Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Nope. I've got the CPO warranty which I added 3 years onto. So mine is 8 years & unlimited miles. I'm at 120K now, the light came on a couple thousand after the previous oil change. Pretty frustrating dealership. I've been letting them ass rape me with the routine service in hopes that they'll be there for me when something big is covered under warranty. But I ALWAYS get the second class treatment. No loaner car, "maybe" they'll have a shuttle driver who can make the 10 min trip to where I work if the timing is just right. The drivers make a point of letting me know they routinely drive 1-3 hours to pick up their Mercedes customer's cars who bought new vehicles from the dealership. Meanwhile the service rep just says about the catalyst code: "if it were my car, I'd just drive it until the performance declines. This thing is going to be thousands to replace." Me: "How do we know if is this a warranty thing that Volvo should cover?" Him: "It's probably not covered. Especially with the miles you have, I'm sure you're out of warranty." Me: "My warranty is unlimited miles. I assumed it said that right there in my record". Him: "I've never heard of a warranty like that". Me: "It's a VOLVO CPO WARRANTY". Him: "I'll look into it." That was three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's considered a wear item and not covered, because THE INTERNET! But motherfucker, I'm so tired of this bullshit. How do I get someone to actually advocate for me? I asked him if they could more specifically diagnose what is wrong with it, and he literally said they'd have to just replace the whole exhaust system. That further diagnostics were impossible.

Did you drive through the check engine light for a while? What made you finally get the work done? Dealership or indy shop? Sorry for all the questions, but ......... above rant. Cheers!
    Have you tried contacting Volvo directly ? How much time do you have left on the warranty ?

Name:  Image1632606918.977980.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  80.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Coupe>Sedan

Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Coupe>Sedan
    Yeah seems currently in concept only .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1645635135.335111.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	407133

^WANT^

If it only had a turbo 6 rather than a 4 cylinder engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ovlov spelled backwards is Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If it only had a turbo 6 rather than a 4 cylinder engine.
    No more combustion engine after 2025! That’s the hubbub.

They can get 400 hp out of the 2l blown 4 banger with E drive, but think about the Yamaha 4.4 V8 with dual turbos.

But that wouldn't be in line with Swedish sensibility.

Volvo

I feel like they missed the memo on hybrids. Instead of eking out noticeably better mileage with two power sources, they’re like, “We can put a 100hp electric motor on top of our 300hp engine? And use the same amount of gas? FKNA!”

Still deciding whether it’s folly or genius.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Nope. I've got the CPO warranty which I added 3 years onto. So mine is 8 years & unlimited miles. I'm at 120K now, the light came on a couple thousand after the previous oil change. Pretty frustrating dealership. I've been letting them ass rape me with the routine service in hopes that they'll be there for me when something big is covered under warranty. But I ALWAYS get the second class treatment. No loaner car, "maybe" they'll have a shuttle driver who can make the 10 min trip to where I work if the timing is just right. The drivers make a point of letting me know they routinely drive 1-3 hours to pick up their Mercedes customer's cars who bought new vehicles from the dealership. Meanwhile the service rep just says about the catalyst code: "if it were my car, I'd just drive it until the performance declines. This thing is going to be thousands to replace." Me: "How do we know if is this a warranty thing that Volvo should cover?" Him: "It's probably not covered. Especially with the miles you have, I'm sure you're out of warranty." Me: "My warranty is unlimited miles. I assumed it said that right there in my record". Him: "I've never heard of a warranty like that". Me: "It's a VOLVO CPO WARRANTY". Him: "I'll look into it." That was three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's considered a wear item and not covered, because THE INTERNET! But motherfucker, I'm so tired of this bullshit. How do I get someone to actually advocate for me? I asked him if they could more specifically diagnose what is wrong with it, and he literally said they'd have to just replace the whole exhaust system. That further diagnostics were impossible.

Did you drive through the check engine light for a while? What made you finally get the work done? Dealership or indy shop? Sorry for all the questions, but ......... above rant. Cheers!

Wife has a 2011 XC90, the CEL came on during a road trip ~4? yrs ago right around 125K. Same thing, was told the O2 sensor was failing, and memory is fuzzy but I think the way it's positioned in the compartment that they were going to have to pull the fucking motor to change it, aswe were quoted somewhere's in the 2500-4K range. Also told it was no big deal until the car either started noticibily losing power or failed an emissions test.

4 yrs and ~45K more miles and the CEL is still on.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Volvo

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...ectric-by-2030

Looks like they moved the goal post for electric only sales.. its now 2030.

Name:  544.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  107.3 KB

^ mutant

That concept two door is pretty sexy, but Volvo should stay out of the grille wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That concept two door is pretty sexy, but Volvo should stay out of the grille wars.
    Who won? BMW or Lexus?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who won? BMW or Lexus?
    They both lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who won? BMW or Lexus?
    BMW definitely lost. What once looked great on a BMW is now an abomination. Lexus, mehhh, who cares? That Volvo grill is the clear winner IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Webber!

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Webber!

This.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    They both lost.
    We all lost.

I don't get coupes. If I'm getting in back, it's a pain in the ass. If I'm only ever getting in front, why is this door so fucking clunky? I thought 20+ years ago when Mercedes AMGs could out perform most "sports cars" the debate was solved. If you want to look like a douche, buy a sporty pointy sports car and do a quick Pilates routine every time you get in and out. If you want a car that drives like a beast but is comfortable and convenient, get a fucking 4 door sedan. But don't try to convince me your coupe is a sexy sports car.

Says the guy trying to convince himself his Volvo SUV is Sporty!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    We all lost.
    Yep. I forgot to mention GMC/Chevy with the 8’ tall grilles on the front of their trucks these days.

Fuck bro culture.

I don't get coupes. If I'm getting in back, it's a pain in the ass. If I'm only ever getting in front, why is this door so fucking clunky? I thought 20+ years ago when Mercedes AMGs could out perform most "sports cars" the debate was solved. If you want to look like a douche, buy a sporty pointy sports car and do a quick Pilates routine every time you get in and out. If you want a car that drives like a beast but is comfortable and convenient, get a fucking 4 door sedan. But don't try to convince me your coupe is a sexy sports car.

Says the guy trying to convince himself his Volvo SUV is Sporty!
    This guy is not wrong. 4 doors > 2 on anything other than a sportscar
    I still call it The Jake.

2 doors are better than 4 doors all day, every day unless you need to put people in the back seats. 28 cars and I've never owned a sedan and I don't feel like I've missed a thing.