almost lumby is great this winter. Open grasslands north side of HWY 6. Pretty amazing that there is 2ft-3ft of snow in there and it is March. Drive until you see a nice steep area and pull over and skin up.
    Nice tip. I liked your mini TR from Adventure Bay last year. Meadow skipping 101

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Mt Baldy is claiming 86cm in 24 hours!?
    Seems a bit suspect. I had friends driving in from Vancouver yesterday, and they said the roads were clear through that area. The roads here are a nightmare, it’s been snowing constantly, and our totals are only 30cm ish per 24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Seems a bit suspect. I had friends driving in from Vancouver yesterday, and they said the roads were clear through that area. The roads here are a nightmare, it’s been snowing constantly, and our totals are only 30cm ish per 24 hrs.
    I saw "insta" evidence of the big snow. And some of the small resorts in the states close to the border got 2'. The radar sure lined up.

I know some folks with a cabin up at Baldy. Based on their reports, I'm inclined to believe the numbers. Apparently it's been relentless the past few days.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Apparently the mountain verified the snow reports. Not too hard to believe given that the same storm that gave 50-60 cm to the okanagan - boundary resorts was pretty much parked on top of Baldy.

On a side note conditions at Revelstoke vastly improved on the upper half of the mountain... Forecasting "trace" amounts of snow last night and today became 26cm over 24 hours and little wind in the alpine. High winds and smaller accumulation on the lower mountain as the storm seemed to be tracking NE to SW, which is pretty unusual.

Cold smoke on both sides and not many people for a weekend

Apparently the mountain verified the snow reports. Not too hard to believe given that the same storm that gave 50-60 cm to the okanagan - boundary resorts was pretty much parked on top of Baldy.

On a side note conditions at Revelstoke vastly improved on the upper half of the mountain... Forecasting "trace" amounts of snow last night and today became 26cm over 24 hours and little wind in the alpine. High winds and smaller accumulation on the lower mountain as the storm seemed to be tracking NE to SW, which is pretty unusual.
    We have been having the same thing too with storm stracks out here in Whistler
    I think it has to do with a dominant arctic high that is only just letting the incoming lows thru, but still heavily influencing the general area. Lots of very light snow / cold temps (for the coast anyway). We have had a few W / NW storms this year, especially in the past two weeks, that as soon as the snow stopped we were right back to north winds.

The snowpack has tightened up a bit, but still pretty fun. From this morning:
    https://youtu.be/TT4z8OYUNTQ

Skied Red today, it was phenomenal even with not much new snow overnight. Still plenty of stashes there so going to ski Red again tomorrow. Heading east to Whitewater afterwards and will be there until Friday if anyone wants to link up.

Knee deep blow face day of exploring and hitting trees with the sleds on Sunday. Stability was excellent with about 40-60cm of good snow on a supportive base. Good travelling conditions in the southern monashees.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9Xd5yl...uecollarpowder

Near the top of the spine zone

Name:	20180306_103050.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	450.4 KB 
ID:	227018
    Last edited by el hefe; 03-06-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Same in the corridor here. A little thinner on the solar aspects, but east and northern were over the hood fantastic this weekend.