Check Out Our Shop
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That new one looks great and from what I hear they drive nicely too but all I hear is problem after problem. It's too bad.

So JM what did you end up doing? If I had space I'd love to have taken it off your hands for a project or for a parts car for our R Design.
    do not buy a chinese volvo - just don't... you have been warned. not going to go into the story because I wouldn't someone to lose their job on gossip

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Mulling over the what-ifs for future Volvo purchases (hopefully not for several years).
    I generally have a bunch of Volvo engine reliability right now. Not with my current rig (ended up with a 2020 XC60 T6), but just in general. Thinking about how the 6cyl Turbo T6 shit the bed on me, and that was supposed to be the "Good" one. Now I've got the 4cly Supercharged T6, which is supposed to have almost exactly the same HP, but feels way less powerful in actually driving, AND fuel economy is almost exactly the same, AND they've already discontinued it. How many years was that? Seemed like a short run before they ditched the whole thing. Then they went with the Mild Hybrids. Same HP, but they get it from adding an anemic electric motor instead of the turbos? Or some shit like that. And dealer told me they're already talking about phasing most of these out after just a couple years. I've also heard that power availability can be super inconsistent with the Plug In hybrid.
    Hoping that when I eventually need a new vehicly, they will have sorted their shit out.
    One more thing: Volvo consistently sucks at any modern tech integration. Which is kind of the future of cars. Which is also discouraging.
    /blog
    good luck with that thing. they were great cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Just got the old girl back from a steering column replacement. 160k+ 2006 V70R 6 speed manual.
    that is a rare bird - well done

It would seem the S60 is no mas. Still unclear on the V60 tho, but I don’t think that is assembled in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    It would seem the S60 is no mas. Still unclear on the V60 tho, but I don’t think that is assembled in the US.
    What a bummer. The S60 was a great platform. I really liked the size. Guess they're going all in on SUVs. RIP Volvo. In other news, I heard the Polestar brand is on the brink of bankruptcy. Hell, the entire EV market is hurting right now, but Polestar in particular deserves it IMO due to their absolutely ass experience at their dealerships. Oh, I'm sorry... "Spaces." I've been following them from the beginning (including the leadership on LinkedIn) and their douchy executives thought they could basically copy Tesla in their business model, primarily a complete lack of giving a shit about the customer. I was actually really interested in buying a P*2, and wife and I drove to Austin to check out a dealer... err... "space," and gave up after like an hour of poking around the place, checking out the vehicles (all locked up of course) and TRYING to find a salesman. I gave them a bad review and the manager got back to me saying we'd have to set up an appt. Sorry, a-holes. You're not Tesla circa 2013. You can NOT operate like that and expect success. The arrogance from those execs was evident from the beginning and still persists. Zero willingness to adapt or change. Nope. Just go bankrupt and will get instantly hired somewhere else to wreck another company.

I liked Polestar when they were Volvo’s performance arm. I would consider a P2, far more than an XC40 Recharge or EC40 or whatever.

It’s a real bummer, if I had to go buy a car now it’d likely be an S60 T8 plug-in hybrid. Very frustrated with this move.