Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Can't wait. Fly west to Whitefish tomorrow to hook back up with my son and the Chinook. Whitefish Thurs, Fernie Fri/Sat then see from there...

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    (not sure this is the right thread but didn't see one for that area specifically, will delete and move if needed)
    try the rockies thread.

rain to the top, ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    try the rockies thread.

rain to the top, ouch!
    Monday at Sun Peaks it got mild with 7/8ths of the mountain in fog with rain mist but no actual rainfall. When you ski at a mountain that gets less snow than others, it turns out you also get less rain.

Got colder today.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    rain to the top, ouch!
    Not here. Really sweet day at Red, no crowds, top of the mountain skiing really well. Sunshine too, forgot what that was like for a while! We are buried in town here. The lower elevation snowpack is very healthy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    Not here. Really sweet day at Red, no crowds, top of the mountain skiing really well. Sunshine too, forgot what that was like for a while! We are buried in town here. The lower elevation snowpack is very healthy this year.
    Skiing red tomorrow. hope freezing levels stay higher than base.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    hi!!! miss you, spread some heys around for me!

that's good, I heard you guys got it too. carnival musta been fun, so much snow! my yard has three feet. nelson is like spring.

Holy shit, won't stop snowing at S.S. and I am sure most of the southern interior. I have never seen the pack this large in the village before.

2 weeks ago I had to reach up to clean the snow off this dish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180203_131501.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	223060

The alder gullies are good to go now! Best turns of my winter yesterday.

Name:	Screenshot_20180204-121602.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	512.3 KB 
ID:	223062
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

How crowded does Revy get on Family Day? Heading out there Sunday with a buddy, 2 days @ Revy (Sun/Mon), then 2 @ KH (Tue/Wed).

Would love it if any mags are around and willing to brave the crowds to give us the lay of the land, so to speak. Last time I was there I managed 1/2 a run in the North Bowl before I dislocated my shoulder on that goddamn traverse, so I have some unfinished business back there. Standard payment of food and beverage applies, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    How crowded does Revy get on Family Day? Heading out there Sunday with a buddy, 2 days @ Revy (Sun/Mon), then 2 @ KH (Tue/Wed).

Would love it if any mags are around and willing to brave the crowds to give us the lay of the land, so to speak. Last time I was there I managed 1/2 a run in the North Bowl before I dislocated my shoulder on that goddamn traverse, so I have some unfinished business back there. Standard payment of food and beverage applies, of course.
    I don’t know what your idea of crowded looks like, but Revy is notorious for it’s long lines, and Family day will be next level busy.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I don’t know what your idea of crowded looks like, but Revy is notorious for it’s long lines, and Family day will be next level busy.
    Cant be worse than Whistler on a busy day, which are still quite fun. Didn't they slap some extra chairs on the Stoke? Should be good enough, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Cant be worse than Whistler on a busy day, which are still quite fun. Didn't they slap some extra chairs on the Stoke? Should be good enough, eh?
    Extra chairs and gondola cabins don't fix a flawed lift system that doesn't account for the extremely low elevation and doesn't spread skiers out very well on a long but narrow ski resort.

So I am tied with the winter of 08/09 snow banks in my yard at 440m elev. Can't see the vehicles in the yard from the street anymore - throwing snow above my head now. Expecting in excess of 30cm in the next 36hrs at the home elev, probably double that at treeline. Too bad the avy conditions are through the roof in the N.Monashee-S.Cariboo corridor. Hope they settle out a bit for the weekend, or maybe suffer the lines at Sun Peaks if the temps hold for them. Loving it!

Silver Star is sitting at 250cm. Good chance they break 300cm in the next couple weeks. Doesn't happen very often.

Buddy controlling the dam at the end of OK lake better be paying attention this year. Really don't want to be sandbagging this summer.

