Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Volvo

Jesus that's dark.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Jesus that's dark.
    But funny
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Name:  IMG_3001.JPG
Views: 1218
Size:  82.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2999.JPG
Views: 1165
Size:  101.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2998.JPG
Views: 1199
Size:  23.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2997.JPG
Views: 1211
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2996.JPG
Views: 687
Size:  175.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2995.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  39.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2994.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  44.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2993.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  11.5 KB

some of those are looking very CGI

I've wanted an 1800ES since I was a kid. Someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Anyone bought a Volvo with the new body style (Thor hammer headlights) and interior? Curious of your thoughts. I see the entry price has jumped across the entire line.
    Those new V90s are nice. I still find myself wanting a P2 V70R project, but the mileage the new cars get is pretty amazing, and they leveled up on the interior. I'm seeing certified used S60 R Designs (300hp, AWD) go for $30k with 10k miles, seems like an ok deal.

Volvo drift stoke. Starts around 37 seconds in. May or may not need to mute depending on music preferences.

Some real Ken Blöcks they got over there.

Volvo

Name:  IMG_3240.JPG
Views: 624
Size:  220.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3237.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  168.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3239.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  125.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man that's pretty.

But I can't stop looking at that damned curb feeler.

It's like ol' Buck Melanomahead's wart. You can't unsee it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Gotta get some black plates on that beauty.

Name:  IMG_3245.JPG
Views: 588
Size:  252.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_3244.JPG
Views: 572
Size:  193.1 KB

If I were to ever win the lottery, THIS is what I'd want. If only got to choose one spendy car, this would certainly be it:

I saw the Cyan P1800 in the video and was like:

Volvo

My check engine light has been coming on and off over the last couple months. Dealer checked the code and said, “Might just be the O2 sensor. Or the catalytic converter”.
    Um, so somewhere between $200 and $3000. And you can’t narrow it down? And it’s one of the only things not covered by my warranty?
    Maybe shoulda posted in Things That Annoys You.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Volvo

Fucking app

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    My check engine light has been coming on and off over the last couple months. Dealer checked the code and said, “Might just be the O2 sensor. Or the catalytic converter”.
    Um, so somewhere between $200 and $3000. And you can’t narrow it down? And it’s one of the only things not covered by my warranty?

I had a 2004 that did this. Was told that light was a common issue. Lights up unnecessarily. Not that this fact helps you much. Sorry.

If you still have a factory warranty, then you should also still be well within the federal emissions warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you still have a factory warranty, then you should also still be well within the federal emissions warranty.
    This. Of course my Volvo had the same issue and it started like within weeks of that federally mandated emmissions warranty running out. Sunnuvabitch...

I was told the same thing by the dealer and other shops too. It COULD be the O2 sensor or it COULD be the cat. Welp, I've added over 100K since the CEL first came on and rapidly approaching 200K so whatevs I guess. On a normal car, I'd swap the O2 sensor and hope for the best, but this one is a particular bitch to get to. Unless I'm looking at it wrong, I think I have to drop the drive shaft, a bunch of bracing, and the exhaust system. Maybe I'll take it to one of those places where you can rent a bay with a lift one of these days. Until then...

Volvo

I LOVE that car. Absolutely beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I had to replace my cat at about 190k. It just got to stinky. Around $2k but that is the way it goes in CA.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Nope. I've got the CPO warranty which I added 3 years onto. So mine is 8 years & unlimited miles. I'm at 120K now, the light came on a couple thousand after the previous oil change. Pretty frustrating dealership. I've been letting them ass rape me with the routine service in hopes that they'll be there for me when something big is covered under warranty. But I ALWAYS get the second class treatment. No loaner car, "maybe" they'll have a shuttle driver who can make the 10 min trip to where I work if the timing is just right. The drivers make a point of letting me know they routinely drive 1-3 hours to pick up their Mercedes customer's cars who bought new vehicles from the dealership. Meanwhile the service rep just says about the catalyst code: "if it were my car, I'd just drive it until the performance declines. This thing is going to be thousands to replace." Me: "How do we know if is this a warranty thing that Volvo should cover?" Him: "It's probably not covered. Especially with the miles you have, I'm sure you're out of warranty." Me: "My warranty is unlimited miles. I assumed it said that right there in my record". Him: "I've never heard of a warranty like that". Me: "It's a VOLVO CPO WARRANTY". Him: "I'll look into it." That was three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's considered a wear item and not covered, because THE INTERNET! But motherfucker, I'm so tired of this bullshit. How do I get someone to actually advocate for me? I asked him if they could more specifically diagnose what is wrong with it, and he literally said they'd have to just replace the whole exhaust system. That further diagnostics were impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I had to replace my cat at about 190k. It just got to stinky. Around $2k but that is the way it goes in CA.
    Did you drive through the check engine light for a while? What made you finally get the work done? Dealership or indy shop? Sorry for all the questions, but ......... above rant. Cheers!

YES! YES! AND YES!!! See my post above with the Car Throttle video. The Cyan P1800 has to be my #1 dream car right now. I would perform very unscrupulous deeds to get my hands on one.

jm2e, I am fairly certain the cat is covered for 10-12 years, so if your car is not that old, lean on the dealer for a resolution or go elsewhere. Maybe, I had a CEL, it has been a year or two so I don't remember, but I knew the cat was shitting the bed a few years before I replaced it.