Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hardtail rims

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I had emailed them about buying a replacement 28h rim prior to that fateful ride and never heard back. I wouldn’t expect to hear back now.
    Not trying to sounds like a dick here but wtf happened to make you ride a hill sans tire? Preexisting rim damage?

Hardtail rims

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Not trying to sounds like a dick here but wtf happened to make you ride a hill sans tire? Preexisting rim damage?
    The rim was pretty done already, with a substantial hop and several dents. It was definitely in the “replace eventually” category. Then I put a massive, fatal dent in it on my ride and my tire went flat. The bead hook had been flattened into the rim bed. I went to throw in my tube (which may or may not have worked) and the valve stem snapped off. Because the rim was toast, I rode out on it rather than walking down.

Ah. Makes for a good photo.

I still think you should email Easton warranty dept. with a "JRA" explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Send in a photo, with an explanation "I was just riding along, and..."

https://www.eastoncycling.com/support/warranty-form/
    "I did this so you guys could compete with that MacAskill video. We probably need a second take."