Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Fun skiing thru some big ol cedars today
    Looks 'Gorge'ous...even if it wasn't at the Gorge. Just been wanting to use that pun.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 01-17-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Looks 'Gorge'ous...even if it wasn't at the Gorge. Just been wanted to use that pun.
    Monashees so close enough. Was running out of ideas . Snow is back now. Hammering big fat flakes atm. Hope you’re getting sum o this

Snow is back now. Hammering big fat flakes atm. Hope you’re getting sum o this
    Right on man good to hear the snow's back for ya. As for here; oh, yeah...big time, boss, big time. Hammering down Rupert coastal style sleet so gotsta be puking rabbitskins above 1000 feet atm.

'rain chain' on the porch indicating a 3-4cms/hour snowfall rate above the snowline:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080250.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	221590

screen shot of shames webcam right now:

Name:  capture1.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  2.8 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Haha rabbitskins eh. Sweet . Fingers crossed for teh rabbitskins here

Was gifted this insulated peak performance for christmas and i already have a few jackets, anyone wanna trade for some snowpants?

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app

Jeepers it deep out there.

Skiing this last week has been interesting... storm slabs have been super reactive. Burnt a bit of gas instead.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Was up at kootenay pass over the weekend. Snow was pretty touchy in a pit we dug, but actual skiing didn't produce much in terms of snow moving. Lots of ski cuts that didn't do anything. That said, we still stuck to fairly conservative terrain. Skiing was good above ~1800 meters. Below that got increasingly dust-on-crust-ish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feeling drained from unending snow clearing around the house, and skiing 30cm of new snow bell to bell yesterday at Red Mountain, but we just another 29cm overnight.

All that snow sounds great, arriving in BC in less than 2 weeks. Planning to ski Red, Whitewater, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Fernie and Castle. Already have an RCR Rockies card for discounts at Fernie and Kicking Horse, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to find less expensive lift tickets than buying at the resort ticket window?

Yesterday, Wed am at Red. Same today.

Sent from my SM-T580 using TGR Forums mobile app

So much snow! I shoveled for two hours yesterday... we get a short break today then more more more. My yard's snowpack is about 3 feet.

There's now 5 campers parked at the hitching spot to ww. A few have been there a couple weeks. This is a new phenom.

skuff depending on how long you are here, WW and maybe Red have multiday cards. Other than that a hotel ski and stay deal is it. Oh, and check the websites for other resort passholder discounts, there's a bunch that we give 25% off for (unless that changed with the powder alliance deal).

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    All that snow sounds great, arriving in BC in less than 2 weeks. Planning to ski Red, Whitewater, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Fernie and Castle. Already have an RCR Rockies card for discounts at Fernie and Kicking Horse, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to find less expensive lift tickets than buying at the resort ticket window?
    wait in the parking lot around 11-1130, and ask to clip peoples day tickets in exchange for beer.

Off hill ticket deals have been slowly evaporating over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    So much snow! I shoveled for two hours yesterday... we get a short break today then more more more. My yard's snowpack is about 3 feet.

There's now 5 campers parked at the hitching spot to ww. A few have been there a couple weeks. This is a new phenom.

skuff depending on how long you are here, WW and maybe Red have multiday cards. Other than that a hotel ski and stay deal is it. Oh, and check the websites for other resort passholder discounts, there's a bunch that we give 25% off for (unless that changed with the powder alliance deal).
    Thanks for the info, I'll check the websites. Staying in Rossland for the first few days shared between Red and Whitewater, I'll ask our lodging host for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    wait in the parking lot around 11-1130, and ask to clip peoples day tickets in exchange for beer.
    lol The cost of a lift ticket is already a good deal with the exchange rate, but every little bit helps.

Name:  Screenshot_20180125-131950.png
Views: 785
Size:  758.4 KB

Silver star was totally amazing this morning. Really wish I didn't have to leave for work.

Was really warm (34F) when we left at 1pm. Might be manky tomorrow

Sorry for the sideways photos. Phones are dumb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180125_102718.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	222188  

Red Mtn 2-day total. Arrived Tues evening.Name:  20180125_164753.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  52.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meggers View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20180125-131950.png
Views: 785
Size:  758.4 KB

Silver star was totally amazing this morning. Really wish I didn't have to leave for work.

Was really warm (34F) when we left at 1pm. Might be manky tomorrow
    34F = 1 Degree Celsius ... for anyone from Canadan and under 50 who may be reading this

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll check the websites. Staying in Rossland for the first few days shared between Red and Whitewater, I'll ask our lodging host for suggestions.

lol The cost of a lift ticket is already a good deal with the exchange rate, but every little bit helps.
    If you buy in advance at revelstoke there is a discount. It’s on the website.
    You could put a WTB ad up on “the stoke list” (revelstoke online classified). There’s often tickets floating around. Heli ops give clientele a stack of passes for the hill for no fly days. They often give them to locals or sell them if they don’t use them

FL for SS/ Vernon area is reading as 600m ... and all the weather data available to me at my desk suggests temps at 1600-19000m to be near -4 all day.

I am calling shenanigans on +1c.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    FL for SS/ Vernon area is reading as 600m ... and all the weather data available to me at my desk suggests temps at 1600-19000m to be near -4 all day.

I am calling shenanigans on +1c.
    I was going off car temp, which was sitting in the sun, so you are probably right. Still, it was getting heavy in non shaded aspects when we were leaving. Glad I had the 6 hour flu today and not tomorrow

Edit: just did the math on that. My car is really off, I'll remember not to trust it anymore

If you buy in advance at revelstoke there is a discount. It’s on the website.
    You could put a WTB ad up on “the stoke list” (revelstoke online classified). There’s often tickets floating around. Heli ops give clientele a stack of passes for the hill for no fly days. They often give them to locals or sell them if they don’t use them
    I'll check all that out, thanks!

edit- That Stoke List is a trip, all sorts of things going on. My favorite was the dude(?) who lost his bag of weed and was looking for someone to help him find more to replace it.
    Last edited by skuff; 01-30-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B6Fischer View Post
    Red Mtn 2-day total. Arrived Tues evening.[ATTACH]222189[/ATTACH

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sweet! Hope conditions hold. I'm at Red Wednesday if anyone wants to do a lap.

i'm going to shovel out my windows. it's not stopping.

I was at Red on Wed., arrived Tue evening in my popup truck camper with 30cm in 24hrs, 25cm of it Tue night and snowed all day Wed. Heavy snow in the morning got real heavy in the pm. Snowball stuff in the parking lot.

Skied Silver Star on Friday. Less fresh snow but much lighter than Red.

Minus 2C at the Sun Peaks Village at 3pm today. Snowed all day.

another foot by tomorrow. we're now into my favourite base depth. get some for me!

If anyone has been out touring lately at Rogers or elsewhere in the vicinity and doesn't mind sharing their snowpack/avy obs, please PM me. We're flying into Bill Putnam on Sat and trying to gather all the info we can. No need to share exactly where you were or give up any stashes, just general aspect/elevation and obs would be helpful. We've been reading the avy bulletin daily but there are surprisingly few observations submitted publicly on the forecast center website. Thanks!

(not sure this is the right thread but didn't see one for that area specifically, will delete and move if needed)