Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Been skiing revelstoke for the first time last few days, really enjoyed the area. Looking forward to returning again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Low hanging fruit today!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I needed that. Thanks

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Week of snow ahead for BC; fair bit warmer but should still be nothing but snow for all the ski resorts unless you're lower elevation close to the coast.

Rain was to 1900m+ in some areas today.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Crazy temp variance. Was still snow at 400m in town today. Forecast keeps changing so fingers cossed

Freezing rain is in the same category as Mosquitoes if you ask me..... why do they exist? Wicked day skiing yesterday until we got covered in FR, my lens probably need replacing now.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Question;

Would you rather have...... a mosquito borne disease? or More interesting layers in the interior snowpack ?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Question;

Would you rather have...... a mosquito borne disease? or More interesting layers in the interior snowpack ?
    Good question! Since I am off to Mexico for 2 weeks next week I will take the more interesting layers please.

Great skiing like I said but this was an exciting run. Hard to see because the light was so flat but I touched off a slab as I was entering this chute. Always fun to air into a slide in progress. I was worried about buddies below so I kind of got excited..... do you prefer someone to yell "slide" or "avalanche" to get your attention?

Not sure how to embed anymore....?

I hope you get encephalitis in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I hope you get encephalitis in mexico.
    Please answer the question.... slide or avalanche? I think slide is easier and quicker but avalanche most likely will generate quicker response?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Please answer the question.... slide or avalanche? I think slide is easier and quicker but avalanche most likely will generate quicker response?
    If either one does not elicit an immediate response you need to pick different partners.

I mean, you can yell whatever the fuck you want .... you could have yelled "peanut butter sandwiches" , and it still would have got everyone's attention.

Maybe we should have established a "safe word" during the morning tailgate?

I’d say , if you don’t miss a turn it’s yell “sluff” or “meh, I’m a go over heeya “

Seemed aggressive for a sluff call. Hard to see in the vid but it was a decent slab that was popping and cracking. Fast powder cloud when I looked over after exiting it's path.

Also I saw some of the guys in the run out when I started the line. Always try and keep tabs but wasn't 100% that it was clear below.

Ya hard to see. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Just looked like a fun lap on my phone

The wife and I are heading to Sol Mountain from Jan 23-28, but we are flying into Kelowna on Jan 20. My original thought was to ski Revelstoke on Jan 21/22 then make the 3 hr drive to staging in Cherryville early morning on the 23rd. I’m not too keen on the early morning drive.

Does anybody have suggestions for two days of skiing that is a little closer to Kelowna/Vernon?

I’m also going to be skiing solo on 1/30, 1/31 (plans are TBD based on snow - Revy, Kicking Horse, Rogers Pass?). Was thinking of hiring a guide if I end up touring - I’m completely unfamiliar with the area. Any recommendations on guide services?

Depending on snow conditions, Big White (kelowna) may be a good option for you, rather than Revy.

If you're going to Cherryville, you'll be going through Vernon... Silver Star is only 20 or so minutes outside of Vernon, 50 minutes from the Kelowna airport... great mountain; that would be your best option. You could consider detouring to Big White from Kelowna, but then you're going in the opposite direction 45 minutes... Might be an idea to ski Big White or Revy on the 21th then Silver Star on the 22nd... Or just stay at silver star, relax n ski there for two days. Silver Star gets less snow and lacks the high alpine and glades of Revy and Big White... But the village is lovely and they're less vulnerable to wind n fog.

So things are happening! Yesterday was all fun and games cutting and remoting the storm slab and today we managed to remote the Dec 15th layer from a punched in skin track. Yikes! Skiing is pretty good right now though! Here's a little edit from the local hill across from rmr yesterday.

From today. 1m down, 25m wide about about ran for about 150m ish . Remoted from ten meters away.

Name:  26230517_10155318663335784_4230543816098215858_n.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  81.9 KB
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Wow that's from the skin track? Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Wow that's from the skin track? Rogers?

Was standing right here. Top right of previous photo. Look closely at the skin track .

Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

150m ride wouldn’t be fun. Is it near a creek(extra buried surface hoar)?Snowpack looks thin there

Mexico looking great right now😁

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app

Forecast has gone red. shits looking spicey. Thankfully the resort has been skiing extremely well recently.

What's this fat biking thing all about? maybe time to saddle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post

Was standing right here. Top right of previous photo. Look closely at the skin track .

Saw your vid on reddit. Wonderful!