Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best program for transferring iPhone to computer?

Pay the $20 for one of the transfer programs. I bought TuneClone when I had an iTunes failure. Most of them will let you copy 20 or so files and then it is pay.

If your that cheap write to tuneclone service and tell them you have an old version that won't run and they'll give you a discount coupon.

Update: syncios let me transfer all the songs for free - they just bury the functionality behind a hundred requests to upgrade.

The old laptop will remain at rest under 60 feet of dirty Ohio River.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    I use SyncIOS as well: http://www.syncios.com/
    I downloaded this to my iPhone. Was I supposed to download to PC?
    It said it was going to put the .exe in my Pages app but I don’t see it.

Ok wait, found it in pages guess I’ll try plugging phone to pc and see what happens

You do that.

Yes, try it with iTunes for what it's worth, and then pay for the transfer program if that's the only way to get them off the phone. And pay for a 2TB or so portable hard drive while you're at it (they're cheap), plus a handful of USB data sticks, because you should always keep backups (plural) of media (including personal stuff, photos and so on) that you've accumulated.

Thread hijack! So I've got an old classic i-pod with 50 G music. Is there another device with similar memory I can use that's not my phone but is similar in size?

Check out whatever Sansa is offering. I have a Sansa Clip+; no longer made, but they probably make something similar (but probably bulkier in order to power a color display and niftier interface, that is, bulkier than the Clip+, certainly less bulky than a classic iPod). Works great, very small, not expensive, good UI, accommodates a mini-SD for extra memory (so you can take a 16G unit and turn it into a 48G for a few $ more), and you don't have to deal with stinkin' iTunes (just copy the album folders that you want onto the drive, or delete to make room for other albums).

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    with 50 G music.
    50gb?? or 50 or Kenny G's songs???

There are some MP3 players out there that can handle microSD cards (64 GB or 128 GB are available) to stick in them. SanDisk (Clip and other models out), Sony Walkman, and many other lesser known brands out there (all non-Apple products). You could also get a cheap used or prepaid Android Smart phone that would handle microSD card slot and store the music and just be used for music play- would not even need any cellular plan. A 64 GB microSD card should be about $20 or so plus the device for playing.
    Last edited by RShea; 02-28-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Sansas supposedly only take up to 32Gb miniSDs. But yeah, that's the way to go. 48G is pretty ample for carrying a good mix of stuff. For the full collection, that belongs on a hard drive, but you can carry around a very decent selection on 48G.

A limiting factor on typical players is indexing. I'm not sure you'd want a cheap Sansa to hold nearly 100G, because it would probably struggle to index all that. For the same reason, I keep my car music on a ziploc full of 16GB USB sticks, because some of the cars barf trying to index more than that; jazz & classical on the blue one, old school rock on the black-ribbon one, Dead shows on the one with a metal lanyard, etc etc.

If you get something with smaller limits on the microSD such as 32 GB, then get a few cards and set up different play lists and swap the cards out in a few seconds.. 32 GB of music is still pretty good on a removable card...

http://www.tektouch.net/Mp3/10-Mp3-Players-SD.php shows some options for 64 gb microSD...