We’ve been riding below the stoke chair a fair bit this year. Hasn’t been any rain on the stoke chair either/knock on wood.
    Gondi line up is gone by 9:30. On a weekend it’s ez to get on the Gondi at 10:30-11 and get 10-12 stoke laps and a long run down. Bit of a line up at the stoke til 11-30-12 then they’re back at 2-2:30.
    Coverage is amazing this year. Found a couple new little spots that the added base has made.
    Family day is next level though but I’d still get on the Gondi after 10. Your not far behind the 8:30 people by the time they get thru the Gondi line and then stoke line. They’ll start spreading by the time you get there and still have plenty of time for a good leg burner and it’s much more chill that way to start. If it snows still lots of fresh.
    I’d show you around paulster, looks like I’m touring sunday atleast though

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    So I am tied with the winter of 08/09 snow banks in my yard at 440m elev. Can't see the vehicles in the yard from the street anymore - throwing snow above my head now. Expecting in excess of 30cm in the next 36hrs at the home elev, probably double that at treeline. Too bad the avy conditions are through the roof in the N.Monashee-S.Cariboo corridor. Hope they settle out a bit for the weekend, or maybe suffer the lines at Sun Peaks if the temps hold for them. Loving it!
    Sun Peaks got snow and some rain on the bottom 300' on Friday night and it made for some heavier than normal snow for Saturday. I was 3rd one down Challenger Sat morning and it was fine. Upper and middle Expo was fine with small soft moguls but below the Roller Coaster road is was goo. Snowed all morning.

Saturday night it got cold, snowed some more and for Sunday the mountain completely recovered. Former goo on the bottom 300' was gone but was noisy but skied fine. Snowed all morning.

Line ups could be a concern for some lifts on the holiday Monday as I think the lift tickets are half price.

The President's Day weekend (Feb. 17-19) might be busier as apparently there are more Sun Peaks passholders in Seattle than Kamloops.

Expect Revelstoke to be busy like any mountain for the next two (long) weekends. This year hasn't been as bad for lines aside from a few days but if it snows 10+ cm over night you can expect a very busy morning with a long early line at the gondola becoming a long line at the stoke chair... If it doesn't snow, lines aren't an issue because most of the terrain is open right away and people are less keen to get up there early... Looking at the forecast I am cautiously optimistic... Looks like a lot of snow Wed-Thurs but freezing levels halfway up the mountain followed by cold dry weather which will make for some icy conditions skiing down to mid station = more pressure on the upper chairlifts.

Thanks for the beta bros . So basically we're looking at a busy mountain with some cold sunshine on a massive base. I'll take it. More people on the hill means more friends to share the fun of skiing and riding with!

Maybe I'll dip in to the dentist overtime account and splurge for some kind of "lesson" to bypass lines if it's totally absurd. Or, we'll just go to the bar. Or, we can look around for your secret smoke huts in the woods.

Black Mountain is in great shape for some local lines. Sure, it’s not quite the fingers in Revelstoke, but still super fun.

^^^ nice . Town lines are fun not matter what. Similar to our Mt. Vernon in aspect and elevation

Good one alive. That couple degrees cooler this year, on average, had made some good options everywhere it seems. Lots of pow to the bottom at rmr in the last month . Deep today and forecast to pound all night

Sick town lines Alive. I've done a few magic estate laps on Knox this winter , but that looks far superior. Where do you park at to skin up?

Nice work Alive!

Love the lower elevation stuff in the O.K. when it's on. How are the lavington to lumby lines shaping up? Hit a good short window in Nov., super fun and unique.

Name:	P1070918.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	223470

Name:	P1070931.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	886.4 KB 
ID:	223471

Name:  P1070928.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:	P10709042.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	223475
    Master of mediocrity.

^^^ I'd say they are still good to go. Upper sections will have excellent coverage.

Freezing rain sometime between 1 and 6am below 800m here.
    Local little t-bar was shaping to be fantastic night skiing for Friday with almost 40cm from the past 2 days. Just over 70cm between the last 2 storms now with a solid rain crust.

Oh well, avy conditions should have settled out a bit for holiday Monday's BC turns.

Nice... always wanted to try those hills. Weird weather. +9 today, -6 tonight. going to get icy!
    Will send PM, Meggers!