Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Spots have opened up on a BC lodge trip, edit- Jan 7-14 , heli in , not guided but most people know the land like back of their hands. I've been there twice in both winter and summer I have been there the least. The owner will be there and has been running the place for 25 years. So for $750 you get heli and lodge unguided not catered so food groups. One of the people there teaches avie level one and 2 . Lots of different levels between rock star 10Kft and more mellow. So if a good person you will be invited back for years, but if you turn out to be a douche I won't be invited back. So I will be pickie on the names I put forward. You do one day in the food group with 2 other people during the trip, so cook and clean up for 18-20 people. Bring own food for lunches.

Most people stay in Golden night before but if coming in from Revie can meet at staging.
    Wow that sound really good. When would I have to confirm by? I would be in 100% but I got t-bonned last night by a red light runner totalling my car and my shoulder is trashed. Not sure if it's going to be a few days of pain or an issue for a while.

no big rush as can take 3 more, but of course I'm just feeding in names so she may arrange people before you can confirm
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    no big rush as can take 3 more, but of course I'm just feeding in names so she may arrange people before you can confirm
    Which lodge is it, if you don't mind me asking?

That's a heck of a good deal.

I'm so tempted but Japan/Europe are also pulling me very hard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Official Call Out:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ning-1.4455148

To the Bro Brahs skiing the permanent avy closure in Rogers Pass: Go fuck your selves. Continuing to access permanently closed areas within the Park will ultimately lead to them shutting down the permit system.
    Darwin Award contestants

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Spoke too soon, with 60cm falling in the alpine last week n cooler temps plus some dominant north wind. RMR is owning top to bottom for sat. Coverage at mid station will be dicey though. I imagine most runs will remain closed to where you can’t jump on to last spike for the tail end.

Southern BC interior 2017/2018

-20 Boxing Day sale. Couloirs 1/2 off.
    Last edited by cmcrawfo; 12-28-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Decembers been a bit of an emotional roller coaster if you follow the forecasts. Fortunately all of southern BC is ending off this month with much improved conditions compared a week and a half ago. The lower elevation snow pack is starting to build nicely thanks to MUCH colder temperatures and snow. I skied Revelstoke top to bottom today off the groomed runs and while the lower 3rd of the mountain is still very bony for this time of year it was certainly doable with some willow and tree top dodging. Didn't hit any rocks but if you go choose the wrong run down you will most certainly find plenty lurking underneath the powder. I'd say out of the interior mountains this December Big White's been leading the pack for accumulation as the weather pattern lately as been pretty prime for classic Okanagan champagne powder dumps. Things look to be drying out after this Sat again for awhile so get it's fresh.

Any mags skiing Revy tomorrow? I’m rolling solo and this storm seems sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

60cm of Kootenay coldsmoke for Revelstoke top to bottom in the last 48 hours with little impact from the winds just in time for our busiest weekend of the season. Morning line ups are massive but conditions are great over the entire mountain now.

Been having hard time finding time to ski during the day so I’ve just been skiing shit in the dark. Last night skied the womb under the full moon outa 2017 and into 2018. That was pretty fucking cool!

Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Low hanging fruit today!

Last edited by Lamothe; 01-02-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

^^^Nice. Crush those pillows.

so it hasn't snowed in a while and the main areas are getting bumped out. Had a few hours so I went and checked out 23N. it's a bit bushy at first but I was not disappointed. Looked like this most of the way, Revelstoke is fucking rad.

Anyone with any insight into conditions at Whitewater? I'm considering a few days there next week but the current snow report and forecast don't look too inspiring. Any first-hand knowledge would be much appreciated.

Coverage is probably decent though everything will be very skied out from the holidays... The forecast is certainly looking more optimistic next week as we move toward a pacific flow. All you'd need is a 15-20cm dump and conditions will be good. This weekend and monday night looks to be bringing some new snow with a chance off n out through next week... Forecasts are a bit of a joke a lot of the time... usually they have an idea if it's going to snow but how much is usually +/- 10cm what you see in the forecast

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...water/6day/mid

A little precip in the forecast every day is really what we've been needing, and this hasn't happened for all of Dec. So I'd say the forecast is looking pretty good so far.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Sounds like it might not be terrible. I'd rather ski a little fresh at Whitewater than rip groomers at Schweitzer, which is my other option.

www.spotwx.com over snow-forecast all day long. The ten day hasn't been bad for me but in general I don't pay much attention beyond 3 day forecasts for the most part.

Lamonthe, you up near Sale?

Took a flight yesterday in the clear and calm conditions to do some scouting, was awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180103_132801.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	220482

Name:	20180103_143013.jpg 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	220483

Name:	20180103_141611.jpg 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	220484

Name:	DSC_0484.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	220478

Name:	DSC_0513.jpg 
Size:	974.2 KB 
ID:	220479

Name:	DSC_0550.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	220480

Name:	DSC_0563.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	220481
    Last edited by el hefe; 01-04-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Some of us poor schmucks actually have to shelp into the mountains to enjoy them.

Think we could put skis on that thing and do some fixed wing laps?

People actually use snow forecast dot com? Huh.

He wants to get skis. They nearly doubled the power in it, new engine and electronics last year. Can do loops and fly upside down. With "bush/tundra" tires it will be able to land in river beds. Took off in 6 seconds from a stand still.

How was snowbiking???
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Looks like freezing rain just rolled through the southern 1/3rd of BC; more so the west than the east and was still snow in the Columbia... fortunately short lived with some accumulation in the form of snow every day in the 7 day range.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    People actually use snow forecast dot com? Huh.
    This. Snow forecast is terrible. It should be called "what I wish was going to happen".

Yr.no is the place to be. Really good models.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

It ain't any better then RMR's forecast that gets re-invited completely every 6 hours... I use it more as a gauge on whether or not it's going to snow or not, not how much it's going to snow... Environment Canada is usually in the ballpark 1 day before the storm. Even then it's usually +/- 10cm

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This. Snow forecast is terrible. It should be called "what I wish was going to happen".

Yr.no is the place to be. Really good models.

Or ....you could just ignore both and start using spotwx ... as a gauge of what is actually going to happen.